Dino Menace from Radio Shack

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digi_Dueler

Reaction score
This battling v pet was on my most-wanted list for a long time. I was finally able to score myself a red one. There seems to only be red and blue cases for these, and I have no idea if either is different from one .

Any owners of "Dino Menace"?

Past experience with this pet? Differences from other battling v pets?

s-l400.jpg

Oops I might add I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Fingers crossed she works alright....

When I was a kid I remember wandering around my friend's dad's Radio Shack store and scrutinizing these when digimon were coming onto the market. I was just a stuck-up little girl and I wouldn't even CONSIDER getting another brand of v pets. But times have changed....   Looking back I really regret that attitude. And thinking about obtaining one of these now brought sentimental happiness to my heart! No one ever seemed to shop at that guys shop because it was already pretty far behind the times by the early 90s. But that definitely doesn't mean that the " Dino Menace" is a crappy pet  yet. ( I dont know yet)  But I LOVE battling vpets more than any other novelty I have ever come across.  

One thing I'm seeming in screenshots are very simple graphics.

Oh yeah...

I'm on the hunt for the instructions for this pet! If anyone can hook me up, I would appreciate it! I have seen a couple of boxed/ unopened Dino Menace pets, but I would really rather avoid that if possible . Oh well... maybe that's what I'll have to do to get the blue one plus the instructions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just merged your three posts together; If it's of any help, there's an edit button available for 24 hours after you make a post, just in case you need to add something else but nobody else has replied yet. :)

Anyway, I've only heard of the Dino Menace once, and it was in a very brief mention on Tamenagerie, which notes that this is the only US-specific pedometer-pet that they know of. I haven't seen any instructions for it online, though of course that doesn't mean that they aren't out there. I'll be very interested in hearing more about your experiences with this one!

So I got my Dino Menace Connect today ! It's in great shape,  and fired right up. Now I just have to track down a second one so I can battle. I'll upload some pics once I figure out how....

Does anyone know what the

pendulum / pedometer does in this one?

After a little shaking, it made a loud beep at me, so something happens....

I'll upload some pics once I figure out how....
The free image-hosting service, Imgur, is probably the best bet here. Once you've uploaded your images there, you can paste the BBCode that they provide into a post here.

If you can specify whether you're on desktop or mobile, I'll be able to provide better instructions than that. :p

Does anyone know what the

pendulum / pedometer does in this one?

After a little shaking, it made a loud beep at me, so something happens....
According to Tamenagerie, your steps make it stronger.

5DwpTw0.jpg

Happy t-rex animation!

J6xizBO.jpg

Sad t-rex !

TkY8inx.jpg

Sleepy face!

Lots of close ups of the dinosaur's facial expressions. 

Too bad. None of the reviews I watched explained how the battle dynamics work! Bummer! Really nice music and animation for the one player battle mode! A tail swipe, headbutt, and fireball attack. There are 3 rounds, and I'm not really sure if pushing buttons affects anything,  or what .Seems unique!

If someone can post a scan of the instruction booklet, I would really appreciate it. I would settle for only the page with the battle instructions on both the one and two player battle modes if possible. I'm not able to find anything online. 

Added: So, there are 3 rounds in a one player battle; each with 5 turns. At the beginning of each round, you get to choose 5 attacks from 3 options.( fireball,  headbutt,  and tail bash!) I'm not sure if the 2 player battles are exactly the same as the 1 player or not. I'll have to wait until I find a second one before I can find out.... Nice animations and music during battle! This guy is really growing on me! I like the battle animations alot!

I have a question!!!

What does the "level 1" stat mean? My dino menace has been at level 1 for a few days now.  And then there is a huge heart stat, that doesn't fill up hardly at all, and super slowly to boot.... I've gotten a couple pixels in it so far....am I missing something?

Hmmmm....

Anyone know what the stats all equate to? I would love to know what the terms that they use for this pet's stats are. Yeah, I just cannot afford to buy one with an instruction manual right now! Pricey! 

I am, unfortunately,  losing steam FAST on this pet! 

It doesn't poop.  It cannot be killed with neglect...well so I've deduced.  I prefer my pets to have some challenges in their care. This one seems to be geared towards an audience of young kids who cannot really take care of a Vpet. I'm still waiting to see what the battle system is like. That might be a while.

Latest posts

Back