Moosestatue

New tamagotchi meets sweets?

Haven't seen anyone talking about it yet so thought I'd make a post

Anyone seen the new tamagotchi yet? It's coming out in late November and it seems to have a diamond kind of thing at the top. Would consider buying it if i wasn't broke lol,,, recently just bought a tama on + I'm a student with no income so I'll have to save up again ;_;IMG_20190826_174046.jpg.163100626e4708b112c29eb3f479cf56.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think it’s interesting they added the diamond bit on top! Is it just a decoration or it has another purpose? 

The other thing is the characters are absolutely beautiful, so far I think they’re best looking for the Meets lineup (besides Snario of course :D)

CD85-F8-C5-AD9-A-486-E-8712-E0782-F68-AF

Here’s also another leaked pic of what it appears to be changing the characters color by dipping them in chocolate?

18-FDC29-D-DFD0-49-AB-BAC1-59-D4-DEC07-A

This seems interesting, can’t wait for more official information :blink:

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iTamannadi said:

I think it’s interesting they added the diamond bit on top! Is it just a decoration or it has another purpose?

In the bottom corner, its saying that rhinestones made sales of the dream mix go up by 170%, so maybe they're trying that again? Honestly i'd be the type to get a tama just because it has a gem, i love shiny stuff ,, maybe its a good thing i'm broke

The characters are so adorable! I quite like complex designs,, i tried to put that image in as well but it had a 128kb limit and im new to tamatalk (lost my old acc 3 years ago) so i had no idea how to attach them lol,, thanks for the attachment!

Edited by Moosestatue
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moosestatue said:

In the bottom corner, its saying that rhinestones made sales of the dream mix go up by 170%, so maybe they're trying that again? Honestly i'd be the type to get a tama just because it has a gem, i love shiny stuff ,, maybe its a good thing i'm broke

The character are so adorable! I quite like complex designs,, i tried to put that image in as well but it had a 128kb limit and im new to tamatalk (lost my old acc 3 years ago) so i had no idea how to attach them lol,, thanks for the attachment!

Welcome back to TamaTalk! 

The shell desgin looks good and the gem made it better honestly. 

You can use imgur to upload pictures in the future :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the shell for the sweets, I just wish I liked the characters as much. :( 

They updated the pictures, now we have clear and official shell designs and they changed the color of the chocolate drops from the previous leaked pictures:CA8-B0-FA1-018-D-4-CB0-923-D-0868-FE89-F

Not surprised, they added a limited shell and it’s... white.. again! :huh:91-C2697-D-F336-408-E-9626-4-AB8-B691-BC

And lastly, this is the 2 new locations “Dolce Town” and “Wagashi Village” with 5 new characters and 2 returning characters:809-D8-CC8-2-D53-4821-9457-3-FA99-F41169

I personally think if they kept the old chocolate drops in the front instead of changing them to pink it will look better!

Also if they choose a different color for the special design instead of white, because there are already two whites for the meets and I don’t see anything special about making this one the same to be honest! :angry:

Overall, I think it’s interesting! But not sure yet if I’m getting one. :rolleyes:

(In case someone is interested of getting one, they are available for pre-order on Japan You Want)

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

such a cute theme... 💕

jyw alreads has a preorder

I just pre ordered it on Amazon Japan, the release date is November 30!

• Like 2

I think they should have made the limited shell brown.

1. Because its different from colors we usually get with Tama's.

2. Its a SWEETS themed Tama, you already have a pink Tama and yellow Tama (though I'd say more cream then yellow) which could stand as strawberry and vanilla, making a brown Tama would add chocolate to complete the three classic flavors for sweets! You could even make the dribbles at the top of the shell white and the gems red (like cherries) to make them stand out and make it really special looking for a limited special shell. Missed opportunity Bandai, missed opportunity.

Edited by Save_Tamagotchis
  • Like 2

There's no chance this will come to the West as it's themed around Japanese sweets, so this is a good one to import. And thanks to the new EU-Japan government trade deal, I am actually able to import it! Can't wait!

JapanYouWant plans to sell the white one in very limited quantities https://japanyouwant.com/archives/162213

Edited by Jop

On 9/7/2019 at 5:24 AM, Save_Tamagotchis said:

I think they should have made the limited shell brown.

1. Because its different from colors we usually get with Tama's.

2. Its a SWEETS themed Tama, you already have a pink Tama and yellow Tama (though I'd say more cream then yellow) which could stand as strawberry and vanilla, making a brown Tama would add chocolate to complete the three classic flavors for sweets! You could even make the dribbles at the top of the shell white and the gems red (like cherries) to make them stand out and make it really special looking for a limited special shell. Missed opportunity Bandai, missed opportunity.

I agree with that! wish if they could take notes from this! :D

I think their color choices for this version is not the best this time! :mellow:

Edited by iTamannadi

On 9/7/2019 at 5:12 AM, Jop said:

There's no chance this will come to the West as it's themed around Japanese sweets, so this is a good one to import. And thanks to the new EU-Japan government trade deal, I am actually able to import it! Can't wait!

JapanYouWant plans to sell the white one in very limited quantities https://japanyouwant.com/archives/162213

I don't think it being themed around Japanese sweets will stop it from being released in the west. More and more they aren't bothering to change foods and culture differences.

In the ON there is Udon, a DIY Soba set, rice bowls, Rice Omelets, a revolving sushi bar game and a marriageable Tama themed after Cucumber Rolls and Kappas and a Marriable Tama themed after mochi and the old Japanese myth of rabbits living on the moon making mochi.

Not to mention there's the tradition of New Years money complete with the envelope its given in when you go to your Tama's parents house on New Years Day (Your Tama's parents give you 1,000 gotchi points as do their grandparents if its beyond gen 2 ). plus the decorations for New Years, Girls Day, Boys Day and Tanabata three of those which are not western holidays.

I big issue I feel stopping this from coming to the west is the same for the sanrio, fantasy, pastel and remaining fairy and magic meets colors being released here: How the sales of the ones already released in the west do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Save_Tamagotchis said:

plus the decorations for New Years, Girls Day, Boys Day and Tanabata three of those which are not western holidays.

And the way that the New Year is celebrated in Japan is very, very different to how it is in the West, too, so all four of those holidays are going to appear unfamiliar to many people. :P

In the end, all of this stuff as depicted on a Tamagotchi is very far-removed from what the target audience outside of Japan is likely to be familiar with anyway, and they can kind of get away with not changing it "because the creatures are aliens!" - I don't see how it'd be any different for the Japanese sweets. :lol:

Edited by Penguin-keeper

6 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

And the way that the New Year is celebrated in Japan is very, very different to how it is in the West, too, so all four of those holidays are going to appear unfamiliar to many people. :P

In the end, all of this stuff as depicted on a Tamagotchi is very far-removed from what the target audience outside of Japan is likely to be familiar with anyway, and they can kind of get away with not changing it "because the creatures are aliens!" - I don't see how it'd be any different for the Japanese sweets. :lol:

Part of me wishes there was stuff for other holidays. Hanabi (Cherry Blossom Viewing) being one of them since the west even celebrates this. Some gardens in America have Cherry Blossom Viewing where people come and have a picnic and look at the trees and hang out and some even have Japanese cherry blossom trees! Only thing is you can't drink because drinking in public is illegal in America unlike Japan. You could have a little cherry tree in the house or have a cherry tree appear outside in the yard. Or go to the Park and see a scene of Cherry Blossom Viewing and get a special spring dumpling or some other traditional Hanabi food.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

The holidays are obviously the human ones and the Tamagotchi's just celebrate them with you. Bandai just isn't good at localizing stuff, they even forgot to show weight in KG instead of LB when releasing the Friends in Europe. At least it means the rice balls etc. stay intact. Same would go for the sweets but I don't see them releasing that when they still have the more West-friendly ones such as the Fantasy and Pastel to release.

Edited by Jop

9 hours ago, Jop said:

The holidays are obviously the human ones and the Tamagotchi's just celebrate them with you. Bandai just isn't good at localizing stuff, they even forgot to show weight in KG instead of LB when releasing the Friends in Europe. At least it means the rice balls etc. stay intact. Same would go for the sweets but I don't see them releasing that when they still have the more West-friendly ones such as the Fantasy and Pastel to release.

I'm not sure why you're quoting me and not @Save_Tamagotchis who was actually the one who raised the issue that you're replying to.

Nonetheless, I actually agree with you, here - you don't need to say "obviously" when you're preaching to the choir. ;)