Tamagotchi / Virtual Pet Repair! Easy fix

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odourman

Reaction score
Hello!

This post is about vintage, connections and up to uratama. About how to repair them.

My native language isn't English, so this might be a bit of a strange read. 😋

If you have a pet that have lazy buttons or fading screen, or maybe doesn't seem to work at all, there is a thing you can do.

You can open up your device, it's easy! Take out all the screws, but remember where they are supposed to sit! Then you can take the screen off. It's No worries! And of it's broken - take the chance to fix it! It's no problem!

Then after you have taken off everything, you clean everything on the circuit board.  Careful! With alcohol or some other ok liquid for cleaning electronic stuff. You do this with a cotton wad stick, like those for the ears... But don't use a used one! Don't be cheap, take a new one. It's worth it.

Then if something is wrong the paper behind the screen on your Tamagotchi, like water damage maybe? Then you can throw away and make a new one! Draw something naughty and put it where the old paper was and TADA! New background.

Make sure to clean the buttons and where they push! Press them a bit insideout and clean.

Well, after everything is clean, you put it together!!! Remember where the screws went??? I hope so. They have different sizes you know. But don't worry - you did! Yay! It wasn't hard at all and there wasn't many of them!

When the little critter is put back together, you put the batteries in and try it out. The screen will be stronger now and the buttons a lot bettet!

But if it still does NOT work it might have something else wrong. You might need to solder. That is a bit more advanced. 

You'll need to change the 47uf capacitor! I'll write how... It's the funny round things with legs. You need to get it out! Cut it out of the circuit board and make sure EVERY part of it is out. Ok? Then you take your new 47uf capacitor and put it in it's place! Make sure it sits the right way! And you solder that capacitator into place! 

But some pets use different capacitators, so get the right uf. Ok? There are different volt in capacitators but Tamas use very little.

Soldering isn't so hard. Save your Tamagotchi!

(If it's just your sound wires, then you can hot glue them.)

Anyway... I hope this wicked post helps a Tamagotchi breeder... Somewhere.

Look! A Good guide for yr EYEs! (This guy knows Tamagotchi!)

Good Luck! 🧐

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back