New On advertisement

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically the product has always been aimed at pre-teen and young teen girls as it's primary target audience so it's consistent with Bandai marketing. 

Nowadays, I don't think "girlyness" is the kind of thing to chase someone outside of the primary target audience away.  Maybe it influences which shell design you'd prefer, but a dedicated fan (like many members on TamaTalk) will either want the ON for their collection - or not - and will make the purchase based on that premise.

a dedicated fan (like many members on TamaTalk) will either want the ON for their collection - or not - and will make the purchase based on that premise.
Of course, but these ads are supposed to draw in people who aren't fans yet.

Of course, but these ads are supposed to draw in people who aren't fans yet.
True.  Then I think the ad is on point.  It appeals to the primary target audience - young girls :)

Tamas no longer have the same mass appeal they had when they launched in the 90s - nor when they re-launched the IR versions in the early 00s.

I don't think the tamagotchi customer base is large or diverse enough (nor marketing budgets generous enough) to support an ad campaign that appeals to anyone other than it's core target audience.

(by way of explanation, it's a subject close to my heart as I used to work in advertising and marketing - although never on toy products - and I remember the endless focus groups and research that went into trying to forecast how an ad would appeal best to it's main target audience)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back