I need help! >.<

I'm buying a new Tama, but I can't decide on whether I want the Meets or the On. I know they're the same with the language being the only difference, but here's where my debate comes in:

1.) I love the Meets packaging! The one from the On isn't as exciting for when I first open my tama. I know the packaging isn't everything, but like keeping things like that (I have all of my other packages from my other tama's too. aha)

2.) I know some Japanese, but I'm fluent in English. (Obviously.) I like knowing what is being said between different characters so I wouldn't be able to do that with the Meets, but I LOVE the Meets glitter in the plastic on the shell. The pearl is pretty for the On, but ... idano, man. Something about that glitter. >:P

3.) I really really REALLLLLLY want the Sanrio Meets, but again... I won't be able to see the convos between my characters and can the meets connect to the on tama's? (You know.. because one is in English and the other is in Japanese..)

and 4.) ... is it possible for the app for the meets to work in the US with a Meets instead of an On Tama? :o

ありがとうざいますみな‪⸜(*ˊᵕˋ*)⸝‬💕

xoxo~Belle

14 hours ago, _GlitterTears_ said:

I love the Meets packaging! The one from the On isn't as exciting for when I first open my tama. I know the packaging isn't everything, but like keeping things like that (I have all of my other packages from my other tama's too. aha)

I agree here! When you compare both I think most people agree that Meets and Some packaging better than the ON. :D

I know some Japanese, but I'm fluent in English. (Obviously.) I like knowing what is being said between different characters so I wouldn't be able to do that with the Meets

Understanding the menu translation is all you need, and fortunately the Meets is not that hard when it comes to gameplay, you just need a bit of time to be able to understand the options and the choices.

But the problem now is that you’re trying to understand the conversations between the characters, unless if you don’t translate them I think you should get the ON if you really want to know their interactions. 

can the meets connect to the on tama's? (You know.. because one is in English and the other is in Japanese..)

They can connect play/visit, not sure if they can mate though.

is it possible for the app for the meets to work in the US with a Meets instead of an On Tama?

You can download the japanese app if you have a vaild japanese address and connect your Meets without any problems. (I did that btw)

Hopefully that will help you decide. ^_^

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, iTamannadi said:

I agree here! When you compare both I think most people agree that Meets and Some packaging better than the ON. :D

Understanding the menu translation is all you need, and fortunately the Meets is not that hard when it comes to gameplay, you just need a bit of time to be able to understand the options and the choices.

But the problem now is that you’re trying to understand the conversations between the characters, unless if you don’t translate them I think you should get the ON if you really want to know their interactions. 

They can connect play/visit, not sure if they can mate though.

You can download the japanese app if you have a vaild japanese address and connect your Meets without any problems. (I did that btw)

Hopefully that will help you decide. ^_^

Thank you so much for your advice!!! :D

I had actually did a little research with my other tama's when meeting with friends in the park and they kind of usually say the same things, just randomized or in a loop. So, I'm really not too worried about. I decided just to get the Meets. ^^ It's not my first Japan Imported Tama, so I'm not worried about having to translate. If I really run into issues, I'm sure I can always ask for help here or look for something on YouTube depending on the reasons for needing the help/vids. 

I made sure to check if the Meets will still with the Tamagotchi On app, and one of my TamaMama friends said hers works just fine with her app and she has the rare white colour Magic Meets. (It's actually really really pretty. :o) What really sold me was the Sanrio Meets. Which, if my calculations are correct, should be arriving in the mail in about two weeks. :D (It's gonna be a loooooooong next two weeks.. >.<;)

Thanks again~ c:

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 10:46 AM, _GlitterTears_ said:

2.) I know some Japanese, but I'm fluent in English. (Obviously.) I like knowing what is being said between different characters so I wouldn't be able to do that with the Meets, but I LOVE the Meets glitter in the plastic on the shell. The pearl is pretty for the On, but ... idano, man. Something about that glitter. >:P

4.) ... is it possible for the app for the meets to work in the US with a Meets instead of an On Tama? :o

The meets can connect with the tama ON app and can be used concurrently with the meets app.  Also, for the sanrio meets, the 'glitter' effect is part of the holographic faceplate, not the plastic itself.

• Like 2

I have both a pink fairy on and a purple pastel meets! I like the games on the meets better because there's some skill involved with them. The fairy only has a game where you spam the A button and one where you move up and down to meet the dolphins. My pastel has a matching game I really enjoy, and I personally enjoy the backgrounds and characters available on the pastel. It IS hard not understanding the text but since I have both I can compare them when I get confused. The on and meets both connect to the english app, and can connect to each other. The shells look similar to me, the glitter is pretty much the same on both. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RachelAnne said:

I have both a pink fairy on and a purple pastel meets! I like the games on the meets better because there's some skill involved with them. The fairy only has a game where you spam the A button and one where you move up and down to meet the dolphins. My pastel has a matching game I really enjoy, and I personally enjoy the backgrounds and characters available on the pastel. It IS hard not understanding the text but since I have both I can compare them when I get confused. The on and meets both connect to the english app, and can connect to each other. The shells look similar to me, the glitter is pretty much the same on both. 

Just to make it clear for other people who might be reading this, fairy/magical ONs and meets have the same games/content as their language counterparts.

• Like 3

IF You Live In Latin america Or North america. Use ON.

iF You livE In the Country Tamagotchi originated. Use the Meets.