Were you disappointed by the Meets/On app?hey

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverRibbon

Reaction score
Hey all, I have been collecting literally since I was like 7 so I've been around for every update and new thing that has come out.

However I didn't try out any color tamas until I bought the Magic On. Super thrilled with the ability to visit other towns in game, use items, accessories, get pets, etc. However I'm pretty disappointed with the On app. Only two games, the park which is literally just a place to propose, and match place. There are lots of genetic variations obviously, and I guess Bandai's point was just to release lots of versions of the On and Meets to make more money since users are expected to have more than one, which I guess is why the On app is pretty lacking. 

What's really disappointing is that in the park you can see so many cool potential locations in the background, but w.e.

My favorite feature ever was TamaTown, getting to play games and get rare non-cheat-code items and travel tickets, collecting the 30 souvenirs from TamaTown, being able to go to the bank and the food court and being able to shop in game. Rather than trying to manage a certain number of points in a game to try to get $150 instead of banana juice again lol.

Anyway, am I the only one? I overall really adore the On and will probably get another one soon, I just kinda miss the nostalgia of the old Tamatown and wish Bandai would expand on the app more. 

They've added graphics for a new sports plaza-type event on the meets app and the ON app is pretty much a re-skin of the meets app anyway, so there is potential for future development.

I feel the same way about the app. The ON is way cool...especially since it’s in English. I was so excited to get on the app, only to be let down. Only 2 games and not much to do. Also transferring items earned items in the app. You cannot just transfer the Gotchi points you earned from the game, you have to have a physical item you earned to transfer Gotchi points. 

I agree, I was hoping the app would be more like tamatown. It also crashes a lot for me and has issues connecting to my devices. It would be nice if you could make friends with other users on the app to visit their Tamas in a home or something instead of just proposing. I hope they’re going to at least add some new games because I’ve already gotten the prizes I wanted from the current ones. 

I agree, I was hoping the app would be more like tamatown. It also crashes a lot for me and has issues connecting to my devices. It would be nice if you could make friends with other users on the app to visit their Tamas in a home or something instead of just proposing. I hope they’re going to at least add some new games because I’ve already gotten the prizes I wanted from the current ones. 
That would be reminiscent to club penguin but tbh I would not complain!! Being able to visit would be really cool. I also have issues with the app, it crashes constantly (I have a brand new phone with tons of storage and a good wifi connection), and it is insanely slow... When I first started up my On I had a problem (not really a problem) where when I moved my gotchi points and items to my On, they would double. I would move 1500 points and my On would get 3000 points. Not complaining about that but maybe it was an indication there would be other future problems :/ 

I do hope they change the prizes soon and maybe more frequently. I played the games for like 2 days before I had everything and got bored. If they rotated prizes weekly or something that'd be amazing

I completely agree about what has been said here, when i first tried out the tamagotchi on app i was kinda shocked when i  finished playing both of the games , checked out the tama plaza and settings options and every other option it has, the shock of "is that it??" and then the disappointment sunk in right away..really unbelievable that it is so empty and there is not much point in any of the games..you can't win amounts of coins because if you play good you get prizes (which you can't sell and end up with dupes of the same prize) max coins you can get is 200 , so for me if i want to earn some coins im going to the surfing game on my tama and press the same button over and over and its much faster to earn this same amount of coins.

besides all of that i was actually checking the Japanese app and they have a "like" system there. you can like other tamas on there i don't know if it benefits in anyway but i noticed players collecting likes, also the prizes are different on the Japanese app but all the games are still the same..

so...to sum it up, there is nothing much to do in the app..you can't even send friends messages..only 2 games with no real value to getting a higher score or keep playing the games..all i can say is that i hope they add more features to it and maybe add some kind of player interaction ..for example if i married a tama on the app i want to have the option to make friends with this person or maybe track his family tree like you can do with friends..maybe sending messages is abit too much but the "like" system is also a cute idea i don't get why the english version app doesn't have it.

sorry for the long rant !  

On sending messages and player interaction, Bandai has stated that they will not allow the users to communicate, presumably in an effort to avoid predators. It is a game aimed at children, after all. But yeah, I have found the app disappointing.

it is a little devoid of content, but there is enough to do on the On itself that i don't mind too much, since it serves its purpose as far as letting you find other users' tamagotchi and special tamagotchi to pair with at least, and i do like the extra prizes (i'm using the cloud background from there right now), but i definitely wouldn't mind more features, probably not messaging since that could be dangerous for kids, but maybe some more games and a search function or something for finding tamagotchi with the features you want? or even just for a few certain traits like body color or something and showing only ones you're able to breed with at the time, just a way to find potential ones a little less randomly than the party and the plaza, although that might make it too easy, haha

I absolutely agree - I think because we had TamaTown it's quite hard to top that with the current functionality of the app. There's not very much to interact/engage with even though it should have more capability than the tamagotchi device itself. It's great for matchmaking and for playing a new game but there could definitely be so much more in the way of content. I'm hopeful that it'll be updated at some point with a bit more to it.

It just doesn't come close to TamaTown.

Reactions: iAM
This is my first modern tama and I find the on app to be quite good but limited. Probably if I had experienced tamatown back in the day I would have preferred it. Why didn't they continue the idea of a more expansive area I wonder?

I had a Tama-GO back in the day, but I have to say my favorite memory was the original Tamatown with the games and interactions you can have. I was running my zebra V3 @ the time. I was really disappointed to see that all the other shops on the row in the Tamagotchi ON app we're nothing but background  -_-

Disappointed to. The tamagotchi on can nearly be the ultimate tamagotchi device. Connection with a smartphone is the key. The tamagotchi could know when you are traveling, the Weather in your area etc... and most of all can be updated all the time. So with only one device the possibilities are infinite. When you see games like Pokémon go... so this app is just the starting of something... or just a commercial argument...

Last edited by a moderator:
The tamagotchi on can nearly be the ultimate tamagotchi device. Connection with a smartphone is the key. The tamagotchi could know when you are traveling, the Weather in your area etc... and most of all can be updated all the time. So with only one device the possibilities are infinite.
And when the app goes away, which is inevitable and unavoidable, so does a ton of functionality of the toy, thus making Bandai's products and their long-term usability look bad. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why i said it's nearly the ultimate tamagotchi device. They should think on the long run. The strategy for them is to release new devices at each generations to create this appeal to children and their parents. Parents that will buy a tamagotchi just to see how it evolve with the years and share a little  bit  of their  childhood with their child.  That's how other brand works. For exemple Disney, star wars, Marvel, harry Potter or pokemon. But you must stay all the time in activity  to  maintain attention, and adapt to the new generation little by little. In vidéo games for example you buy a playstation. You have a playstation account, so even of you buy the next one, you can still play the games you buy online on the old version. With Apple iphone you can buy the last one and don't loose everything you buy, the apps you use etc... so to me the idea is to continue to release new devices as the technologie evolves but to keep and develope the license.

Agreed! I think the app has a lot of untapped potential- and especially for the $60 we spend on the Tamagotchi itself, it's worth it!!

More than anything I really wish there were more than two games on the app.

When I first started using the app, I was hit by a wave of nostalgia for the old TamaTowns (particularly Music City). However, as I continued playing, I began to see how little the app offered. I'm hoping future updates will make it feel more lively (the "likes" update is a start), but for now I just use it to get some kawaii genes. :wub:

It's been a while since I've used the On app (raising older Tamas and non-Tamas!), but I do remember how little there was to do in the app. While I do want there to be some updates, I can't help but remember the situation with a different virtual pet app: Furby Connect. There are features in that app that were never released, and now one of the features appears to not work anymore. While the actual Furby still runs fine, it's a shame to lose something that made the Furby Connect more fun and interactive.

It's just something that I can see happen with the Tamagotchi On app, because that's just inevitable. But it's a shame to lose it. Like TamaTown. I used to spend hours on there because there was so  much to do. And now we can't go back to that sort of thing again. Until/Unless more features are added to the app.

No news contents on the app.... i really want to know what bandai has in mind. It's NOW the perfect timing to propose à real app but it's like they don't really care. It's not a big deal to had one or two games and maybe a shop and a restaurant. And why is there a station if they don't plan to add more stuff? Are they really interested by the success of the on? They don't seuls to do everything they can sadly...

Im brand new to it, but it's a lot more sparse than TamaTown, which I really miss.

Reactions: Joc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back