Working dad

Single parent with a job

I’m new to parenting a tamagotchi. I decided if I didn’t have a tama now I might not ever get the chance again. So I forged ahead alone on this journey - me (an optimistic new father) and my beautiful new sparkling red tamagotchi. From the moment I held it I felt an instant connection. For the first few days I’m proud to say I wore the badge of a father well. But then my paternity leave was over (aka my weekend ended) and now I’m at work trying to raise a tama and be productive. It’s not exactly something I can talk to my boss about (hey I have a tiny toy robot that’s actually my child). What should I do? How have others coped with this issue?

Please help. 

Sincerely, 

Father optimism

• Like 1

I’m pretty much in the same situation as you with work a trying to raise 3 tamas at once as I’ve recently rediscovered my love for tamagotchis  

I only work part time in the afternoon to early evening so when I wake up in the morning I have time to play and care for my tamas. When I’m ready to head to work I pause them all (pressing a and b together on my v1 and 2 (pressing b then a and c on my angelgotch) these are the tamas I’m currently playing). Then when I come back home I still have a bit of time to play with them before they go to sleep. 

Since I work in admin I don’t have the time to check on them if I were to bring them to work. It probably depends what job you work and if you can get away with playing on it a bit but I don’t recommend if you can easily get caught hehe. 

I don’t really like pausing and being away from them for numerous hours since I feel attached to wanting to play them a lot and knowing that it’ll take longer for them to grow and evolve once you pause them, that’s all I can recommend really if you haven’t been doing so already. 

• Like 2

Which version do you have? The On allows you to let your Tamagotchi stay at a hotel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jop said:

Which version do you have? The On allows you to let your Tamagotchi stay at a hotel.

Oh,I don’t gave any of the recent tamagotchi releases. I’m currently running two ver2s, a ver1 and an angelgotch. 

• Like 1

I paused them, even though, I don't like to. But otherwise, I don't want them to die.

So I left them at home, paused and safe, and when I'm back home, I play with them again ^_^

• Like 1