Version 1 Tama battery issue

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello :wub:

A bit of a back story. I recently bought a version 1 connection new in box from an American eBay seller, the box was very discoloured and yellow. 

I took it out of box, pulled that tab, set it up etc. However a little while after it hatched I had the battery icon pop up (the battery had never been used since in sealed box with tab) so I opened up the back and switched batteries however a few hours later I had the same issue with a battery I knew wasn’t defective since it worked in my other tamas fine. The battery from the version 1 that I put in my other Tama works completely fine too.

I brought brand new batteries and put them in my version 1 however the next day I got the battery icon again. I can only conclude that no matter how many times I change the battery it is probably something wrong with the version 1 itself. 

Does anyone have any advise or knowledge they can share? I really hope it isn’t the case that it is defective, maybe due to age or another factor. 

Hello :wub:

A bit of a back story. I recently bought a version 1 connection new in box from an American eBay seller, the box was very discoloured and yellow. 

I took it out of box, pulled that tab, set it up etc. However a little while after it hatched I had the battery icon pop up (the battery had never been used since in sealed box with tab) so I opened up the back and switched batteries however a few hours later I had the same issue with a battery I knew wasn’t defective since it worked in my other tamas fine. The battery from the version 1 that I put in my other Tama works completely fine too.

I brought brand new batteries and put them in my version 1 however the next day I got the battery icon again. I can only conclude that no matter how many times I change the battery it is probably something wrong with the version 1 itself. 

Does anyone have any advise or knowledge they can share? I really hope it isn’t the case that it is defective, maybe due to age or another factor. 
What @Eggiweg suggested sounds like a good thing to try, if you say the box was yellow toned maybe it has been lying around for quit a long time so you should definitely check the contacts, in cases like this there could be even rust in there if they were storing it in a humid place, if it doesn't help try to contact the seller and see if maybe they can send a new one instead because this really sounds like a bummer..did you take pictures of the packing and all? 

What @Eggiweg suggested sounds like a good thing to try, if you say the box was yellow toned maybe it has been lying around for quit a long time so you should definitely check the contacts, in cases like this there could be even rust in there if they were storing it in a humid place, if it doesn't help try to contact the seller and see if maybe they can send a new one instead because this really sounds like a bummer..did you take pictures of the packing and all? 
Yes I’ve still kept the packaging for it (it’s a darker yellow than in the photos)

I've opened up the back to have a look but could not see any rust or any sign of ageing looks completely fine. 

I’ve got it running now and have tried @Eggiweg suggestion so hopefully that solves it. If not I guess it might just be defective. Sadly I think I got lucky finding a listing in box since the seller doesn’t appear to sell anymore tamas. 

5A5A9E79-7786-4ADF-A157-0AC0EBF9D85F.jpeg

31B044A1-D4B3-4F1A-9D37-C006B004505A.jpeg

Yes I’ve still kept the packaging for it (it’s a darker yellow than in the photos)

I've opened up the back to have a look but could not see any rust or any sign of ageing looks completely fine. 

I’ve got it running now and have tried @Eggiweg suggestion so hopefully that solves it. If not I guess it might just be defective. Sadly I think I got lucky finding a listing in box since the seller doesn’t appear to sell anymore tamas. 
oh wow the color of the plastic is so yellow compared to this- picture of the box when new
really must be pretty old i guess you are lucky to find one that still sells in the box :D  
i hope this issue is solved now, keep us updated tho im really curious to see if it helped.
btw do you have any tamas from the newer generation, like the tamagotchi ON?, if not you should definitely try them, they are adorable and you can also marry them and make mixed baby tamas :D  

oh wow the color of the plastic is so yellow compared to this- picture of the box when new
really must be pretty old i guess you are lucky to find one that still sells in the box :D  
i hope this issue is solved now, keep us updated tho im really curious to see if it helped.
btw do you have any tamas from the newer generation, like the tamagotchi ON?, if not you should definitely try them, they are adorable and you can also marry them and make mixed baby tamas :D  
It’s the third day since i started it again and so far so good. Usually on the second day I’d get the low battery screen pop up but currently no issues so hopefully it’s alright now. 

Not at the moment but after some research and reading quite a few posts on here I’m definitely interested so I might look into buying one soon maybe the tamagotchi on it meets I really like the shell designs ^_^

It’s the third day since i started it again and so far so good. Usually on the second day I’d get the low battery screen pop up but currently no issues so hopefully it’s alright now. 

Not at the moment but after some research and reading quite a few posts on here I’m definitely interested so I might look into buying one soon maybe the tamagotchi on it meets I really like the shell designs ^_^
I'm really glad to hear the battery is doing good :D
and about the tamagotchi meets\ON the designs are indeed adorable! 

Judging by the packaging you've got a wave 1 shell design. I've heard there were relatively frequent issues with the battery on early releases of the first wave (not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software issue), and its age might contribute to some of those issues, too. Hopefully the problems aren't consistent and now that your V1 seems to have survived a few days it continues to last longer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back