Scrungo

Angelgotchi is lagging, is this normal?

So I got my Angelgotchi a few days ago, and only just now got batteries for it. I'm using 327 batteries. It works, but its very slow compared to the ones I have. (The closest thing is the remake of the P1/P2 they made last year) If it helps this is a Japanese version, not an English version.

Thank you! :D 

• Like 1

Just to verify, do you not have any vintage models to compare it to? The Gen 1 and Gen 2 remakes run a lot snappier than the originals did.

• Like 1

Just now, Penguin-keeper said:

Just to verify, do you not have any vintage models to compare it to? The Gen 1 and Gen 2 remakes run a lot snappier than the originals did.

I don't sadly. The oldest model I have other than this Angelgotchi is a Connection V1, which is completely different.

If older models running slower than the remakes do is normal, then I wont pay it any mind. I've already gotten used to it honestly, I just wanted to make sure it was an internal problem or anything, ya feel me?

• Like 2

Can you get a video of it running? As Penguin-keeper said, the remakes are a little bit faster than the originals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eggiweg said:

Can you get a video of it running? As Penguin-keeper said, the remakes are a little bit faster than the originals.

I cant right now since its asleep, but I can try to get a video tomorrow when its awake!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Scrungo said:

I've already gotten used to it honestly, I just wanted to make sure it was an internal problem or anything, ya feel me?

Yep, I absolutely see where you're coming from. :) I look forward to seeing the video footage so that we can all figure this out once and for all.

@Eggiweg - I'd say that, depending on the microprocessor (for some reason, some vintage units are more responsive than others, so I assume that two different kinds were used back then) the originals are either a little bit slower, or are noticeably sluggish.

• Like 2

Alright, here it is; the long awaited video!

Sorry about the crappy quality its the best I'm able to do. :(  Let me know what you guys think!

• Like 2

Yeah, that's just normal for a vintage device imo. My angelgotch runs about the same speed. 

• Like 2

Yep, it looks totally normal to me, too - that's just what we had back then! :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Yep, it looks totally normal to me, too - that's just what we had back then! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Eggiweg said:

Yeah, that's just normal for a vintage device imo. My angelgotch runs about the same speed. 

Alright cool, just wanted to make sure I didn't get duped since im used to all these new ones! I guess I'm spoiled! :D

Thank you guys so much!!

Edited by Scrungo
  • Like 2