I’m Considering Starting Modeling...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

For about 6 or so months now, I’ve been really interested in modeling. My friend, Angela is one, and she tells me how she always meets new people and gets promoted by brands such as Nike and New LOOK and such, and honestly it sounds really cool!

I’ve read lots of articles about it, how some people say how that “Your child has to be confident” or “If standing still in a completely new atmosphere while everyone staring at you for 15 minutes is your thing,” and that sort of thing. Honestly though, I think that would be really neat to try!

My sister recently started a theatre club, and I have nothing to do now. I was thinking of maybe starting modelling to “cover it up” but I simply don’t know when and how to approach my Mum about it!

I'll be honest, modeling is the one thing that I usually am worried when young people, especially girls, get into. It's a really tough job and it comes with a lot of unfortunate side effects, like negative body image. Not to mention that a lot of modeling agencies that recruit young people are potentially dangerous.

Man, I'd wait on it.

It's not necessarily high-paying, and it gives a negative body image.
100% this. It's good to have a life goal but modelling is... really not a pretty job, especially for very young people. Better have an actual childhood and pre-aduldhood first. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back