Sign in to follow this  
ꌃꍏꌩꂦꍟꈤ_꓄ꍏꂵꍏꁅꂦ꓄ꉓꃅ

curious case of a mysterious screen

while i was browsing ebay, i noticed a tamagotchi mini but there was something on the screen(some type of animation)i haven't seen before.. :huh:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-tamagotchi-Mini-2004-2005-Pink-Working/193109311605?hash=item2cf6364075:g:rM0AAOSwMSddgfM7 (since i'm canadian i use ebay.ca)

if you look at the photo's, the screen has something on it I never seen before, idk if this is a secret character or a dummy animation.. can anyone explain this please?

another thing is an unusual color of a tamagotchi angel... bronze with silver wings?? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-Tamagotchi-Tenshitchi-Angelgotchi-1997-Virtual-Pet-Brand-New-Japan/174003103131?hash=item288364a59b:g:ErYAAOSwYVFdW3ul

Edited by Penguin-keeper
Merged multi-posting.

Not really sure about the tamagotchi mini since I never owned one hopefully someone who does might clarify it for you.

Regarding the tamagotchi angel, I’ve never seen a Japanese realease that has a brown shell! but keep in mind that they were made back in the 90’s, and with the old packaging/poor preservation the shell got discolored maybe? :huh:

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iTamannadi said:

Not really sure about the tamagotchi mini since I never owned one hopefully someone who does might clarify it for you.

Regarding the tamagotchi angel, I’ve never seen a Japanese realease that has a brown shell! but keep in mind that they were made back in the 90’s, and with the old packaging/poor preservation the shell got discolored maybe? :huh:

thanks and as far as i could tell(visually speaking)It didn't look discolored... Hmm.. Maybe its like old stock, idk. Hopefully someone clarifies.

Actually, I agree with iTamannadi. It's very common in older stuff to see discoloration due to UV light and bromine, a fire retardant used in many electronic devices of the early era - in fact, most vintage computers and consoles that came in beige or brown are usually discolored, with a yellowish-brown being most common with beige machines (the SNES in this lot, for instance.) Usually, retrobriting fixes this problem.

However, it could potentially be a rare color that never made it to the States, whether it was discontinued (a lot of systems were discontinued before they could make it to the States, although some like the NEC PC-6001 were released under different names and failed, and I bet the Angelgotchi could've been axed before the brown color could make it) or simply unpopular (like the PC-FX, Casio Loopy, or Nintendo 64DD, which were total failures in Japan and never got American releases as a result.)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Candythief
      Hello!
      I'm having that Devilgotchi for many yeas, it was stored in a drawer. Recently, I reactivated it and somehow it has some LCD like looking stains at the corners of the screen...
      Luckily these stains are very minimal and are not bothering much, but i still find it a bit sad. Does anybody know what could have caused these?
      Does anyone know how to fix it?  
      Thanks in advance.
        In the top left corner
    • By TamaDude7
      My Digimon has 3 missing vertical lines on the screen. I have opened it up and cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, but the lines are still there.

Any recommendations?
    • By QueenRita
      I'm looking for Tamagotchi's to buy and this particular listing is a V4.5. It has a crinkle in the screen? It's really confusing me... I'm concerned about it, and if it means anything or not.

I don't know if you can really see it from here, and I've been looking at this listing for days waiting for the seller to return from vacation so I could make an offer and I just noticed it. It's in the lower lefthand corner of the screen. What do you guys think that is?

Overview; I've been looking at this tamagotchi listing for a while and just noticed a crinkle in the screen. What is it and is it safe to purchase? Thanks!
    • By QueenRita
      Alright so, I'm not very good at telling things apart at first glance, especially not Mini's and Original P1/P2s. There's this listing on eBay, and I can't tell if it's a mini or a P1. It has the same shell as a few minis ive seen but I know that minis are based on the original tamagotchi's, so I'm not sure. Also, since they're photos on eBay, i can't physically discern the size of the listed tamagotchi vs a tamagotchi mini. This listing itself is probably a P1/P2, as it has 1997 on the back, but sometimes listings don't include photos of the back, so.

How can I tell the difference between a Tamagotchi P1/P2 and a Tamagotchi Mini?

I mainly ask because I want to know for future reference even though I can tell in this particular scenario so I don't have to worry too hard about it on a later date and can solve the mystery on my own. Does anyone know an effective way to tell P1/P2s apart from Mini's without using size?
    • By Knighttchi's Ballad
      Today, after being prompted by the success of restoring my V4's sound with duct tape, I decided to clean off the button contacts of my V3 which had becoming more and more unresponsive. To make a long story short, I cleaned of the contacts and the buttons themselves, let them dry, and screwed the whole thing back together, and was greeted by a third of the screen missing. I screamed. Although, my screams are more of a sudden, perhaps a single pitch upward, "no!". In the next few moments I panickedly worked on my V3, fixed it, and breathed a sigh of relief. It was completely reset but that was a small price to pay for a still working Tamagotchi. I was so relieved that I barely noticed how responsive the buttons were, the real reason I had decided to mess with it in the first place.

What fixed my V3's screen problems was simply turning the screws on the back of the circuit board the farthest they would go. As I encountered the same screen problems when I took apart my Angelgotchi - a story I may just one day recount - I've concluded this a general Tamagotchi reassembly principal. Thus, if any screen problems - be it faded pixels, blank screen sections, or a blinking low battery symbol - appear after taking apart a Tamagotchi, make sure that the screws on the circuit board are tightened the farthest they will go.

And as a little extra advice, make sure the reset button is in place and the screen is clean before finally screwing a Tamagotchi back together. :^)

• By Whitine
      Dear all !
      I'm new, and after long search I did'nt find my response.
      I bought an Agel Gotch in japanese version on blister and with the battery strip.
      Now, I play with for 1/2 month, and on my screen appear the word "BATT"
      This is a battery problem ? or something more serious ? :'(

Thank for your help !