curious case of a mysterious screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
while i was browsing ebay, i noticed a tamagotchi mini but there was something on the screen(some type of animation)i haven't seen before..  :huh:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-tamagotchi-Mini-2004-2005-Pink-Working/193109311605?hash=item2cf6364075:g:rM0AAOSwMSddgfM7 (since i'm canadian i use ebay.ca)

if you look at the photo's, the screen has something on it I never seen before, idk if this is a secret character or a dummy animation.. can anyone explain this please?

another thing is an unusual color of a tamagotchi angel... bronze with silver wings?? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-Tamagotchi-Tenshitchi-Angelgotchi-1997-Virtual-Pet-Brand-New-Japan/174003103131?hash=item288364a59b:g:ErYAAOSwYVFdW3ul

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure about the tamagotchi mini since I never owned one hopefully someone who does might clarify it for you.

Regarding the tamagotchi angel, I’ve never seen a Japanese realease that has a brown shell! but keep in mind that they were made back in the 90’s, and with the old packaging/poor preservation the shell got discolored maybe?  :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure about the tamagotchi mini since I never owned one hopefully someone who does might clarify it for you.

Regarding the tamagotchi angel, I’ve never seen a Japanese realease that has a brown shell! but keep in mind that they were made back in the 90’s, and with the old packaging/poor preservation the shell got discolored maybe?  :huh:
thanks and as far as i could tell(visually speaking)It didn't look discolored... Hmm.. Maybe its like old stock, idk. Hopefully someone clarifies.

Actually, I agree with iTamannadi. It's very common in older stuff to see discoloration due to UV light and bromine, a fire retardant used in many electronic devices of the early era - in fact, most vintage computers and consoles that came in beige or brown are usually discolored, with a yellowish-brown being most common with beige machines (the SNES in this lot, for instance.) Usually, retrobriting fixes this problem.

However, it could potentially be a rare color that never made it to the States, whether it was discontinued (a lot of systems were discontinued before they could make it to the States, although some like the NEC PC-6001 were released under different names and failed, and I bet the Angelgotchi could've been axed before the brown color could make it) or simply unpopular (like the PC-FX, Casio Loopy, or Nintendo 64DD, which were total failures in Japan and never got American releases as a result.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back