Not enjoying my P's :/

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorkfish04

Reaction score
I have been out of the tama world for a few years now, but always find myself coming back. I dug out my tamagotchi p's that I had bought and stored away, never having used it. But now that I've started it up, I am finding it more frustrating than enjoyable because I can't understand it. I have fruitlessly tried to find a way for me to personally do the english patch and have come up empty handed unfortunately. I have a tamagotchi-on, that should be shipping out any day to me now, but will be delayed due to the holidays, and then my 2 day holiday vacation from work is over. I've been trying to get my tama fix by playing the app from the app store, but that only does so much. I'm just afraid now that I am going to be left with a pile of tamas that I won't be using. I also ordered a green ID but now I'm very much regretting it.

Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well. This topic index for the P's will probably help you. Also, if you're having an issue not addressed in those topics, feel free to ask in the "Help for New Tamagotchi Owners" sub-forum. You'll find someone willing to help you :^) A trend with the newer Tamagotchis - including the On - is that they have a daycare function so that the tamagotchi can be looked after during the standard working hours, basically up till 5 p.m.. Also, if you set your tama's clock off a few hours, the daycare period can be extended even longer. Some people live with their tamas by setting their clocks back while others resort to keeping them quite with snacks, or setting the clock a few hours forward so that they go to sleep. Of course, just leaving the clock in set mode also works to pause them. Depending on what characters your aiming for, a tamagotchi can require very little attention to keep it alive.

You might actually like the ID since it's one of those versions that is simple enough to need no Japanese skills to understand it. There are some English labels used in the locations and the rest of them are straightforward enough to intuitively understand them (the park is the only inconvenience as it is partly useless without Japanese). For most of my Japanese tamas, I simply go through all of the options just to see what they are and then, through use, I eventually memorize what they all do. The ID uses the classic growth pattern where if you want a different character, just add or reduce care mistakes on the next generation. Another nice thing about the ID is that there are codes that can be inputted to get a wide variety of items (you can find it in the reference section).

Feel free to share any other problems you have in running a tama as perhaps there's a solution for them :^) There are allot of tama versions, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

I don't really have any help to your query but I have recently purchased an original 1997 tama, this is what I had when I was a child. Its obviously got me itching to try out a modern version but I just don't know which route to go down? I am in the UK and the ON hasn't been released here. I was thinking whether to have it shipped? or to look into a connection instead? Any advice would be great! I am doing my partners head in as I am now like a big child with all this haha. Pointed out its only like him buying games for his xbox 😂🙈... It all started with me getting the 1997 version to show my 9 year old what tech I had then but I feel a little obsession may start now 😂😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back