Tamagotchi on: a success?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naze77

Reaction score
Hello I am french person and I really hope bandai will release the tamagotchi on here. But I think it must be a success un the us, Canada and korea first. From here it's hard to estimate and find informations about the public reception in those countries. So what  do you think, did the on provoc the same engouement has the previous versions? Is it enough promoted by bandai?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to tell if I'm honest. Although it was released in Canada, I could not for the life of me find it anywhere in Newfoundland, so I'd guess it was more in the more populated Canadian regions like Ontario.

I personally adore the On. Especially how you can leave it at a Hotel or its parents' place to look after it when you're too busy. Great for school/work. Best part is it doesn't halt your progress so it still ages and grows on time!

Thank you for your replies. Let's wait and see. Really hope for the on in Europe plus tamagotchi on pastels, fantasy etc...

I think it's doing pretty well here in Los Angeles! It's very hard to find them in stock at suppliers like Barnes & Nobles + Urban Outfitters. I think their product placement was really well thought out. I hope they do well enough to be out worldwide soon!

I live in England, and obviously we haven't had a European release for the ON however my boyfriend bought me the pink fairy version for Christmas. I'd considered paying for shipping to get it myself and if I'd been able to afford it in the year I would have done, and definitely would have felt it was worth it personally. This is the first tamagotchi I've owned since the familitchi (V5?) and I love it so much. The only thing is you won't be able to get the app from your app store. I highly doubt we'll get a worldwide release unfortunately, I could be totally wrong but I'm hopeful it will as I'd really like to purchase another one.

I want a seconde one too. I bought the green magic. I grief to look how bandai released the other tamagotchis in the past and there is often some month between japan/us/european releases. So it could be normal. BUT the tamatown tamago never arrived in europe so...

I don't know if it's a good sign or not but on amazon the prices decrease slowly. I bought yesterday the pink fairy because, for a raeson or another, he was at 54.99 instead of 59.99 for the blue one . Today the blue drop at 51.99. Only the white exclusive remains at 59.99, and is now on the front page of the tama on amazon pages. (Before you have to search it as he wasn't referenced properly like the other colors)

Edit: the price for the blue is now 48.19 !!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's a good sign or not but on amazon the prices decrease slowly. I bought yesterday the pink fairy because, for a raeson or another, he was at 54.99 instead of 59.99 for the blue one . Today the blue drop at 51.99. Only the white exclusive remains at 59.99, and is now on the front page of the tama on amazon pages. (Before you have to search it as he wasn't referenced properly like the other colors)

Edit: the price for the blue is now 48.19 !!! 
Crazy!! I live in the US and I paid $59.99 for my Fairy blue tamagotchi On. I hope the prices decreasing isn’t bad. I really want the Tamagotchi Ons to do well, so that we get more content.

They dropped to 49.99 where i was for the holidays, couldn't keep them in stock, and it didnt help it was always low stock (they'd send like 4 of each color) to most of the stores. I cant find green or blue though in my town, only pink and purple.... They sell though, made a mom made when I grabbed on off the shelf LOL.

Thank you for these informations. I check the retailers online sites. EB games, urban outfitters and books a million are out of stock. Barnes and nobles out of stock for the blue and pink. And target for the blue. And they say the green is only available online  not in shop. Only amazon still got all the colors. Few months after the release, and most of all after christmas, it's really good! Let's hope they don't miss the occasion to create a Real app, with more stuff to do. This is the key to maintain the costumers attention on the device. And i hope they will not wait to release other versions before the tamagotchi craziness decrease as usual.

Mine (*cough* I mean my daughter’s) was a little under $40 from Target in Dec. On sale plus 20% off coupon then additional 5% Redcard discount. They seldom do deals like that unfortunately though!

Hello, any news about the situation now? Are tamagotchis still hard to find? Is it well visible in store? Is it popular among child?

I live in the northern US and I haven't been able to find any tamagotchis sold in any stores near me. The last I remember seeing a tamagotchi near me was when those nostalgia versions were released. Glad to hear they might be doing better in other parts of the country! 

I bought two actually and I live in Europe. 

Installing the companion with help of a proxy that's in US then follow usual clear Google play data and cache. Make sure that you have GPS installing before download. 

Manual fails to need to have GPS and Bluetooth enabled to use the app 

There are thousands of people online at times, often Japanese with their Sanrio Tamas. 

I'm running something for giggle factor and spread love  with my wagon twins

Did anyone in the us can tell us how the situation is now ? Still no announce for europe. 

It might be a while before anything “new” shows up unless it’s already made. (Pandemic) Keep your eyes open for used ones online, they are starting to show up for decent prices. Although, I believe the trade off is tariffs on packages? 

They seem to be bought often enough, but that price tag is probably more then people want to pay. (Which seems about the same with regular Japanese prices) It would be Bandai choice to continue elsewhere since right now, it’s like rolling dice. The smaller, original units seem to still be selling better due to price. 

I gave up on waiting for an Australian release, so I ordered one from ebay. Although it was quite on the expensive side 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back