Whimsical's ON log (first-timer tama log)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whimsical

Reaction score
8knbVCg.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but have admired the tama community from afar both here and on the facebook communities for some time. I thought it would be fun to document my experience with my first modern vpet, I hope you all won't mind! I don't really know too much about tamas, I haven't read the guides so everything is pretty new to me.

I have a modest collection of the retro tamas (two 1st gen and one angelgotchi,) and this christmas was gifted a tamagotchi ON by my partner. It's pretty crazy how much "stuff" there is to do and how good it all looks compared to the tamas from when I was a kid!

I hatched my tama a few days ago, so I'm starting my log from then and filling in as I go along. Sorry if I get names wrong for things. Please feel free to send me tips or let me know if you think I'm missing anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I put the batteries in not really knowing what to expect, it beeped before I could even get the battery plate back on, before I knew it I had an egg about to hatch on the screen!

UR10kdY.jpg

Eventually my first pet hatched. I wasn't given the option to name it so I'll just call it Bob. Bob is a white blob with two yellow heart-shaped things on it's body (head?)

PmY7RRS.jpg

Bob was pretty high maintenance at first! I kept feeding it and playing with it until it stopped moping around it's living room and started looking happy. At one point it got angry at me after I tried feeding it too much and immediately pooped in the corner. 10/10.

Eventually Bob got sick, I had to cure it two times before it got better. Thankfully curing doesn't appear to cost anything (it didn't in the older tamas either but since currency is apparently now a thing I didn't want to assume that there was universal healthcare in the tama universe). Bob got better and eventually seemed to quieten down. 

1Z8vyDr.jpg

After a short while Bob evolved into a ballerina marshmallow with a princess leia hairdo and a pink bow. At this point i'm thinking Bob is potentially a girl so Bob is now short for Bobbarina.

Bobbarina is much more chill than her baby stage, to the point that she doesn't need very much at all. I checked out the department store and games (and sucked at them.) I won some money and bought an art canvas. 

Now bear in mind this is taking place over the holidays and I have family/friends over so I may have neglected my tama a bit - I still checked up on bob from time to time who eventually went to bed, but I'm not sure if I missed anything because I got into the christmas wine at some point during the evening lmao. 

giphy.gif

Feeling like a deadbeat mom I checked in on my tama the next morning and found she had evolved again, this time into a pink duckface blob with wirey hair.

1g4zcEs.jpg

I think she's mad at me for neglecting her for the night which is why she copied the couch's look. Bad influence.

I was determined to make it up to Bob, so I spent some time making sure she was fed with nice food from the restaurant (is there such a thing as good and bad food? Is feeding her nothing but pancakes and rice bad? lol) and playing the dolphin game which is rigged as hell. Eventually I let Bob go outside and was greeted by a purple dog thing that now apparently lives with my tama. I named it sponge.

NtPfwA2.jpg

Sponge and bob (I swear to god that was not intentional) seem very happy and it's cute to see them playing outside. 

Bob went to sleep that night with her meters filled and no poop on the ground, so I consider myself redeemed as a parent.

The next day I go to check on Sponge to find we have another dog thing visiting. The game gives me the option to marry it - i'm confused as I didn't know dogs could get married. A few seconds later an egg appears - these little guys get down to it fast apparently.

7RS6s36.jpg

The egg is replaced by a blue dog that looks like a cross between sponge and his/her friend, although sponge is nowhere to be seen. That was a short-lived companionship! I assume sponge eloped and left me and bob with the baby. Bob doesn't seem too concerned or hasn't noticed. I named the new pet sponge jr.

AaoXHHh.jpg

Not much else has gone on. Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of bob!

Hi Deru-sama and Penguin-keeper, glad you enjoyed!

It's morning so I thought I'd fill you in on some developments from last night. 

Bob bleeped at some point, letting me know she was evolving. This kind of surprised me because she'd done nothing all evening except eat and poop, so it made for a nice change.

5pussAa.jpg

dSc6BN6.jpg

Bob is now a cotton wool rabbit with pink jewellery and long eyelashes. She also has clothes - I didn't know tamagotchi characters did. I'm sure she'll still poop on the floor, fashion conscious or not. 

I was shown this screen - who are these other guys? Bob's parents from the old country? I hope they're not planning on moving in too. 

297ZXgd.jpg

Despite everything, Bob seems upset. I know how she feels, one minute you're a pink blob with a duckface, next thing you know you're a rabbit.

2hInlOs.jpg

I fed her a rice bowl, that always seems to make her happy.

AYumSpO.jpg

...but rather than scarfing it down as usual, bob instead floats in the air dramatically while crying.

vKtxy4a.jpg

Pancakes seem to be fine for Bob's apparently more refined palette, which she seems to enjoy so much that she explodes into a ring of hearts and then proceeds to dance on the table. 

JaFiUKI.jpg

DF1u1yR.jpg

We go home and check on sponge jr, who has apparently caught the attention of a local crab.

gHX7Oex.jpg

At this point, I know the drill. Sponge jr. has to sow his wild oats, and crab was apparently in the right place at the right time. Bob looks on, unfazed by this miracle of life. Well, at least the baby is cute.

N44vxlc.jpg

weq6Zvf.jpg

CnBGVa8.jpg

...oh.

ufsXQSX.jpg

Bob seems unconvinced. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the same crab that got lucky with sponge jr. and just decided to move in. Nobody is believing your charade, Mr. Krabs.

Bob finally goes to bed. It has been a confusing day. Growing up isn't easy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Sv4uW7e.jpg

The day begins with sadness. Bob is overcome with ennui. 

gRvNTkZ.jpg

ZxTuEna.jpg

Surfing and pancakes do little to lift Bob's mood. She really is a diva.

I decide to try this new-fangled smartphone app thingy, which I eventually manage to download and run (apparently it's not available within my country, thankfully there was a .apk online I could use,) and finally Bob is whizzing her way to the plaza.

Well, this is nice! Very festive. Bobs there, Mr.Krabs is there, even Santa is there!

J5p7Mek.jpg

I'm not really sure what i'm doing here, I check out the other cute characters walking around and play the game where you catch falling stuff. Santa even gave bob some hot cocoa! What a generous guy.

I decide to go to the tamaparty... who doesn't love a party?

Cdxxn7C.jpg

Hey, there are dudes here? That's cool I guess. Wait... tamaparty... tama love party??

Is this... speed dating?

lAjGEbD.jpg

Oh my god, santa is getting in on this??

rGPVKDf.jpg

What have I gotten poor innocent bob into? She's only 3 days old!

lMzbsz4.jpg

AHHH NOOO

kAliyoI.jpg

If bob thinks santa is gonna be her sugar daddy she's got another thing coming. She really is high maintenance. Look at the nice guys she rejected! 

The app asks me if I'm ok with the two of them marrying. What would bob's poor parents in the old country think? Not today, santa.

I take bob back out of the app. She seems a lot happier, but perhaps she's wondering about what could have been. Nevermind love, at least you have Mr. Krabs.

Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of bob!

Love the log! I got mine for Christmas too! My first one died 🥺😭😢 just this morning, and now I’m determined to have my second one last longer. Anyways, enough about me 😆, I hope you keep doing the log!

Oh no Owen! I'm sorry to hear your pet died ;_; I hope your new pet lasts a long time. Thank you, I hope you enjoy it!

Oh no Owen! I'm sorry to hear your pet died ;_; I hope your new pet lasts a long time. Thank you, I hope you enjoy it!
Yeah, I also hope this one lasts, I have spent hours of research on the tamagotchi ON to make sure I do it all right xD. So far your log has been really funny so I can’t wait to hear more about Bob and Sponge Jr.

Thanks MushiShi and Bossalyn! I hope you keep enjoying it!

I've been away in another city for the past few days, but that didn't stop me taking a picture every time my tama did something. My friends at the new year's party "don't get it" and think "tamagotchis should have died with the 90's" but that's why digital pets are better than real friends and I am slowly replacing them. Anyway.

The day began with Mr. Krabs knocking boots with a friendly neighbourhood squirrel, resulting in a blue squirrel that somehow still has sponge's face. I named this new abomination Sally. Bob has clearly had no comprehension of what has been occurring this whole time with these random animals turning up and reproducing in her front yard.

9Zh1ODt.jpg

POpuzfp.jpg

At some point for some reason the character at the restaurant that feeds Bob's pancake habit on a daily basis turned up and sucked her into a David Lynch-esque hellworld of carbohydrates.

BGWTJhP.jpg

sQeo9WI.jpg

This turned out to be food town, a place where you can always rely on the sage advise of the local population

yTdoej1.jpg

Bob has about 2 brain cells to rub together, because later when a random apple car pulled up she did what any sensible young person would do and hopped right in.

wIN6fyl.jpg

kn8DjcB.jpg

This is tama farm, where Bob is forced to work in the fields for no pay. This is what graduate recruiters call an "internship."

icSwwj9.jpg

Here's a nice random photo of somewhere I went out for a walk on my trip.

uZ5tZzr.jpg

Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of Bob!

I regret to inform you that Bob is no more.

I took her back to the tama party. I felt bad that she might have had chemistry with santa, and that I snatched it away from her.

This time however, Bob has a doppelganger, and they were both eyeing up the only cute bachelor available, mr. unicorn.

QY5sLy5.jpg

It was love at first sight for Bob and mr. unicorn. Bob's doppelganger (nega-bob), didn't stand a chance as she was saddled with green cowlick duckface.

4E5DRrV.jpg

Bob wasted no time getting that ring on her finger. It was a match made in heaven.

aAh9LBn.jpg

..and then, the inevitable; bob became a teen mom. 

cGW9WrH.jpg

I named the offspring Ding Dong, which apparently retroactively renames the previous generations as well, so may I present the dingdongtchi family.

87tOMR0.jpg

Bob proved to be an attentive mother to young ding dong, even though mr. unicorn apparently isn't around. Hope he's mailing those cheques.

cLnUZON.jpg

...and before long, ding dong had grown up into a round onesie-wearing unicorn thing. 

wMrFe4R.jpg

Ding dong was clearly as vacant as his mother, with an expression that says "I went out to lunch about 3 weeks ago and still haven't come back." Speaking of not coming back, both Bob and mr. unicorn are apparently done raising ding dong, leaving the task to me.

eN2bIVW.jpg

..however it's not all bad. Ding dong is already making friends with some snowman characters.

u6TnZrZ.jpg

...and while parents may come and go, man's best friend is ever faithful. Sponge, bob's first pet, has returned to become ding dong's companion!

xPviBCi.jpg

Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of bob ding dong!

I was travelling when ding dong evolved into a teen, and pretty much didn't get any pics of him at that stage except this. I like him, he's a cute pink baby unicorn dude.

Wlc7vYk.jpg

znm2Rrk.jpg

...who eventually grew up into a blue unicorn dude wearing his mom's dress.

Rat2GHB.jpg

I decided to spend some of the cash i'd been saving on a cute room upgrade. I thought I might as well go mental with the pastel pink and blue room since ding dong is embracing his feminine side.

9YFC5wc.jpg

However, that creepy japanese new year thing is still there, always watching...

5nWSv7N.jpg

I'm pleased to say that sponge the stud is still up to his old tricks

MBDvaK8.jpg

bYAsv4g.jpg

I can't think of any better name for this orange squirrel thing than conker.

At some point a floating haunted teddybear informed ding dong that toyland was now open!

aJGNF3w.jpg

There ding dong met the lovely pink hat girl. I quite like her. Ding dong may just be taking fashion notes.

6qGchau.jpg

Later, ding dong aims to impress with his athletic ability

o6efJbz.jpg

"ok"

0x1xjTp.jpg

Will ding dong ever perfect his trampoline technique? How long will conker be loyal? And when will the japanese new year thing reveal his diabolical plan? Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of ding dong!

I was shown this screen - who are these other guys? Bob's parents from the old country? I hope they're not planning on moving in too. 

Despite everything, Bob seems upset. I know how she feels, one minute you're a pink blob with a duckface, next thing you know you're a rabbit.
Theses Guys Are Your Tamagotchi´sDad! Since He/She is a Lovelitchi!

And Also She´s a Lovelitchi!

Thank you Leogames2012, I'm slowly learning about the tamagotchi!

Not much to report. Ding dong is green, (fed him a lot of cabbage,) and sally has been replaced by a red fish I call Hootie (this happened while I wasn't looking I guess? I didn't know pets could marry without permission.) Although to be fair I was carrying around my tama in my bag so some buttons may have gotten pressed like that.

NrRtxGj.jpg

I think I may let ding dong try to find a lady love soon.

Edit: also this has been driving me crazy, is it just me or does the music in the tama app sound just like the music box house from majora's mask??

Finding a nice girl for ding dong wasn't easy. I took to proposing to random characters in the app, the first three of whom rejected poor ding dong probably on account of his cabbage-like hue and questionable fashion sense. It's not easy being green.

InjKPwI.jpg

Gi3Jf0F.jpg

"anata to kekkon dekinaiyo" (I can't marry you.)

Eventually we came across a tama who would have him,

opC78A4.jpg

"nakayoku shiite hoshii no" (I want us to get along)

Soon Ding dong was looking forward to being a proud father

Nslrazh.jpg

Welcome jojo!

DueopzE.jpg

I didn't realise that ding dong's greenness would persist into the family tree. 😕 does that mean his colour can be expressed in his offspring?

AdUI0qQ.jpg

Jojo soon became a marshmallow ballerina like her grandmother, bob, with green and gold head accessories. Her pet is also a fish, but unlike ding dong's Hootie, this fish isn't just stupid, it's completely vacant real estate in the brain department. I have named it "doink." I don't expect it to last long.

OtzmMxB.jpg

Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of jojo!

What would've been cooler is if you could change the music (at least with some limitations). Mine would be Magia from Madoka Magica, instrumental:

Latest posts

Back