Anyone else have a Tamagotchi ON with a dim screen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Save_Tamagotchis

Reaction score
I have two ON's active, a green magic which I got back in the June and a pink fairy I got for Christmas.

I keep both with the screen brightness at the lowest setting to conserve battery. But my fairy ON's screen is lightly brighter then my magic's.

At first I thought it was the color contrast (the fairy being pink with white designs and the magic being green with black) or maybe the brightness wasn't turned down all the way on my fairy.

But after checking that the brightness is at the lowest setting for both, then covering both until only the screens were showing to avoid the coloring from any distortion their colors might be doing, and setting them both on the contract setting screen to avoid their wallpapers from affecting my ability to tell as well. I've found that yes my fairy's screen is brighter.

I don't know if this is a early indication that the batteries are getting low before they die or if maybe this is something with my magic ON like a defect. Has anyone with more then one ON experienced this where one or more of their ON's screens are brighter then the others?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't experienced this with a Tamagotchi, but I do know that this happens with other electronics that're of the same model as each other, too. It's usually due to manufacturers using multiple different suppliers for displays, leading to minor variations between units that most people won't ever notice - and which enthusiasts will inevitably notice! :lol:

I haven't experienced this with a Tamagotchi, but I do know that this happens with other electronics that're of the same model as each other, too. It's usually due to manufacturers using multiple different suppliers for displays, leading to minor variations between units that most people won't ever notice - and which enthusiasts will inevitably notice! :lol:
I don't think its me being a Tama enthisuist that I noticed it. More like I'm a stickler for details and I notice this about anything really. 27 years of playing video games have trained me to be sensitive to color.

You could take a screen colored completely light gray and make one pixel just barely a lighter or darker shade and I'd zero in on it the second I look at it.

If something is wrong with my green magical at least my sister got in a purple magical for Christmas along with the pink fairy one.

I don't think its me being a Tama enthisuist that I noticed it. More like I'm a stickler for details and I notice this about anything really. 27 years of playing video games have trained me to be sensitive to color.
Hehe, I just meant enthusiasts in the more general sense, there - this tells me that you most definitely meet the criteria that I was referring to. :)

If something is wrong with my green magical
I really don't think that there's anything wrong. It honestly sounds just like when the DS Lite was released, and people were comparing the two or three display variants that those machines had, which were warmer or cooler than each other, colours-wise. It looked really stark in photographs, but most ordinary people never even knew about it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back