Randomly found and bought a metal Tamagotchi keychain today

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
I stumbled across this in a branch of TK Maxx (the UK version of TJ Maxx) today, and I couldn't resist picking it up;

y4nuiJ0.jpg

It's an officially-licensed metal and enamel keychain, featuring a nostalgic element of the original toys that we enthusiasts sometimes bemoan ("Oh no, they only remember the Tamagotchi as a toy that poops and dies!"), albeit humourously framed. ;) I'm pretty happy with this find because it was the only one that they had left and it had been reduced in price to £1.70! (A quick check online tells me that they originally retailed for £7.99, which, even though this is a really nice and surprisingly big keychain, I feel is a little high.)

These were made by the UK giftwares company Paladone. Their goods are sometimes sold in North America too, so this is just a quick heads-up to let anyone who might be interested know that these are out there, presumably now discounted after the pre-Christmas impulse-buy period for items like this has come and gone.

Interestingly, even though this is a British product, it doesn't use the angel death-screen from the original Western localised version of the toys, instead opting for the gravestone from the Japanese versions (though without Obaketchi). I'm sure that some people will swear blind that they remember it being this way originally, as a result. :p But it's still a nice-looking little piece of merchandise, and I certainly can't argue with the price!

No way! My friend gave me that exact keychain from Tk Maxx, too! She said that she couldn’t resist buying it for me! 🥺 But I do have to say, it seems very cheap. It’s already gotten a load of scratches, and I can’t help think it’s been manufactured this way.

Hah, awesome! :D I'm glad that someone else here was able to get one, too!

Anyway, I think that scratches are kind of an occupational hazard for keychains, really. :lol: I'll just be wearing this one on a lanyard or occasionally putting it on my bag, so hopefully it'll be fine over time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back