If an American animation studio acquired the rights to make a CGI Tamagotchi movie, who should it be?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If an American animation studio acquired the rights to make a CGI Tamagotchi movie, who should it be

• Walt Disney Animation Studios

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Pixar Animation Studios

• Blue Sky Studios

• Paramount Animation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WAG (Warner Animation Group)

• Illumination

• DreamWorks Animation

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Sony Pictures Animation

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Laika

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Comment)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is an interesting question!

I've voted for Illumination. I don't feel that they're a spectacular studio, as they tend to play it very safe most if not all of the time, but their films are always solid, and they feel like they're the most in-touch with modern families at this time. That feels to me like a good fit for working with a well-established brand, where excessive risk-taking might not be a good idea. :p

I've voted for Illumination. I don't feel that they're a spectacular studio, as they tend to play it very safe most if not all of the time, but their films are always solid, and they feel like they're the most in-touch with modern families at this time. That feels to me like a good fit for working with a well-established brand, where excessive risk-taking might not be a good idea. :p

I respect your opinion.

I'm not too fond of Illumination either. Everything Despicable Me that isn't Minion-related is the most enjoyment I get out of them. The Secret Life of Pets felt too similar to Toy Story, same deal with Sing and Cat's Don't Dance/The Muppets (2011). Their biggest sin is treating their adaptions of The Lorax and The Grinch no better than their other films, which makes me very nervous about them handling Super Mario. However, the fact that Miyamoto's co-producer heavily implies that Nintendo has a good deal of creative control, so their Super Mario film should be above-average at worst and their equivalent to The Peanuts Movie and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (quality movies based on well-established brands from studios with an otherwise questionable filmography) at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

I almost chose illumination as well even though I'm not particularly a fan of any of their movies. In the end I went with DreamWorks mainly because I think their animation style would suit Tamagotchi and the characters best. I think more of the lines of the animation style of Up! The large, dramatic facial features would suit Tamagotchi's best in my opinion!

Great poll! I'm interested to see the results in a couple days!

I almost chose illumination as well even though I'm not particularly a fan of any of their movies. In the end I went with DreamWorks mainly because I think their animation style would suit Tamagotchi and the characters best. I think more of the lines of the animation style of Up! The large, dramatic facial features would suit Tamagotchi's best in my opinion!

Great poll! I'm interested to see the results in a couple days!
Plus DreamWorks has How To Train Your Dragon. That alone proves them worthy of adapting anything.

Agh, it's hard to vote! I went with DreamWorks, because they're a solid company that's made several MASTERPIECES, and rarely had any duds. I could say the exact same about Disney, and I almost voted it, but I kind of just said to myself "just pick one!" I'm not a very decisive person. I'm already changing my mind again  :D

I think a CGI animated Tamagotchi film would be a rather interesting idea...

Agh, it's hard to vote! I went with DreamWorks, because they're a solid company that's made several MASTERPIECES, and rarely had any duds.
DreamWorks is run by Illumination, these days, if memory serves. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is a tough because I love OG pixar due to how fluid their animations are and how thought out they are (the world, story, etc.) plus of the experience in the field, but illumination has something going for them right now as they're whimsical and fresh. Although what makes me lean back to Pixar in the end is the experience and I could actually see Disney grabbing those rights pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back