Maria&Co.

How to change or influence which family group a child evolves into on the V4?

Hi again! Thanks for letting me help!

I actually decided to start two of my Version 4s for the research, so we can double the workload! I hatched the first one from an egg and named the baby boy "Mewtw", short for "Mewtwo" (Get it, because he's a test subject :P). My first order of business was to see how first-generation Baby/Child evolutions worked. I took very good care of the baby and it evolved into a Harutchi. So this may have been care-based, or it was just a random result. Perhaps I can do more testing of first-generation Baby/Child evolution sometime later.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Me getting Harutchi was actually quite convenient. I decided to follow up on your recent research and give it two care mistakes (though with good training) to see if this gets a Mame or a Meme teen with no genetics involved. I'll update you on the details when Mewtwo evolves!

With my second Version 4, I decided to download the previous data so I could also do some research with some family background. I found a 7 year-old Masktchi named Gina, which was also convenient because she would be eligible for the Matchmaker soon. Half an hour later, I married her to a Tosakatchi and she got a baby girl. This can give me multiple things to investigate when Gina leaves; firstly, if the baby got Meme genes from the Tosakatchi, and secondly do more testing on Child/Teen evolutions.

spacer.png

I will be away over the weekend, so I probably won't be able to report on this for a few days. But I'll be back eventually!

• Like 4

I'm glad to have you aboard the project, @Hohotchi-HO7! I love the name Mewtwo for a test subject.^_^

I just wanted to update on Guava really quick. She got married to a Minotchi because I would like to try for another Mizutamatchi. She might be leaving her baby tomorrow (definitely on Monday), so I'll update then. 

• Like 4

Guava left her baby boy (Spyro) early this morning and he evolved into a Mizutamatchi! My plan is to give him five care misses total (3 from hunger and 2 from happiness) and to miss a training call (so he should have 3 training bars total). Hopefully this will result in a Kuchi teen especially since his dad should be passing his Kuchi genes.

Meme [Memetchi (fashion)] + Kuchi [Minotchi (intelligence)]= Mizutamatchi

• Like 3

I hope that works! It's possible that Guava evolved into a Meme teen because she didn't have any Kuchi genes (or any genes at all for that matter :P). Don't be discouraged if you get Obotchi, there's always next time :)

One thing I'm curious about is whether or not missed discipline calls actually count as a Care Mistake; they definitely don't on the V4.5, but I'm not entirely sure whether they do or not on the V2 and V4... Based on my experience, I think sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, but I'm really not sure...I guess I'm being kind of vague here. :huh: Next generation, I'll have to try missing one discipline call BUT otherwise take perfect care.

• Like 3

Hi again! I had to have most of my Tamas on pause over the weekend, but today Mewtwo finally evolved, and into a Young Mametchi no less! I was quite surprised because I gave him at least two care mistakes (possibly three) and so I thought he might drop to Young Androtchi or a Meme teen. I attempted the two care mistakes by dropping the Happiness to zero twice (with the aid of the mail system) and waiting for the Attention icon to wear off. However, Mewtwo actually got sick the first time before I noticed the Attention icon go away. So I'm not sure if the sickness actually created a separate, third care mistake or not - do you two know at all? Anyway, Young Mametchi did surprise me a bit, but perhaps evolutions in the first generation are different. I think I'll evolve Mewtwo into a Mametchi and see what I do from there.

At the same time, Gina the Masktchi left her baby, enabling me to begin another experiment. I named the baby girl Amber (If you know the Japanese version of the first Pokemon movie, the Mewtwo created by Dr. Fuji had a human friend named Ambertwo who was a clone of Dr. Fuji's real daughter, so it continues the whole "test subject" name theme), and raised her the same way as Mewtwo. Just then, Amber evolved into a Puchitchi, which I think corroborates the claim that genes can influence Child stage evolution, even from the parent's partner (which was a Tosakatchi). With Amber, I'll give her one care mistake and see if this evolves her into a Ringotchi (as suggested earlier in this thread).

I'll update again in a day or so when Amber evolves!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hohotchi-HO7 said:

Hi again! I had to have most of my Tamas on pause over the weekend, but today Mewtwo finally evolved, and into a Young Mametchi no less! I was quite surprised because I gave him at least two care mistakes (possibly three) and so I thought he might drop to Young Androtchi or a Meme teen. I attempted the two care mistakes by dropping the Happiness to zero twice (with the aid of the mail system) and waiting for the Attention icon to wear off. Anyway, Young Mametchi did surprise me a bit, but perhaps evolutions in the first generation are different. I think I'll evolve Mewtwo into a Mametchi and see what I do from there.

That's an interesting discovery! Based on this, I have two theories: Harutchi either evolves into the Meme family with very bad care, or it simply can't evolve into the Meme family on the first generation. I think my second theory may be correct, as it also seems to be true of MizuTamatchi with the Kuchi family. But it's hard to say.

I currently have a Mametchi and an Androtchi. I'll try having one of them marry another Mame adult through the matchmaker to see if I get Harutchi; then I can try two or three care mistakes to see if my second theory is correct or not.

Next time I get Tamatchi on the Version 4.5, I'll have to try the same (strangely with Tamatchi, I've only seen her evolve into the Meme family on the first generation :P).

2 hours ago, Hohotchi-HO7 said:

However, Mewtwo actually got sick the first time before I noticed the Attention icon go away. So I'm not sure if the sickness actually created a separate, third care mistake or not - do you two know at all?

It's fairly normal for a Tama to get sick when a care mistake accumulates. I think it only counts as a care mistake if the sickness is left uncured for an extended period of time, though I haven't been able to test that yet as I always worry it would die before then.

Anyway, good luck with Amber! Based on my own experience, Puchitchi normally evolves into Young Androtchi and Ringotchi with either one or no care mistakes.

• Like 4

Spyro did not evolve into a Kuchi teen. He instead evolved into Hinotamatchi, the worst care Meme teen. There was a point after I obtained four care misses (three from hunger, one from happiness) that I had to reset/download Spyro because he started dying. He was sent back to before his fourth care mistake, so I had to make up for that. I did eventually get to five care mistakes and a missed training call. Do you think that the reset/download is what threw off my results?

• Like 2

Possibly? Just to be clear, how many care mistakes did you miss after resetting? Pressing the reset button will reverse all care mistakes accumulated on that day. Whatever the case, pressing the reset button on the V4 definitely seems to have an impact on evolution (remembering Jacob the MizuTamatchi from several weeks ago...).

On the other hand, I wonder if I was just really lucky to have Debbi the MizuTamatchi evolve into a Kuchi teen? It's entirely possible evolution really is more random than I thought... Next time I get MizuTamatchi, I'm going to try what I did with Debbi again to see if it works once more. I was going to have Cal the Androtchi marry a Kuchi adult to get MohiTamatchi, but now I think I'll have him marry a Meme adult to get MizuTamatchi.

EDIT: It just occurred to me...maybe MizuTamatchi requires an even number of care mistakes to evolve into the Kuchi teens, like how on the V4.5, KuchiTamatchi requires an odd number of care mistakes to evolve into the Kuchi teens? Just a theory...

Edited by Maria&Co.
Something just occurred to me...
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Maria&Co. said:

Possibly? Just to be clear, how many care mistakes did you miss after resetting? Pressing the reset button will reverse all care mistakes accumulated on that day. Whatever the case, pressing the reset button on the V4 definitely seems to have an impact on evolution (remembering Jacob the MizuTamatchi from several weeks ago...).

I had gotten three of the care mistakes the day before. I then got a fourth one at around 10AM and then he almost died after getting his fifth at around 11AM (I assume he got his fifth anyway because he would have had to in order to die). When I reset him, he was sent back to 9AM. I made up those two care mistakes afterwards, but I think the damage was already done.

It just occurred to me...maybe MizuTamatchi requires an even number of care mistakes to evolve into the Kuchi teens, like how on the V4.5, KuchiTamatchi requires an odd number of care mistakes to evolve into the Kuchi teens? Just a theory...

That's definitely a possibility! It would make sense considering that Debbi evolved into a Kuchi teen under those conditions. Maybe an even number of care mistakes along with a low training bar is what's needed for a Kuchi adult from Mizutamatchi? That and not pressing the reset button...:P I'll be sure to try this in my next gen as well.^_^

• Like 3

It seems that a lot of strange things are going on lately! I have something a little strange to report too - last night, Amber evolved into a Young Memetchi with just one care mistake! It makes me wonder whether teen evolutions really do have more randomness or genetics involved than we thought. What I think I'll do is marry Amber and Mewtwo when they're adults so that both their babies will have Mame and Meme genes - it will be interesting to see where they go from there.

It seems that the only true way to see the extent of randomness and genetics in these evolutions is to do repeated testing under the same conditions (both Child characters and care mistakes). If the result differs each time, then we'll know for sure that there are other factors at play other than care mistakes. Much like a scientific experiment - continued repeats of a given experiment are used to more accurately validate or disprove a theory, after all. So while it's important to test new possibilities, it's also good to sometimes make repeats of past experiments whenever possible. And I'm glad that this balance is already happening, so let's keep up the good work!

I also have an idea - Do you think it's viable if I took some time to compile all the information we found so far into a spreadsheet? That way we can more easily reference what we've already tested without having to dig through this thread aimlessly. Perhaps I can also record certain theories that we more or less prove to be "certain" (If one arises, that is :P).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hohotchi-HO7 said:

It seems that a lot of strange things are going on lately! I have something a little strange to report too - last night, Amber evolved into a Young Memetchi with just one care mistake! It makes me wonder whether teen evolutions really do have more randomness or genetics involved than we thought.

Hmm...I might have just been really lucky to have Puchitchi evolve into the Mame family most of the time. I believe I've had Puchitchi evolve into Gourmetchi and Young Memetchi with barely under perfect care, though, so it's very possible it's more random than I thought. It definitely seems to always evolve into Young Androtchi and Ringotchi with no care mistakes and good overall care, though.

I checked my growth log I've been keeping since Spring of 2017, and based on the data I've collected since then, Puchitchi's evolution may or may not be influenced by genetics. Every time it evolved into the Meme teens, one or both of the parents were Meme adults, but I've seen it evolve into the Mame teens even if neither of its parents was a Mame adult (and, in fact, sometimes both of the parents were Meme adults). I suspect it's more random than anything. But I have a feeling that filling the happy hearts when they drop too low, but before the Tama makes an attention call, may have a part in it, because that alone has gotten me the "bad care" teens from the other three children on many occasions.

16 minutes ago, Hohotchi-HO7 said:

It seems that the only true way to see the extent of randomness and genetics in these evolutions is to do repeated testing under the same conditions (both Child characters and care mistakes). If the result differs each time, then we'll know for sure that there are other factors at play other than care mistakes. Much like a scientific experiment - continued repeats of a given experiment are used to more accurately validate or disprove a theory, after all. So while it's important to test new possibilities, it's also good to sometimes make repeats of past experiments whenever possible. And I'm glad that this balance is already happening, so let's keep up the good work!

Absolutely! I've been trying different theories recently, but I also try to test theories I've already tested from time to time, to see if they're definite or random.

41 minutes ago, Hohotchi-HO7 said:

I also have an idea - Do you think it's viable if I took some time to compile all the information we found so far into a spreadsheet? That way we can more easily reference what we've already tested without having to dig through this thread aimlessly. Perhaps I can also record certain theories that we more or less prove to be "certain" (If one arises, that is :P).

I think compiling a spreadsheet based on information we've collected thus far would be a good idea!

While not quite the same thing, I've been keeping a graph of all the child-to-teen evolutions I've seen since I've logged my Tamas' growths. If you're interested, here it is...

Z1HkXDg.png

I just noticed I forgot to note the teens I've had the children evolve into most often, so...

Harutchi: Young Mametchi and Ringotchi
Puchitchi: Ringotchi and Young Androtchi
MizuTamatchi: Gourmetchi and Ichigotchi
MohiTamatchi: Young Kuchipatchi, HinoTamatchi, and Young Dorotchi

I didn't provide any specifics in this chart, so I'll write them here instead (please note that this is my own experience, so it may or may not be in line with anyone else's):

HARUTCHI
Evolves into Young Mametchi (and most likely Young Mimitchi) with 0-4 care mistakes.
Evolves into Ringotchi (and most likely Young Androtchi) if its happy hearts drop to 1 heart at any point, but are filled before it makes an attention call.

PUCHITCHI
Evolves into Young Androtchi and Ringotchi with perfect care.
Might evolve into Gourmetchi and Young Memetchi with very good, but not quite perfect, care. I'll have to try this next time I get Puchitchi.
I don't know the requirements for it to evolve into HinoTamatchi and Ichigotchi. I didn't write any specifics the one time I've had Puchitchi evolve into Ichigotchi.

MIZUTAMATCHI
Evolves into Gourmetchi and Young Memetchi with 0-1 care mistakes.
Evolves into HinoTamatchi and Ichigotchi with around 2 or more care mistakes (I'm estimating, I don't know the exact minimum required amount of care mistakes; the least I've obtained them with is 3). It can also evolve into them under the same circumstances Harutchi evolves into Ringotchi and (likely) Young Androtchi.
May evolve into Young Dorotchi and Young Kuchipatchi with 4 care mistakes, and possibly one missed training call in addition. I'll have to try this again, next time I get MizuTamatchi.

MOHITAMATCHI
Evolves into Young Kuchipatchi and Young Dorotchi with 0-4 care mistakes.
Evolves into HinoTamatchi and Ichigotchi under the same circumstances Harutchi evolves into Ringotchi and (likely) Young Androtchi.

Obviously, I still have quite a bit of information to gather. It takes some time, but I try the best I can!

I've also obtained Oniontchi once and possibly obtained Young Mimitchi once or twice, but not since I've logged my Tamas' growths.

Cal the Androtchi from my log married Violetchi through the matchmaker today, and had a girl. She should evolve into either MohiTamatchi or MizuTamatchi, if my previous experience with marrying a Mame adult to a Meme adult is any indication. If she evolves into the former, I'll try five care mistakes to try for Nikatchi (the only Kuchi teen I've never obtained before). If she evolves into the latter, I'll try four care mistakes and a missed training call to see if she evolves into Ichigotchi or Young Dorotchi.

Jim the Mametchi married Mimitchi through the matchmaker today and had a girl, and I'm positive his child will evolve into Harutchi. I really want to get Young Mimitchi, though, so I'm not willing to experiment this time around, sorry :(

Sorry for such a long post, I had a lot on my mind. I would have posted it sooner, but I've had to take breaks between paragraphs :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Maria&Co. said:

Sorry for such a long post, I had a lot on my mind. I would have posted it sooner, but I've had to take breaks between paragraphs

No problem! The graph was very interesting, and having this information in the one post will be very handy. It can give us an idea on what to test next. I think your data on Puchitchi explains Amber's situation very well. The one care mistake seemed to put her into the Meme slot instead of the Mame family. Perhaps, as you suggested, there is a fair bit of randomness, especially at certain numbers of care mistakes. For example, Puchitchi at one care mistake may either evolve into the Y. Androtchi/Ringotchi tier or the Gourmetchi/Y. Memetchi tier. Perhaps I can test this out next time I get Puchitchi.

40 minutes ago, Maria&Co. said:

Jim the Mametchi married Mimitchi through the matchmaker today and had a girl, and I'm positive his child will evolve into Harutchi. I really want to get Young Mimitchi, though, so I'm not willing to experiment this time around, sorry :(

I'm sure your attempt at Young Mimitchi will still be handy for the data, even if you aren't experimenting. It's interesting that you haven't had Young Mimitchi nearly as much as Young Mametchi. I don't think I've had Young Mimitchi all that much on the V4 either. Could it be that evolutions aren't identical between genders? Anyway, good luck with it, and I'll be interested to see if you achieve it! Good luck with Nikatchi as well!

46 minutes ago, Maria&Co. said:

I think compiling a spreadsheet based on information we've collected thus far would be a good idea!

Awesome! I'll start right away, though it might take some time. I think it will complement your graph by recording some specific details about each experiment for future reference; perhaps they can be added to your graph some time in the future. With the spreadsheet, I think I'll limit the data to the experiments that are mentioned in this thread; if I expand too much beyond this it could get overwhelming and inconsistent. But nonetheless, I'm positive it can come in useful!

• Like 4

Hi again! It's sooner than I thought, but I completed a draft of the spreadsheet! Here's the data I gathered so far (I hope you can read it):

spacer.png

I sourced all the experiments from this thread, but I got additional details of some of the subjects from our logs. As you can see, I divided the table into four groups, representing each of the Child characters (I thought this would be the best way to present it, since the main purpose is to find the relationship between the Child and Teenager characters), and I gave each individual test a code number for easy identification. Each test has a prefix letter (H for Harutchi, P for Puchitchi, Z for MizuTamatchi and M for MohiTamatchi) followed by a number, which ensures that none of them get confused with each other. You don't have to use them for reference though; I just personally like classification numbers and organisation :P

As we all post in this thread and do more experiments, I will add more entries to the spreadsheet accordingly. Hopefully, as we keep testing, the data will build up and we can begin to see some patterns, like in Maria&Co.'s graph! You may notice that some of the spaces are empty; that's simply because I couldn't find the information for these particular attributes. That said, it's not very important to add the other details for these early tests. I will try to add all attributes of each test as much as I can in the future though.

spacer.png

I also added a second page that contains mysteries or theories for us to test out. This isn't as well-developed as the first, and there are probably a lot more questions to add, but this will happen over time. I'll be sure to put a question/theory in if it comes up for discussion in the thread, and if any of these are more or less proven I will update their status to "Confirmed" or something. If there are any questions that are in your mind that I've missed (I'm sure I have missed some), you are free to suggest one.

What do you think? If there are any features you'd like me to add or change, I will be happy to take that on board. Also, I am happy to post the file if you want it (in either .docx or .ods format), and in the future I can also post updates to this sheet on request.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Those spreadsheets are very nice! I don't really see any features that I think should be changed. Good work! ^_^

Unfortunately the images won't load in my browser, so I had to download them to my desktop to view them :P I think posting the original file might be a good idea for that reason (maybe in the original .ods format)

EDIT: NOW they're showing properly :P

Edited by Maria&Co.
  • Like 4

@Hohotchi-HO7 the spreadsheet looks awesome! This is going to be very helpful as we gather more data.^_^ Also, @Maria&Co., your graph is very accurate with the types of growth patterns we've seen in the experiments as well as what I've personally experienced in the past.

22 hours ago, Maria&Co. said:

That's not a problem at all! This will actually be pretty helpful because it seems that Young Mimitchi is quite the elusive teen. Personally I don't think I've ever raised her on the V4, but I'm positive I've gotten Young Mametchi before. This makes me think that P1/P2 levels of perfect care may be involved in obtaining her (hearts are kept super high, zero care misses, and no missed training calls). If this truly is the case, then I wonder why it's not needed for Young Mametchi... I hope it goes well for you!

Update on Spyro, he evolved in to the Universal adult, Debatchi! I'm a little surprised by this because I thought I was taking pretty good care of him but some care misses must have happened by mistake. I've been busy that past couple of days and his hearts were dropping a little faster than a "good care" teen, so it would make sense if that's what happened. However, I am excited to see what his marriage will produce. I'm tempted to marry him to another Universal adult just to see what I get...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tamaninjacat said:

That's not a problem at all! This will actually be pretty helpful because it seems that Young Mimitchi is quite the elusive teen. Personally I don't think I've ever raised her on the V4, but I'm positive I've gotten Young Mametchi before. This makes me think that P1/P2 levels of perfect care may be involved in obtaining her (hearts are kept super high, zero care misses, and no missed training calls). If this truly is the case, then I wonder why it's not needed for Young Mametchi... I hope it goes well for you!

Thank you! I hope it goes well, too! Based on what I've seen, within my own experience and that of others, Young Mimitchi indeed seems to be the hardest teen character to obtain on the V4...

12 minutes ago, tamaninjacat said:

Update on Spyro, he evolved in to the Universal adult, Debatchi! I'm a little surprised by this because I thought I was taking pretty good care of him but some care misses must have happened by mistake. I've been busy that past couple of days and his hearts were dropping a little faster than a "good care" teen, so it would make sense if that's what happened. However, I am excited to see what his marriage will produce. I'm tempted to marry him to another Universal adult just to see what I get...

Were his skill points low? That's often thought to be a factor in obtaining Debatchi and Hanatchi, in addition to average care. Anyway, I completely recommend marrying him to another Universal adult! I don't believe I've ever been able to attempt that and I'm interested to see what the results of it are :o

• Like 3

Were his skill points low? That's often thought to be a factor in obtaining Debatchi and Hanatchi, in addition to average care.

Ohhh that's totally what happened! I just checked his skill points and his intelligence and kindness are under 30 while his style is under 40. I was a little busy the past couple of days and I'm terrible at the dance mini game, so I fed him a lot of snacks instead. I thought that I could get away with the low skill points as long as Spyro's style points were higher than the rest, but I forgot that skill points played a factor in getting Universal characters.:P

Anyway, I completely recommend marrying him to another Universal adult! I don't believe I've ever been able to attempt that and I'm interested to see what the results of it are :o

I don't think I've ever tried it before either, so I'm excited to see what I get! I wonder if breeding Universal adults with each other will result in the same toddler/s every time or if it's random with them.

• Like 3