Maria&Co.

How to change or influence which family group a child evolves into on the V4?

Recommended Posts

Well, I have something to report today (it's been a while hasn't it :P). I had two MizuTamatchis on my two V4s, a boy named Jake and a girl named Ess. I decided to try four care mistakes and one missed training call, as that's what got me Young Dorotchi from MizuTamatchi before. I gave them both the four care mistakes, but I accidentally missed two training calls instead of one...I had to make up for that by intentionally having them send each other presents until they purposely sent something bad (scolding a Tama when it laughs mischievously after sending poo, a snake, or a jack-in-the-box increases the training bar, but this only works if you have an item wrapped to send as a present).

Jake evolved into Gourmetchi and Ess evolved into Young Dorotchi. This is the only time I've ever obtained Gourmetchi with anything more than one care mistake, so I found that fairly interesting. But what I found most interesting was the fact that both of them evolved into different family groups with the exact same level of care. I'm thinking maybe evolution on the V4 truly is more random than thought. Jacob's highest skill was style/artistic, and Ess's highest skill was kindness/social, but that was most likely just a coincidence. Still, it may be worth testing a bit more to see if it actually does have any influence on child-to-teen evolution :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So my Tosakatchi married a Maskutchi and I ended up with a girl Puchitchi! I'm going to try perfect care to get a Mame teen to change things up from the monotony of having Meme family characters. If not, my v3 is a boy so I can marry them and try again for Mohitamatchi/Kuchi family the following week!

EDIT/UPDATE: The Puchitchi evolved into a Ringotchi with perfect care! At one point the hungry hearts dropped to 2 and I was worried I might've made a care slip but it turned out okay! Zero missed training calls so far. I think I might try for a Mimitchi since it's been a while since I had one ^_^

Edited by UwUGotchi
update
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope everyone has been well!

Since my last update I married my Mimitchi to my V3 Androtchi, resulting in a baby girl who grew into a Mohitamatchi! Then, with perfect care, Mohitamatchi evolved into young Dorotchi, finally! I ended up with a Sebiretchi and was beyond excited for my first ever Kuchi adult! Unfortunately, I couldn't cross it with my V3 that gen and so it married a Gozarutchi through the matchmaker.

The next gen, I got another baby girl, who grew into Mohitamatchi again. Unfortunately, despite the same level of care she turned into Ichigotchi... though I figured that this might be due to pausing it for a bit one morning when I was away. I grew her into a Memetchi and then Makiko. Since I haven't had these characters in over a decade, I didn't mind too much even though I was disappointed at first. :P

This time, I was able to marry Makiko to my V3 Bunbunitchi. I got a baby boy -> Mohitamatchi, and again gave it the same level of care as I did to get young Dorotchi (no pauses, no missed training etc.), however, I ended up with Hinomatachi yet again... Definitely frustrated and finding it hard to troubleshoot where I went wrong. I still don't have the heart to give it bad care for a universal adult so we'll see where it goes from here! A little unrelated but on my V3, the twin brother also grew into a Mohitamatchi (usually get Mizutamatchi on my V3) and with the same level of "perfect" care I got young Mametchi, so I'm thinking what happened on my V4 must have been random... I can't cross it with my V3 this gen so I'll report back again soon. My goal this summer is to get Kuchipatchi/Nonbiritchi!

Any advice on how to "perfect" giving my V4 perfect care? There must be something that I am doing wrong. I never let the hearts drop below 3, immediately feed them, give them toys often, and play games to keep them at the lowest weight (which we know has no effect). I only ever miss 1-2 training calls (which we know mainly affects evolution to universal adults). However, I rarely ever catch my tamas in time to send them to the toilet, leaving a mess (thought never more than 1 mess at a time) - which I doubt this is the deciding factor here. They also never get sick/toothaches as kids.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, I want to say that I recently deactivated all my Tamagotchis. It just hasn't really sparked my interest lately (which is why I haven't been active lately), and I've gotten too busy with other things to deal with them for now. I'll still answer any questions asked on here, though. I might reactivate two or three of my Tamas sometime soon, since that wouldn't be quite as overwhelming as seven...

2 hours ago, UwUGotchi said:

Since my last update I married my Mimitchi to my V3 Androtchi, resulting in a baby girl who grew into a Mohitamatchi! Then, with perfect care, Mohitamatchi evolved into young Dorotchi, finally! I ended up with a Sebiretchi and was beyond excited for my first ever Kuchi adult!

Congratulations on that! The Kuchi family is surprisingly difficult to obtain (if it wasn't, I wouldn't have created this topic :P)

2 hours ago, UwUGotchi said:

The next gen, I got another baby girl, who grew into Mohitamatchi again. Unfortunately, despite the same level of care she turned into Ichigotchi... though I figured that this might be due to pausing it for a bit one morning when I was away. I grew her into a Memetchi and then Makiko. Since I haven't had these characters in over a decade, I didn't mind too much even though I was disappointed at first. :P

This time, I was able to marry Makiko to my V3 Bunbunitchi. I got a baby boy -> Mohitamatchi, and again gave it the same level of care as I did to get young Dorotchi (no pauses, no missed training etc.), however, I ended up with Hinomatachi yet again... Definitely frustrated and finding it hard to troubleshoot where I went wrong. I still don't have the heart to give it bad care for a universal adult so we'll see where it goes from here! A little unrelated but on my V3, the twin brother also grew into a Mohitamatchi (usually get Mizutamatchi on my V3) and with the same level of "perfect" care I got young Mametchi, so I'm thinking what happened on my V4 must have been random... I can't cross it with my V3 this gen so I'll report back again soon. My goal this summer is to get Kuchipatchi/Nonbiritchi!

Any advice on how to "perfect" giving my V4 perfect care? There must be something that I am doing wrong. I never let the hearts drop below 3, immediately feed them, give them toys often, and play games to keep them at the lowest weight (which we know has no effect). I only ever miss 1-2 training calls (which we know mainly affects evolution to universal adults). However, I rarely ever catch my tamas in time to send them to the toilet, leaving a mess (thought never more than 1 mess at a time) - which I doubt this is the deciding factor here. They also never get sick/toothaches as kids.

That's very strange...I've always obtained Y. Kuchipatchi and Y. Dorotchi by giving a MohiTamatchi perfect care -- no care mistakes, no missed training calls, high hungry and happy hearts -- so I'm having a hard time figuring out why it doesn't seem to be working out very well for you. It doesn't seem like you did anything wrong.
(On a similar note, in the past month or two I've been having similar problems on my V4.5s; always getting Kujakutchi when I'd normally get Kometchi or even Daiyatchi...)

It's entirely possible evolution is more random than I thought. If that's the case, there's unfortunately no reliable way to evolve a child into the Kuchi family. Just keep trying, and maybe it'll work out soon. If you want to try for a Kuchi teen again next generation under the current circumstances, I have a few suggestions:

  1. Marry your Meme adult to a Mame adult or another Meme adult and take perfect care of the baby. It should evolve into Puchitchi. If it does, take perfect care of it and it should evolve into Y. Androtchi or Ringotchi. Then, marry the Mame adult to a Kuchi adult and take perfect care of the resulting baby. It takes a while, but this seems to be the most reliable method of obtaining MohiTamatchi, other than marrying an adult on a V2 or V3 who isn't on the V4.
  2. If at least one of the parents is a Meme adult, MizuTamatchi can appear with any combination of parents. If you do end up with MizuTamatchi, give it four care mistakes, but otherwise take perfect care of it. And for good measure, see if you can get the Kindness/Social skill the highest. This method seems a bit unpredictable based on past experience, so I can't guarantee whether you'd get a Meme or Kuchi teen using this method.
  3. Sometimes, if you marry a Meme adult to a Mame adult, the child will evolve into MohiTamatchi if the hungry hearts empty several times during the baby stage. If you can't marry it to a V2 or V3 adult, this is the easiest way to obtain MohiTamatchi with a Meme adult as a parent, but it's kind of unpredictable.

Good luck! I hope I helped a bit! I hope you can find a way to break the Meme curse soon!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Maria&Co! As always, thank you so much for your detailed responses. I totally understand how you feel - I'm quite fatigued as well. Fingers crossed for some good results soon!

1 hour ago, Maria&Co. said:

Good luck! I hope I helped a bit! I hope you can find a way to break the Meme curse soon!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By hannah.cookie905
      Hi, I know my tamagotchi is a real one as i bought it years ago with my sister and I know hers is real since i have seen hers online before, but I have never come across mine before. Do any of you have this pattern or have seen it?
      (the pink is my sisters, and the green one is mine)
    • By Rainbow Dazz
      There's already a thread for what you want for Christmas; what do you plan on giving your family and friends? I'm "giving" my parents a Minecraft replica of our house (they asked for this ages ago but I never got around to it), giving my brother a pack of Pokemon cards (he's going through an obsession with them), giving some of my friends DS's and DSi's (my brother and I are getting 3DS's from our parents so we can give away our old ones) and giving money to my boyfriend and those of my friends who already have DS's or 3DS's. I don't usually give anyone stuff so this year is a bit weird, I just happen to have a lot of stuff to give so, what about you guys?
    • By Ringotchi123
      I couldn't stand trying to search for my posts, so here I am! I will post for morning, edit for afternoon, and re edit for evening.
       
       
      MORNING
      Ok girls, who wants breakfast?
      ME! (Sarah)
      ME! (Morgan)
      ME! (Darren, Sarah's Husband)
      Good! Pancakes?
      *all* YEAH! WE WANNA HELP!
      Ok! Sarah, Get the eggs! Morgan, get the milk! Darren, get the flour! I'll get the Choc. Chips!
      *One Hour Later*
      Delicious!
      Amazing!
      Perfect!
      Yummy!
      STATS!
      Morgan
      5yrs
      70lbs
      Hungry:OOOO
      Happy:OOOO
      Stress: 00
      Tone: 525
      Rhythm: 576
      Original: 514
      1G
      740530P
      Sebertchi
      Band
      Buckers
      Classical music
      Morgan: Singers
      Jenny: Harp
      Colleen: Violin
       
       
      Sarah
      10yrs
      72lbs
      4g
      Hungry:ooooo
      Happy:OOOOo
      Train: - -
      Friendship: 1 light
      Character:6
      166036P
      Otokitchi
       
       
       
      AFTERNOON
       
      I fed Darren, Morgan, and Sarah hot dogs for lunch. Morgan got married to a Shimashimatchi named Mike and had a baby named Ellis.
       
       
       
       
       
       
      EVENING
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      BYE!
      LYSSIE
      MORGAN
      SARAH
      DARREN
    • By SouthParkPikachu
      Look at this crappy V5 ripoff my friend bought off madeinchina.com from...*drumroll* JD!!! (yet again)

      Yes, the image is a bit big, but it gets on my nerves when someone thinks they have a real tamagotchi when really it's a fake JD. My friend recieved this two days ago and from what I've seen it's very odd. First, the tamas in the family don't move around like actual Tamagotchi's do, they all move around like a screensaver. Second, the games tend to glitch up a lot and 2 games are rendered unplayable. And finally, a lesson for all of you! DO NOT go on madeinchina.com EVER! Most of the tama related stuff is all fakes and other stuff (like pokemon games) are all bootleg!
    • By Jokus
      When a tamagotchi leaves his or hers child, I thought that the child would be in the same family as the parent.
      This is something that I've heard goes for both v4 and v4.5, and so far, It's been that way for me.
       
      I had a Purimatchi of the Ura-Meme family recently, and she leaved a daughter who today evolved into Ura Young Yattatchi, of the Ura-Kuchi family.
      I didn't think this was possible.
       
      Either, the rule about children being in the same group as the parents is wrong, or something is wrong with my tama, which by the way is not glitchy at all otherwise...
       
      Anybody knows anything about this?
    • By Gitchy
      I'm 16 years old, and ive always loved tamagotchis.
      the second i heard of the new tamagotchi ID L that i want a pink one!
      The problem is not the money, i can just save it. the thing is i'm too embarassed to ask my mum to order it
      :C
      what do i do?