Maria&Co.

How to change or influence which family group a child evolves into on the V4?

Well, I have something to report today (it's been a while hasn't it :P). I had two MizuTamatchis on my two V4s, a boy named Jake and a girl named Ess. I decided to try four care mistakes and one missed training call, as that's what got me Young Dorotchi from MizuTamatchi before. I gave them both the four care mistakes, but I accidentally missed two training calls instead of one...I had to make up for that by intentionally having them send each other presents until they purposely sent something bad (scolding a Tama when it laughs mischievously after sending poo, a snake, or a jack-in-the-box increases the training bar, but this only works if you have an item wrapped to send as a present).

Jake evolved into Gourmetchi and Ess evolved into Young Dorotchi. This is the only time I've ever obtained Gourmetchi with anything more than one care mistake, so I found that fairly interesting. But what I found most interesting was the fact that both of them evolved into different family groups with the exact same level of care. I'm thinking maybe evolution on the V4 truly is more random than thought. Jacob's highest skill was style/artistic, and Ess's highest skill was kindness/social, but that was most likely just a coincidence. Still, it may be worth testing a bit more to see if it actually does have any influence on child-to-teen evolution :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

So my Tosakatchi married a Maskutchi and I ended up with a girl Puchitchi! I'm going to try perfect care to get a Mame teen to change things up from the monotony of having Meme family characters. If not, my v3 is a boy so I can marry them and try again for Mohitamatchi/Kuchi family the following week!

EDIT/UPDATE: The Puchitchi evolved into a Ringotchi with perfect care! At one point the hungry hearts dropped to 2 and I was worried I might've made a care slip but it turned out okay! Zero missed training calls so far. I think I might try for a Mimitchi since it's been a while since I had one ^_^

Edited by UwUGotchi
update
  • Like 3

Hope everyone has been well!

Since my last update I married my Mimitchi to my V3 Androtchi, resulting in a baby girl who grew into a Mohitamatchi! Then, with perfect care, Mohitamatchi evolved into young Dorotchi, finally! I ended up with a Sebiretchi and was beyond excited for my first ever Kuchi adult! Unfortunately, I couldn't cross it with my V3 that gen and so it married a Gozarutchi through the matchmaker.

The next gen, I got another baby girl, who grew into Mohitamatchi again. Unfortunately, despite the same level of care she turned into Ichigotchi... though I figured that this might be due to pausing it for a bit one morning when I was away. I grew her into a Memetchi and then Makiko. Since I haven't had these characters in over a decade, I didn't mind too much even though I was disappointed at first. :P

This time, I was able to marry Makiko to my V3 Bunbunitchi. I got a baby boy -> Mohitamatchi, and again gave it the same level of care as I did to get young Dorotchi (no pauses, no missed training etc.), however, I ended up with Hinomatachi yet again... Definitely frustrated and finding it hard to troubleshoot where I went wrong. I still don't have the heart to give it bad care for a universal adult so we'll see where it goes from here! A little unrelated but on my V3, the twin brother also grew into a Mohitamatchi (usually get Mizutamatchi on my V3) and with the same level of "perfect" care I got young Mametchi, so I'm thinking what happened on my V4 must have been random... I can't cross it with my V3 this gen so I'll report back again soon. My goal this summer is to get Kuchipatchi/Nonbiritchi!

Any advice on how to "perfect" giving my V4 perfect care? There must be something that I am doing wrong. I never let the hearts drop below 3, immediately feed them, give them toys often, and play games to keep them at the lowest weight (which we know has no effect). I only ever miss 1-2 training calls (which we know mainly affects evolution to universal adults). However, I rarely ever catch my tamas in time to send them to the toilet, leaving a mess (thought never more than 1 mess at a time) - which I doubt this is the deciding factor here. They also never get sick/toothaches as kids.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

First off, I want to say that I recently deactivated all my Tamagotchis. It just hasn't really sparked my interest lately (which is why I haven't been active lately), and I've gotten too busy with other things to deal with them for now. I'll still answer any questions asked on here, though. I might reactivate two or three of my Tamas sometime soon, since that wouldn't be quite as overwhelming as seven...

2 hours ago, UwUGotchi said:

Since my last update I married my Mimitchi to my V3 Androtchi, resulting in a baby girl who grew into a Mohitamatchi! Then, with perfect care, Mohitamatchi evolved into young Dorotchi, finally! I ended up with a Sebiretchi and was beyond excited for my first ever Kuchi adult!

Congratulations on that! The Kuchi family is surprisingly difficult to obtain (if it wasn't, I wouldn't have created this topic :P)

2 hours ago, UwUGotchi said:

The next gen, I got another baby girl, who grew into Mohitamatchi again. Unfortunately, despite the same level of care she turned into Ichigotchi... though I figured that this might be due to pausing it for a bit one morning when I was away. I grew her into a Memetchi and then Makiko. Since I haven't had these characters in over a decade, I didn't mind too much even though I was disappointed at first. :P

This time, I was able to marry Makiko to my V3 Bunbunitchi. I got a baby boy -> Mohitamatchi, and again gave it the same level of care as I did to get young Dorotchi (no pauses, no missed training etc.), however, I ended up with Hinomatachi yet again... Definitely frustrated and finding it hard to troubleshoot where I went wrong. I still don't have the heart to give it bad care for a universal adult so we'll see where it goes from here! A little unrelated but on my V3, the twin brother also grew into a Mohitamatchi (usually get Mizutamatchi on my V3) and with the same level of "perfect" care I got young Mametchi, so I'm thinking what happened on my V4 must have been random... I can't cross it with my V3 this gen so I'll report back again soon. My goal this summer is to get Kuchipatchi/Nonbiritchi!

Any advice on how to "perfect" giving my V4 perfect care? There must be something that I am doing wrong. I never let the hearts drop below 3, immediately feed them, give them toys often, and play games to keep them at the lowest weight (which we know has no effect). I only ever miss 1-2 training calls (which we know mainly affects evolution to universal adults). However, I rarely ever catch my tamas in time to send them to the toilet, leaving a mess (thought never more than 1 mess at a time) - which I doubt this is the deciding factor here. They also never get sick/toothaches as kids.

That's very strange...I've always obtained Y. Kuchipatchi and Y. Dorotchi by giving a MohiTamatchi perfect care -- no care mistakes, no missed training calls, high hungry and happy hearts -- so I'm having a hard time figuring out why it doesn't seem to be working out very well for you. It doesn't seem like you did anything wrong.
(On a similar note, in the past month or two I've been having similar problems on my V4.5s; always getting Kujakutchi when I'd normally get Kometchi or even Daiyatchi...)

It's entirely possible evolution is more random than I thought. If that's the case, there's unfortunately no reliable way to evolve a child into the Kuchi family. Just keep trying, and maybe it'll work out soon. If you want to try for a Kuchi teen again next generation under the current circumstances, I have a few suggestions:

1. Marry your Meme adult to a Mame adult or another Meme adult and take perfect care of the baby. It should evolve into Puchitchi. If it does, take perfect care of it and it should evolve into Y. Androtchi or Ringotchi. Then, marry the Mame adult to a Kuchi adult and take perfect care of the resulting baby. It takes a while, but this seems to be the most reliable method of obtaining MohiTamatchi, other than marrying an adult on a V2 or V3 who isn't on the V4.
  2. If at least one of the parents is a Meme adult, MizuTamatchi can appear with any combination of parents. If you do end up with MizuTamatchi, give it four care mistakes, but otherwise take perfect care of it. And for good measure, see if you can get the Kindness/Social skill the highest. This method seems a bit unpredictable based on past experience, so I can't guarantee whether you'd get a Meme or Kuchi teen using this method.
  3. Sometimes, if you marry a Meme adult to a Mame adult, the child will evolve into MohiTamatchi if the hungry hearts empty several times during the baby stage. If you can't marry it to a V2 or V3 adult, this is the easiest way to obtain MohiTamatchi with a Meme adult as a parent, but it's kind of unpredictable.

Good luck! I hope I helped a bit! I hope you can find a way to break the Meme curse soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Maria&Co! As always, thank you so much for your detailed responses. I totally understand how you feel - I'm quite fatigued as well. Fingers crossed for some good results soon!

1 hour ago, Maria&Co. said:

Good luck! I hope I helped a bit! I hope you can find a way to break the Meme curse soon!

• Like 2