Found a 90’s Tamagotchi? Worth anything?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca Ezerk

Reaction score
image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
So my grandma found a Tamagotchi from the 90’s and we’re trying to figure out how much its worth. If someone could help us figure this mystery out we’d appreciate it!
image0.jpg
image0.jpg

Well, to be honest, prices on 90s tamagotchis can really vary.

In fact, there is a tamagotchi exactly like yours going for £199.99!!

But really, the price can vary quite a bit depending on quality, age, how much the seller thinks it’s worth, how much the buyer thinks it’s worth and how serious of a collector the buyer is.

Anywho, I’m probably speaking a ton of rubbish. This is purely based on the prices I’ve seen online and what I’ve seen collectors buying for. I’m sure there is someone here on Tamatalk who can give you more help than I can!! ;)  

As @Cookies&Cream notes, it comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it.

The best way to check the current going rate is to check sold listings on the platform that you're hoping to sell on (not current ones, as this will invariably throw out results where people are asking for ludicrous sums because of a mistaken belief that "old = rare"*), and see what other examples of the same product in a similar condition have sold for recently.

*The original Tamagotchi units are by no means rare, due to their immense popularity. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As @Cookies&Cream notes, it comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it.

The best way to check the current going rate is to check sold listings on the platform that you're hoping to sell on (not current ones, as this will invariably throw out results where people are asking for ludicrous sums because of a mistaken belief that "old = rare"*), and see what other examples of the same product in a similar condition have sold for recently.

*The original Tamagotchi units are by no means rare, due to their immense popularity. ;)
Yeah, exactly. You do have to do your research on what is considered ‘old’ and what is ‘rare’.

Just make sure to REALLY check. There is nothing worse than when you think your Tama will go for triple figures and it ends up going for about £10, y’know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back