Sign in to follow this  
Bitter_Merringue

White screen with what I think is internal damage?

My Tamagotchi ON was working fine yesterday and today when I went to turn it on it wouldn't even start up. I replaced the batteries and the screen just stays white with what I assume is some internal damage, although i don't know how this is possible as I haven't taken my Tama anywhere that could've resulted in this.

Anyone know how to fix this? I really don't want to those my family tree and I don't really have the money for a new Tamagotchi ON.

WIN_20200201_10_10_24_Pro (2).jpg

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with this! :( I’ve seen some people turning their units to where they bought it from and got a replacement. 

Before doing thag can you change the batteries (try diffrent brand than the one you are currently using) and see what happens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iTamannadi said:

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with this! :( I’ve seen some people turning their units to where they bought it from and got a replacement. 

Before doing thag can you change the batteries (try diffrent brand than the one you are currently using) and see what happens.

would trying a different brand fix the glitchy screen problem?

Not sure to be honest but heard recently that the batteries might be causing most of the problems. If it doesn’t work, which I think it wont because it seems that it’s an internal problem then I suggest you turn it and request another one.  

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 2

As @iTamannadi notes, batteries can be the cause of some problems - this is because different brands might discharge at a different rate to each other, and also because the charge in rechargeables drops off in a different way to standard alkaline cells, which not all devices are designed to handle.

Still, is there any way that you could get a clearer picture, by any chance, please, @Bitter_Merringue? It's a little tricky to tell from the image whether it's a glitched display or some sort of impact-damage. I doubt that it's the latter given what you've already said (I assume that there's no chance of someone else having knocked it over without telling you?), but I have heard of what might be a similar display issue before in another thread;

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By thatoneplague
      Hello I'm new to this website and I've been using my old tamagotchi connection v3 for about a month now. The screen on my device is fairly beat up and I was curious if I could find some official or third party screen replacement for the Tamagotchi Connection v3.
    • By Soggy Fry
      So I got 2 tamagotchis, a gudetama one and a pacman one. At some point I noticed the pacman one was quieter than the gudetama one and I was wondering if it was already like that or it just changed and I have to fix it. Can someone compare the sounds for me on their own pacman and gudetama so I don't go crazy over this.
    • By kayori101
      Hi! I purchased a new in package entama from Japanyouwant and it came in the mail today! unfortunately after a few hours the screen is looking really funny and the device randomly reset while i was viewing a menu. I’ve seen a screen like this on my v.5 tamagotchi, and the resetting eventually got so bad that I got frustrated and threw the whole device away. this time I figured i’d ask and see if this is something I can fix. Can anyone help me? here is a picture of the screen now vs when i first pulled the tama out of the box. https://imgur.com/gallery/GEYdmt5
    • By Amy Elizabeth
      Hi! I bought this this connection a few months ago, can’t remember if it’s v1 or v2 but have been looking on project tamashell and can not find it anywhere? Just wondering if it’s a fake 

• By Mimi987
      Ever since I discovered the versions with colors I've been wanting one. I've tried to do some research from time to time but I'm still very confused.
      From what I've gathered, the on version is pretty limited in terms of stuff to do, but has a good breeding system. And the meet version is basically the same as on but in Japanese.
      Anyhow, now for the important part - which one should I get? I apologise if I come off as lazy but I'm going crazy trying to understand all these different versions with all the functions etc. So I was hoping that some kind soul over here maybe could help me out a bit.
      what I'm looking for: 
      having as much fun as possible without the need of additional tamas/apps etc
      (imagine going on a trip to the woods without internet and bringing your tamagotchi. You'd want you'd get as much as possible out of it with the somewhat limited opportunities in the woods)
      basically: as much games, customizations, locations to explore without having to connect my tama to another tama or the internet/an app. (Just in case I end up somewhere without internet connection, but don't get me wrong - I'd love for there to be an opportunity to go online as well, like back in the days when tamatown existed and you could "meet" other users, play games etc.)
      I'm leaning towards getting a tamagotchi p's version. from what I've understood, they aren't as limited as tamagotchi on in terms of games and places to explore.
      Since the prices are pretty hefty (I live in sweden where they haven't released any of it so I'll have to buy from overseas), I really want to make sure I'm educated enough before I buy anything. If you'd advice me to keep researching feel free to give me suggestions on where to look (websites, youtube channels etc). Otherwise, I'd be grateful for all tips and advices! I feel very lost at the moment. My latest tamagotchi was v3 and at one point I had the music star version too.
    • By SpookyKinzie
      I have an unreliable sleep schedule and want to alter the time on my Tamagotchi so it's awake when I am, but I'm worried it'll have consequences like something like Animal Crossing would. Will changing the time frequently affect my Tama?