White screen with what I think is internal damage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitter_Merringue

Reaction score
My Tamagotchi ON was working fine yesterday and today when I went to turn it on it wouldn't even start up. I replaced the batteries and the screen just stays white with what I assume is some internal damage, although i don't know how this is possible as I haven't taken my Tama anywhere that could've resulted in this.

Anyone know how to fix this? I really don't want to those my family tree and I don't really have the money for a new Tamagotchi ON.

WIN_20200201_10_10_24_Pro (2).jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Joc
Sorry to hear you’re dealing with this! :(  I’ve seen some people turning their units to where they bought it from and got a replacement. 

Before doing thag can you change the batteries (try diffrent brand than the one you are currently using) and see what happens.

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with this! :(  I’ve seen some people turning their units to where they bought it from and got a replacement. 

Before doing thag can you change the batteries (try diffrent brand than the one you are currently using) and see what happens.
would trying a different brand fix the glitchy screen problem?

Not sure to be honest but heard recently that the batteries might be causing most of the problems. If it doesn’t work, which I think it wont because it seems that it’s an internal problem then I suggest you turn it and request another one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
As @iTamannadi notes, batteries can be the cause of some problems - this is because different brands might discharge at a different rate to each other, and also because the charge in rechargeables drops off in a different way to standard alkaline cells, which not all devices are designed to handle.

Still, is there any way that you could get a clearer picture, by any chance, please, @Bitter_Merringue? It's a little tricky to tell from the image whether it's a glitched display or some sort of impact-damage. I doubt that it's the latter given what you've already said (I assume that there's no chance of someone else having knocked it over without telling you?), but I have heard of what might be a similar display issue before in another thread;

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back