Sign in to follow this  
Bitter_Merringue

White screen with what I think is internal damage?

My Tamagotchi ON was working fine yesterday and today when I went to turn it on it wouldn't even start up. I replaced the batteries and the screen just stays white with what I assume is some internal damage, although i don't know how this is possible as I haven't taken my Tama anywhere that could've resulted in this.

Anyone know how to fix this? I really don't want to those my family tree and I don't really have the money for a new Tamagotchi ON.

WIN_20200201_10_10_24_Pro (2).jpg

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with this! :( I’ve seen some people turning their units to where they bought it from and got a replacement. 

Before doing thag can you change the batteries (try diffrent brand than the one you are currently using) and see what happens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iTamannadi said:

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with this! :( I’ve seen some people turning their units to where they bought it from and got a replacement. 

Before doing thag can you change the batteries (try diffrent brand than the one you are currently using) and see what happens.

would trying a different brand fix the glitchy screen problem?

Not sure to be honest but heard recently that the batteries might be causing most of the problems. If it doesn’t work, which I think it wont because it seems that it’s an internal problem then I suggest you turn it and request another one.  

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 2

As @iTamannadi notes, batteries can be the cause of some problems - this is because different brands might discharge at a different rate to each other, and also because the charge in rechargeables drops off in a different way to standard alkaline cells, which not all devices are designed to handle.

Still, is there any way that you could get a clearer picture, by any chance, please, @Bitter_Merringue? It's a little tricky to tell from the image whether it's a glitched display or some sort of impact-damage. I doubt that it's the latter given what you've already said (I assume that there's no chance of someone else having knocked it over without telling you?), but I have heard of what might be a similar display issue before in another thread;

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By linty_lint
      Hello! I'm having heaps of trouble trying to debut in my V6 Music Star. This is gen 1, all my stats are at 999, everyone's got a ton of practice on their instruments (piano and headphones), and the genre is Classical Music. I've tried just about every instrument combination spread across the 3 musicians, but currently I'm at 1. Piano, 2. Headphones, 3. Piano. I still get a "x" for the 3rd judge ugh.
      Anything I can do better? What's the perfect genre for these instruments?
    • By Yuki Frost
      I’ve had a few problems with my Ocean before but they usually just sort of resolve themselves. 

When I got the tamagotchi the screws were beyond stripped (not helped by my family having no chill and shoving whatever they thought would get the thing open in said screws when the batteries died despite my protests) so we ended up taking it to multiple jewelers in hopes of getting them out. They were eventually sawed out. 

on my next run I hadn’t replaced the screws because I can’t find any the right size, so I taped the backplate ton to keep the batteries connected. This worked fine for about a month and a half until it got frozen like this:

My go to with these kinds of issues is to reset it but that didn’t work so I figured it had something to do with the tape. I screwed the backplate in with the screws from my garden and everything seemed fine. The tama seemed fine for about 30 minutes before it went back to this screen. It does this every time I take out the batteries and unfortunately re setting doesn’t work.
      Any ideas on how to fix it or what’s wrong?

• By -TamaTamaLlama-
      Hey welcome to my blog fellow Llamas!! I have a Tamagotchi On, Wonder Garden edition, and I am currently on generation 10! I have every location but sports plaza. I have the Llama fluff gene for 8 generation (lucky meeee!) and I currently have twin girls. I have questions about the tamagotchi app that can connect with your tamagotchi. Is it true you can marry people there and then they will come back to you tamagotchi as a new character? I'm confused. Do they have sanrio characters in the app on events? Can I connect to the japenese version on my english tamagotchi.

• By mrssalvatore
      😍 love tamas but cant figure out how to age quicker HELP PLZZZZZ
    • By ChimeraP
      I have a 7 y/o mimitchi. im not getting the match maker at all and im only getting heart mail and the gotchiking orders at the times that are in the matchmaking times thread. is this a glitch?
    • By DraconicDetective
      Hi! so.. uh. i got this tamagotchi p's used off ebay a few days ago, and it was working fine for a few days but now it won't turn on. i tried new batteries but... nothing. it didn't even give me a dead battery screen so it was wishful thinking i guess.
      but its like theres no power to it at all. even with batteries in i cant turn it on or anything. im... afraid to take a color tamagotchi apart but ill do it if i need to, i guess. i can also try to contact the seller on ebay.
      any.. suggestions for what might be wrong?.. all i know is that i put it in my pocket and it beeped and, i think my jacket pocket might have hit something? but i don't think so. then i went out the door to the car and it wouldnt turn on. been like this for i think 3 days now, i was waiting on new batteries.