My Tama refuses to go adult

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumpyjones

Reaction score
Hi. I've come to own and take care of a tamagotchi due to my daughter's insistence to get a tamaguchi on for Christmas, kill the first two of them, and then want nothing more to do with it.

That said I'm on my 6th generation but I've come across a problem. I've got a set of twins that are 9 years old and are still toddlers or teenagers or whatever you call them. No longer babies but not adults. All previous generations were adults by year 3, so I'm confused as to why these two refuse to grow up.

I've seen other posts that point people to a growth chart but you might as well hand me an encyclopedia written in Klingon for how much sense it makes to me.

I have no idea what cross breeding I've done to indicate what type of tamagotchi I now presently have.

I guess I just want to know in general is 9 years still perfectly okay for them not to be adults, how much longer should I be expected to wait in general, and is there anything I can do to speed this dang thing along? 

Thanks

Would I be correct in guessing that the model that you're using is the colour Tamagotchi On? There is a glitch that can sometimes occur with this version which halts the Tamagotchi's growth - it's been nicknamed by fans as "Peter Pan Syndrome". Your description sounds like this.

Sometimes this can be resolved by pressing the reset button on the back of the device (you'll need a pen or a pencil to do so), and, when the device resets, you must choose the "Download" option (I believe that's what it's called - I'm using the Japanese version of this device, myself, so I'm not 100% sure what the English text says), which will let you re-load the Tamagotchi that you had prior to hitting reset.

I haven't encountered this glitch myself, but I've previously heard it reported that when the above fix works to "unjam" the evolution, they should evolve within a few hours. If it doesn't work, you may need to change to a fresh set of batteries and again pick the "Download" option to re-load your current generation once the new batteries are in.

It has been speculated (though, as far as I know, thus far never confirmed) that Peter Pan Syndrome may happen when the device fails to properly display the "Low Battery" screen, and stops short of it by simply halting your current progress but not telling you to change the batteries (which generally last a couple of weeks or so).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: iAM
I do have the color version. It's all pink with hearts and rainbows...

Before I do this, just to verify, when I got the reset button, there will be a download option to restore (an automatic backup that it makes)?

I would hate to just lose everything...

I do have the color version. It's all pink with hearts and rainbows...
That sounds like the pink Fairy version of the Tamagotchi On, to me! :)

Before I do this, just to verify, when I got the reset button, there will be a download option to restore (an automatic backup that it makes)?

I would hate to just lose everything...
That is what's supposed to happen, yes. Once you press the button, the screen should display something like (again, paraphrasing from older versions, since mine is Japanese) "Download" or "Reset" - you want Download (basically, whichever one isn't Reset, if I've gotten the specific terms wrong), which does indeed restore from the automatic backup.

I had to deal with it on my own device when I changed the batteries recently.

No problem! I hope that this lets your Tamagotchis continue growing, now. :) Please post back if there are any more problems.

Thanks for confirming what the options are, too - that's a big help for me, as I haven't picked up one of these in English yet!

No problem! I hope that this lets your Tamagotchis continue growing, now. :) Please post back if there are any more problems.

Thanks for confirming what the options are, too - that's a big help for me, as I haven't picked up one of these in English yet!
So, I've reset my Tama 5 times, and with new batteries... They are both 12 year old toddlers... So I'm seriously into Peter pan... Anything else I can try before I just wore it all away?

Argh, noooo! :( Unfortunately, I don't know if there's anything else that can be done if those steps didn't resolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back