Angel gotchi vs American tamagotchi angel?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelAnne

Reaction score
I was going to buy a Japanese version of the angel that is guaranteed working, but I came across a listing for one that’s the American version BUT the seller hasn’t tested it and it’s as is. Is the tama angel worth enough to buy it with the risk of it not working? I thought it was pretty valuable or rare. 

I find it hilarious that the English versions after the originals boasted of a pause function, when actually nothing had changed. I actually have an English Angelgotchi - which I got in a used lot - and the clock set screen doesn't say anything special. I suppose the fact I have one might be something to boast about, but really I just see it as an Angelgotchi.

Besides the icon differences Eggiweg has noted, the only other notable programming difference between the two is that the Japanese version has Sabotenshi/the cactus angel, while the English version has the Smiling Angel (which is pure nightmare fuel). Unfortunately, both characters have incredibly lazy programming since they have the same animation for every single function.

Besides programming, American Tamagotchi Angels/English Angelgotchis actually have a different mold for the back half of the device. The holes for the screws in both battery cover and in the rest of the device are actually in a completely different place from the Japanese versions. What makes this so peculiar is that the previous English versions,  the P1 and P2, did not have such an alteration so this was a change in the manufacturing (if the only other English model, the Tamagotchi Ocean/Oceangotchi remained unchanged, then the English Angelgotchi would have a truly unique mold). The direct impact of this is that if an English Angelgotchi's back cover is lost - which is the case with mine - then it cannot fully swap back covers with any other vintage since the screws are necessary for stability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the icon differences Eggiweg has noted, the only other notable programming difference between the two is that the Japanese version has Sabotenshi/the cactus angel, while the English version has the Smiling Angel (which is pure nightmare fuel). Unfortunately, both characters have incredibly lazy programming since they have the same animation for every single function.
That’s really creepy, you’re right. I decided to go for the English version, I might eventually buy a Japanese one though so I can have that cactus character because I love that!! The Japanese ones seem pretty easy to come by as well. I got a pretty good deal on the Angel I bought, which I’m really happy about since I’ve wanted one for a long time! 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back