Candythief

Devilgotchi screw heads broke off

I bought a Devilgotchi and I tried to remove the screws. (I used a little mechanical oil before) (Of course I used the right screwdriver)

I thought already I had it, but then both screw heads just broke off!!! (They broke very near the screw head)

The screw shafts still remain in the shell and they also don't stick out a little.

look for yourselves:

spacer.png

I don't need to say, I'm devastated.

Still I ask you guys, do you think there is a (destruction free) way to remove the screws?

• Sad 1

I even opened it up furthermore, and tried to get out the screws from the backside. I tried to screw screws in the screw holes fro the backside, hoping the broken shafts will be pushed out, too. Good theory, but this absolutely does not work. The only thing I can do, is putting the poor thing it in another shell. I wonder if I should.... if a had a black backside, Nobody would even notice....

• Like 2

Yes, this is also my current idea. I'm already looking for a black Tama. Sigh, they are rather rare and expensive, too. 

Unfortunately, I can not see the tama in the link.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Candythief said:

Yes, this is also my current idea. I'm already looking for a black Tama. Sigh, they are rather rare and expensive, too. 

Unfortunately, I can not see the tama in the link.

The re-release of the originals features a black P2, although it would use the new coin cell battery, though I think if it was the same voltage,  it would technically work.

http://www.bandai.com/original-tamagotchi/

Here's the picture of the white devilgotchi with a replaced back.

tumblr_osj9wsOhab1uefafao4_1280.jpg

Some of the dual coloured tamagotchis have entirely black backs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Original-TamaGotchi-Black-and-Orange-1997-Works/174154572050?hash=item288c6be112:g:-6IAAOSwRbddShaS

Edited by Eggiweg
  • Like 1

The only thing I'm scared of, is the transplantation of the sound chip. I did that once and the sound was more silent afterwards, even though I was very careful.

The sound chip is embedded in a little molten plastic of the shell... I don't know how easy it is to firmly embed the sound chip in another shell and if the sounds sounds the same afterwards. How would you do that?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 1:58 AM, Candythief said:

The only thing I'm scared of, is the transplantation of the sound chip. I did that once and the sound was more silent afterwards, even though I was very careful.

The sound chip is embedded in a little molten plastic of the shell... I don't know how easy it is to firmly embed the sound chip in another shell and if the sounds sounds the same afterwards. How would you do that?

The speaker for the devilgotchi and normal P1/P2s are the same (confirmed by the person who did the white devilgotchi mod) , you can just desolder the wires and reattach them to the devilgotchi.

Posted (edited)

Honestly Im not a fan of the 2018 edition of tamagotchi. The qualitiy is not so great, just the way the plastic feels.. No, I cant do that to my devil

But I did it. Transplantation successful!

It was difficult. The speaker of the devilgotchi seemed to be glued firmly to the plastic. I got it finally out with the tip of a knife.

I took the new black P2 I bought and started to put the devil in the back of the p2. Somehow it wasn't fitting perfectly and I had no idea why.

No matter how I tried to insert electronics and sound chip, there is a gab between the front and the back side. I finally fastened the 4 inner screws carefully and Somehow could close the gap good as possible even tho the non japanese p2 back is not perfectly fitting. However the result is good, even you can tell that is a P2 back and battery lid. It says now: 1997 made in thailand instead of 1998 made in china 😄 The devil battery lid wasnt fitting for the p2 back. The sound is good, I don't hear a real change, but its hard to tell. Its still loud.

The problem is, there is no japanese edition of a black tamagotchi I think, or its too expensive.

Last but not least I repainted the worn off print in the lower right. I think I did a good job, but NOTHING of that all was easy, I can tell you that.

spacer.png<----repaint job

spacer.pngThe p2 back

spacer.pngGap between front and back and lower right print before repaint job.

Off topic: The market of devilgotchi currently seems to be flooded with white ones^^ But white is along with purple-white my least favorite color among devilgotchi.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
Merged multi-posting.
  • Like 2

I was somehow not really happy with it, so I hand painted the spare shell of the black P2 I bought. 

It is very unique ans has gotten well.

spacer.png

• Like 2

That looks so rad, I love it.

• Like 2