Tinkalila

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

spacer.png

I was surprised to find that there wasn't already a discussion thread for Animal Crossing: New Horizons! Do you plan on purchasing this installment when it releases in March? What plans do you have for your island?

Aaah, I've even preordered the AC Switch ūüė≠ūüíē
I'm honestly so excited for this installment, but I have no idea what I'm going to do on my island yet!

I'm just planning to take it as I go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raichuu said:

Aaah, I've even preordered the AC Switch ūüė≠ūüíē
I'm honestly so excited for this installment, but I have no idea what I'm going to do on my island yet!

I'm just planning to take it as I go!

I haven't pre-ordered yet because I haven't decided where to get it from! I was originally going to pre-order from Target, because I thought the pre-order bonus was cute (it was a journal) but now when I look online, it won't let me pre-order anymore. I'll probably end up pre-ordering from GameStop.

• Like 1

I've pre-ordered the AC Switch from the German Amazon (only place to get it here), I opted to not get a Pre-order bonus (which is a...towel) since it kind of inflated the price a bit too much. I also pre-ordered a physical copy of the game on just a polish site I always get games from because they get them for very cheap. Yes I know the European Switch bundle comes with a game code, but I prefer physical copies, I'll give the code to my friend - a friend who will also get my old Switch! So it works out.

• Like 2

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is my most-anticipated game of the year, easily. :D

I'm planning on paying tribute to other games that I like both within my house and across my island. I'm also really hoping that the Amiibo support matches that of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo, and that the giant-sized furniture items that that update introduced if you had it scan your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer save-file also make a return, as they're great fun to decorate with and will have even more uses now that we can put furniture anywhere outside as well as inside.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Jhud said:

I've pre-ordered the AC Switch from the German Amazon (only place to get it here), I opted to not get a Pre-order bonus (which is a...towel) since it kind of inflated the price a bit too much. I also pre-ordered a physical copy of the game on just a polish site I always get games from because they get them for very cheap. Yes I know the European Switch bundle comes with a game code, but I prefer physical copies, I'll give the code to my friend - a friend who will also get my old Switch! So it works out.

The AC Switch is so nice! I was hoping they'd put some sort subtle of animal crossing pattern on the joycon, instead of just plain blue and green. But they don't seem to have done anything like that for any joycon, as far as I'm aware.

15 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is my most-anticipated game of the year, easily. :D

I'm planning on paying tribute to other games that I like both within my house and across my island. I'm also really hoping that the Amiibo support matches that of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo, and that the giant-sized furniture items that that update introduced if you had it scan your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer save-file also make a return, as they're great fun to decorate with and will have even more uses now that we can put furniture anywhere outside as well as inside.

Same here, I feel like I've been waiting for this game forever! I would also like to see amiibo support, it was really fun in the Welcome Amiibo update.

• Like 1

I Love it!  The Villager Is Taller Than The Previous Villagers (Just like Happy Home Designer!)

3 hours ago, leogames2012 said:

I Love it!  The Villager Is Taller Than The Previous Villagers (Just like Happy Home Designer!)

Weren't the villagers the same height in new leaf? Regardless, I do like the look of the taller villagers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tinkalila said:

I would also like to see amiibo support, it was really fun in the Welcome Amiibo update.

The Amiibo support has been confirmed by the German box-art, which has been doing the rounds online! :D It's just, we don't yet know what form it will take - though hopefully logic prevails and it's just a continuation of what was done with ACNL's Welcome Amiibo update.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tinkalila said:

Weren't the villagers the same height in new leaf? Regardless, I do like the look of the taller villagers!

Yes!  I Know that...

13 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

The Amiibo support has been confirmed by the German box-art, which has been doing the rounds online! :D It's just, we don't yet know what form it will take - though hopefully logic prevails and it's just a continuation of what was done with ACNL's Welcome Amiibo update.

That's fantastic, I hadn't seen that!

• Like 1

Did anyone watch the Nintendo Direct today? The new land forming features look amazing!

• Like 1

I did, and I was very happy to see that the Amiibo support is fairly similar to that of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo. :D The terraforming was completely unexpected! :o

I'm really looking forward to this release. My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf and I enjoyed the heck out of that! :D

Can't say I really have any definitive plans for my island. I'll just be taking it as it goes like I did in New Leaf :lol:

2 hours ago, Nazotchi25 said:

Can't say I really have any definitive plans for my island. I'll just be taking it as it goes like I did in New Leaf :lol:

As far as outdoors goes, I've got one particular thing in mind to make use of the new path-making tool combined with a classic item from the Nintendo set: I'm going to make a Mario Kart race-track somewhere on my island.

Maybe I should make an asteroid-belt to place an Arwing in, too? :lol:

Edited by Penguin-keeper

21 hours ago, Tinkalila said:

Did anyone watch the Nintendo Direct today? The new land forming features look amazing!

The land forming feature got me even more hyped for the game! There's truly so much more customization available in this version and I'm ready for it.^_^

I also don't have any particular plans for how my island is going to look. I like to go with the flow when it comes to animal crossing.

• Like 1