Animal Crossing: New Horizons

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkalila

Reaction score
H2x1_NSwitch_AnimalCrossingNewHorizons_image1600w.jpg

I was surprised to find that there wasn't already a discussion thread for Animal Crossing: New Horizons! Do you plan on purchasing this installment when it releases in March? What plans do you have for your island?

Aaah, I've even preordered the AC Switch 😭💕
I'm honestly so excited for this installment, but I have no idea what I'm going to do on my island yet!

I'm just planning to take it as I go!
I haven't pre-ordered yet because I haven't decided where to get it from! I was originally going to pre-order from Target, because I thought the pre-order bonus was cute (it was a journal) but now when I look online, it won't let me pre-order anymore. I'll probably end up pre-ordering from GameStop.

I've pre-ordered the AC Switch from the German Amazon (only place to get it here), I opted to not get a Pre-order bonus (which is a...towel) since it kind of inflated the price a bit too much. I also pre-ordered a physical copy of the game on just a polish site I always get games from because they get them for very cheap. Yes I know the European Switch bundle comes with a game code, but I prefer physical copies, I'll give the code to my friend - a friend who will also get my old Switch! So it works out.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is my most-anticipated game of the year, easily. :D

I'm planning on paying tribute to other games that I like both within my house and across my island. I'm also really hoping that the Amiibo support matches that of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo, and that the giant-sized furniture items that that update introduced if you had it scan your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer save-file also make a return, as they're great fun to decorate with and will have even more uses now that we can put furniture anywhere outside as well as inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've pre-ordered the AC Switch from the German Amazon (only place to get it here), I opted to not get a Pre-order bonus (which is a...towel) since it kind of inflated the price a bit too much. I also pre-ordered a physical copy of the game on just a polish site I always get games from because they get them for very cheap. Yes I know the European Switch bundle comes with a game code, but I prefer physical copies, I'll give the code to my friend - a friend who will also get my old Switch! So it works out.
The AC Switch is so nice! I was hoping they'd put some sort subtle of animal crossing pattern on the joycon, instead of just plain blue and green. But they don't seem to have done anything like that for any joycon, as far as I'm aware.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is my most-anticipated game of the year, easily. :D

I'm planning on paying tribute to other games that I like both within my house and across my island. I'm also really hoping that the Amiibo support matches that of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo, and that the giant-sized furniture items that that update introduced if you had it scan your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer save-file also make a return, as they're great fun to decorate with and will have even more uses now that we can put furniture anywhere outside as well as inside.
Same here, I feel like I've been waiting for this game forever! I would also like to see amiibo support, it was really fun in the Welcome Amiibo update.

I Love it!  The Villager Is Taller Than The Previous Villagers (Just like Happy Home Designer!)

I would also like to see amiibo support, it was really fun in the Welcome Amiibo update.
The Amiibo support has been confirmed by the German box-art, which has been doing the rounds online! :D It's just, we don't yet know what form it will take - though hopefully logic prevails and it's just a continuation of what was done with ACNL's Welcome Amiibo update.

The Amiibo support has been confirmed by the German box-art, which has been doing the rounds online! :D It's just, we don't yet know what form it will take - though hopefully logic prevails and it's just a continuation of what was done with ACNL's Welcome Amiibo update.
That's fantastic, I hadn't seen that!

I did, and I was very happy to see that the Amiibo support is fairly similar to that of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo. :D The terraforming was completely unexpected! :eek:

I'm really looking forward to this release. My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf and I enjoyed the heck out of that! :D

Can't say I really have any definitive plans for my island. I'll just be taking it as it goes like I did in New Leaf :lol:

Can't say I really have any definitive plans for my island. I'll just be taking it as it goes like I did in New Leaf :lol:
As far as outdoors goes, I've got one particular thing in mind to make use of the new path-making tool combined with a classic item from the Nintendo set: I'm going to make a Mario Kart race-track somewhere on my island.

Maybe I should make an asteroid-belt to place an Arwing in, too? :lol:

Did anyone watch the Nintendo Direct today? The new land forming features look amazing!
The land forming feature got me even more hyped for the game! There's truly so much more customization available in this version and I'm ready for it. ^_^

I also don't have any particular plans for how my island is going to look. I like to go with the flow when it comes to animal crossing.

I'm really looking forward to this release. My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf and I enjoyed the heck out of that! :D

New Leaf was essentially my first Animal Crossing game as well! I did have Wild World but I never got into it. I poured around 700 hours into New Leaf!

The land forming feature got me even more hyped for the game! There's truly so much more customization available in this version and I'm ready for it. ^_^

I also don't have any particular plans for how my island is going to look. I like to go with the flow when it comes to animal crossing.
I also tend to go with the flow to some extent! I do have some general themes in mind though. I've seen some amazing and detailed map planning from some people in the community, but I wouldn't go that far myself without knowing exactly how much can be done with the terraforming!

I wasn’t sure I was going to buy it. My last round of AC was Wii, City Folk. I played it off and on but it turned into something to make me tired before bed... and a battery eater for the controller. 

I did end up buying it to have something to do during my vacation/pandemic week... (or whatever...) I had a good time with it so far, but once it gets to a certain point with builds/characters being in the town... idk what it will be then. It’s a good game to keep me busy for the time being. I have oranges (and soon coconuts/apples) for now. Still working on the basics. 

That was pretty much what I did all week since we got locked down next day. I am trying to keep playing it every day. I thought I had the internet pass but apparently do not. So I am just working on getting things to share later. Payed off Nook twice now. To the part where I am getting my new neighbors.

Although, being essential though... it’s random how long I play. 

Latest posts

Back