What's the difference between m!x and meets?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizalinatchi

Reaction score
Particularly for the Sanrio m!x (pink) vs. meets (also pink). I think the m!x was sold at toys R us, but what is the difference functionality wise? Any improvements, features, etc.

The last Tamagotchi I've owned is the Tamagotchi Friends.

The Meets is the most recent line of colour models, and the M!x was its predecessor.

The Meets continues on from the M!x in that it has a genetics system (so, when you marry off your Tamagotchi, its offspring will inherit traits from parents, grandparents, and so on), though it also offers pets for your Tamagotchi, and the ability to raise twins - both twin Tamagotchis and twin pets. It also has Bluetooth and can connect to a mobile application that will allow you to marry your Tamagotchi to those of other users, or to whatever guest character is currently available.

The Tamagotchi Meets is notable for being the first Western release of an English-language colour Tamagotchi, under the name of Tamagotchi On, though it's only available in North America, with no word on whether or not this will change.

The m!x doesn't have bluetooth connectivity and will not connect to the app or the meets. The gameplay is similar, but breeding on the m!x is limited to characters on the device and other m!xes. You can also get twins and pets on the meets.

Last edited by a moderator:
So absolutely no difference between the Meets and m!x other than the m!x being the predecessor?
I described the differences in the paragraph following the line that you quoted. ;) Eggiweg has also reiterated them.

I described the differences in the paragraph following the line that you quoted. ;) Eggiweg has also reiterated them.
Oh, oops, my brain was a cobweb for a moment. I get that, only since I knew the whole program is in Japanese it would be difficult to navigate, so Bluetooth didn't even phase my mind.

The m!x doesn't have bluetooth connectivity and will not connect to the app or the meets. The gameplay is similar, but breeding on the m!x is limited to characters on the device and other m!xes. You can also get twins and pets on the meets.
So I guess the m!x is better for those who prefer to stick to the Tama's only and in connecting to other m!x's? Does that mean the Tamagotchi m!x/ON/meets requires more than one tamagotchi of the same kind to unlock everything there is for hidden features?

So I guess the m!x is better for those who prefer to stick to the Tama's only and in connecting to other m!x's? Does that mean the Tamagotchi m!x/ON/meets requires more than one tamagotchi of the same kind to unlock everything there is for hidden features?
The m!x doesn't lag unlike the meets, so if you don't like connecting to the app, this would be the better alternative. Yes, you do need at least 2 other tamas to unlock locations on most versions (the anniversary m!x being an exception). There are some guides to each of the devices on this website: https://tamatown.com/guides/meets/

So I guess the m!x is better for those who prefer to stick to the Tama's only and in connecting to other m!x's?
I agree with @Eggiweg's recommendation, but I just wanted to point out that the Meets/On is still fine for this, in my experience. I don't use and don't care about the app, and using the device solo hasn't had any impact. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back