Tamagotchi Character Neglect from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi ^o^

Reaction score
Slight rant time! I am kind of disappointed that Bandai/Sanrio keeps forgetting about Chococat, he's personally my favorite Sanrio character and he would've been so cute to breed tama's with in the Sanrio Meets. They forgot about him in the Sanrio Pierce for the P's, the Sanrio M!X, and now the Sanrio Meets. It's the same with Mimitchi, he used to be the mascot for TMGC in the vintage era and now he's not even a playable/breedable character in the new Tamagotchi's. I know he makes a cameo in the Sports Plaza when you play Tug'o'War, but that's it. I'm not sure Chococat even makes a cameo at all. I'm just kinda disappointed is all. Oh well.

Are there any characters any of you feel like Bandai is neglecting that you would like to see return? Whats going on anyways?

It's the same with Mimitchi, he used to be the mascot for TMGC in the vintage era
Mametchi was the mascot in the 1990s, I thought? 😕

Are there any characters any of you feel like Bandai is neglecting that you would like to see return?
Tarakotchi. :D

Whats going on anyways?
Simply that what we see now is what sells to the target audience in Japan, which appears to have led to the phasing out of many of the "odd"-looking species in favour of those that resemble miniature people.

besides of course my obvious bias, i really would like to see a lot of the vintage and connection-era tamagotchi with simple designs but immediately recognizable silhouettes return, the dozens of ones with clothes and big eyelash eyes are all fine and good too i guess, but i would like more of a variety of both of them (and yes, definitely Tarakotchi :tarakotchi: )

that being said a few of the newer station-exclusive tamagotchi do kind of fill the void lately, i really like the dinosaur with the egg head, the one with the big fuzzy body and the lion dog head, and the stumpy namahage most out of them :ichigotchi:

(and yes, definitely Tarakotchi :tarakotchi: )
lKEBjyf.jpg

Tarakotchi has taken time out of his oh-so-busy schedule to thank you. ;)

that being said a few of the newer station-exclusive tamagotchi do kind of fill the void lately, i really like the dinosaur with the egg head, the one with the big fuzzy body and the lion dog head, and the stumpy namahage most out of them :ichigotchi:
I've noticed similar via other people's pictures from the Tamagotchi Meets/On app, too - it was certainly nice to see Maskutchi show up, for example.

I always assumed the two characters in the spaceship on the Japanese package art for the P1 & P2 were Mimitchi and Hashizotchi, but it could also be Mametchi! I don't know why I assumed it was Mimitchi!
The packaging art is pretty abstracted, so that's a fair interpretation! :) Either way, I think that it's fair to say that both Mametchi and Mimitchi were the de-facto mascots of the era, since they were the perfect-care characters on their respective devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed similar via other people's pictures from the Tamagotchi Meets/On app, too - it was certainly nice to see Maskutchi show up, for example.
yeah, i was really excited about that! i remember Mimitchi making an appearance at some point, too (i still see the genes around pretty regularly since they're all pretty popular), and knowing they have sprites and everything for a decent group of older ones from the Anniversary m!x and the LINE app makes me hopeful they might at least make the ones from there accessible at a future point, since Maskutchi was accessible in both of those before coming to the On app

i'd love to see Nyorotchi or Tarakotchi next, although i'm not totally sure how they'd pull off the mixed genes with the former :p

latest

the sprite they have for it is precious, though, i'd love a chance to get one even if the traits stick to it weird and it doesn't have much to pass on :lol:

i remember Mimitchi making an appearance at some point, too ... they have sprites and everything for a decent group of older ones from the Anniversary m!x
I just found out earlier that Mimitchi was on the 20th Anniversary M!X, so now I'm definitely going to be getting that as soon as I can, Lol! It'll be a pain transferring genes though, I'll have to breed the Anniversary with my JPN meets and then my JPN meets with my On. It would be easier to have Mimitchi on the app or on a Meets/On.

i'd love to see Nyorotchi or Tarakotchi next,
I think that would be adorable! I think for Nyorotchi his lips, eyes, and color would be genes that could pass on. Maybe even his body, having heads from other tama's being the other mixing gene. Ex: Nyorotchi body and Mametchi head? It would look super funny, but would still be charming IMO. :)

Either way, I think that it's fair to say that both Mametchi and Mimitchi were the de-facto mascots of the era, since they were the perfect-care characters on their respective devices.
Yeah, I can definitely agree with that! I wonder why Hashizotchi was featured too then, lol.

i'd love to see Nyorotchi
I did a little something experimenting with Nyorotchi's genes! :D  

pixil-frame-0 (2).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back