How to play the (new-new)Tamagotchi's today?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizalinatchi

Reaction score
It has been since the Friends that I've touched the Tamagotchi franchise, however I wish to get back into it.

For starters I'll try one of the Japanese one's, since it was the cheapest I could get it. However, it is nerve-racking since I would have no idea what would be going on due to the language barrier.

From memory, the served purpose of the Tamagotchi is to raise a 'pet' of sorts. I am also aware of some additions such as:

-Pets (Actual pets)

-Color (wow)

-Different Locations(?)

-"Mixing" Feature, which is like family traits passed on.

I know mini-games and some other feature may be prevalent, but I am lost in all the Japanese text. What is the "goal" of this gen's Tamagotchi other than having "fun" and games.

[Edit: I am also very antsy with the Tamagotchi this time around, since they average 89 USD. I also panic at the idea of leaving fingerprints and grime. I know there is protective equipment, but I'm wondering if I should wait for it to arrive or start up the Tama anyway. My only problem is do they get dirty very easily? Will it survive two weeks of safe handling if I were to open and play with it now? Again, I am a new user to the very-expensive Tamagotchi.] Would wearing gloves help, or only escalate the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike previous versions like the IDL and Ps, where the goal is to raise every avaliable character and unlock new locations and features, the ON/Meets/m!x doesn't really have a definitive goal other than gene mixing, some people find it gets boring after a while. As for scratches, you can use cling wrap or chuck it in a clear lunch bag temporarily, fingerprints can be wiped off quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back