Meets tamagotchi - General questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizalinatchi

Reaction score
1. Isn't a feature of the meets suppose to be automatic naming of My Tamagotchi?

2. Can the happiness meter not be filled fully until the Adult stage?

3. Can Tamagotchis be potty-trained?

4. For the second to last icon, third option, does the limit of photos increase over time? I would really like to take more than nine.

5. What is the use of buying more than one product?

6. Is it true that there is a Tamagotchi at the Park you can meet between 7 - 8am who will give you a discount coupon?

7. Why does the Adult Tamagotchi not like the easy food in the fridge from home?

13. Is it all right to leave your Tamagotchi for a period of time after the Baby stage?  Would missing the doodoo drop on time not count as perfect care, and what amounts to perfect care/mistakes?

14. If you were to leave your Tamagotchi at the hotel or in their parents care, what effect does that have on raising it? Does it not count, keep up or lower your treatment towards it, since you weren't directly taking after them.

8(optional). Has the Tamagotchi device ever impeded your work schedule? Like, you were so dedicated to perfect care that you had to stop what you were doing or spend an hour constantly multi-tasking to monitor them?

9.[Edit:concern] Is it [just] a theory that the type of care given will influence genetics? Makes sense, but it shouldn't be a major concern(?).

10.{Extra} Is there a graph that details the times a Tamagotchi may be hungry/has a desire? Or is it random?

11.{Extra} If the Happiness bar is full and the Tamagotchi is sated, what affect would it cause if you were to continually play/cater to them? Does it add to some hidden calculation or is it pure fun?

12.[Edit:concern] How dangerous is it to take out the batteries? I've read people do it as a temporary pause, but isn't there a limit to how long the batteries are out until everything is erased? [Say, if you were burned out and wanted a month or a whole year break from the Tamagotchi, would this be necessary?]

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Isn't a feature of the meets suppose to be automatic naming of My Tamagotchi?
Yes. Normally once you start a new generation the child will have a random name (I'm not sure what they are because it's in Japanese). The Meet's counterpart, the ON, does not have any predetermined names, so you have to name them yourself.

2. Can the happiness meter not be filled fully until the Adult stage?
Yes. The most it can be filled to before the adult stage is halfway.

3. Can Tamagotchis be potty-trained?
No, not on the Meets. I think the only Tama that had a potty training feature was the Tamago.

4. For the second to last icon, third option, does the limit of photos increase over time? I would really like to take more than nine.
I don't think so. Nine is the most you can have at once.

5. What is the use of buying more than one product?
Do you mean buying the different items? Or multiples of one item? There's no use in buying multiples of one, but buying the different items will help your Tama raise their friendship levels with the Tamas in the towns. Each one has a different favorite item, so visiting them with that item will raise the friend level quicker. Here's a list if you'd like. 

6. Is it true that there is a Tamagotchi at the Park you can meet between 7 - 8am who will give you a discount coupon?
Yes. Here's a full list of the items and what they do.

7. Why does the Adult Tamagotchi not like the easy food in the fridge from home?
I'm not sure, but I think it's to encourage you to buy the foods at the restaurants. I don't know why they want you to do that, but it's been a feature on most (if not all) of the color versions for some reason.

8(optional). Has the Tamagotchi device ever impeded your work schedule? Like, you were so dedicated to perfect care that you had to stop what you were doing or spend an hour constantly multi-tasking to monitor them?
Luckily the Meets/ON has a daycare feature, so there's been no need to be constantly monitoring them. There's two options: The Tama Hotel and the parent's house. You can send your Tama to these locations at any time (except after 5p.m.) and at any stage (except for the baby stage). They'll be returned to you at 5p.m. though, so make sure you don't forget! I would recommend exclusively using the parent's house for your daycare needs if you get a Meets because the Tama Hotel has a glitch that prevents your Tama from aging. (This glitch has been removed from the ON as far as I can tell, but I would be cautious...) 

9.[Edit:concern] Is it [just] a theory that the type of care given will influence genetics? Makes sense, but it shouldn't be a major concern(?).

This is just a theory, but it's not confirmed. Here's the theory if you want to check it out, but there's no guaranteed way to get the genes you want. You've just got to keep trying and see what you get. 

10.{Extra} Is there a graph that details the times a Tamagotchi may be hungry/has a desire? Or is it random?

There's no graph for attention calls, but it's not really random either. It depends on how you take care of them and how full their stats are. Your Tamas neediness will go down the older it gets, so just checking on them every couple of hours and filling their stats when you do will be enough. The longer you run them, the more in tune you'll be to their needs. The only stage that needs fairly constant care is the baby stage, but that only lasts an hour and they cannot die during that time.

11.{Extra} If the Happiness bar is full and the Tamagotchi is sated, what affect would it cause if you were to continually play/cater to them? Does it add to some hidden calculation or is it pure fun?

If you constantly play/cater to them once their stats are full, it will only keep their stats that way. I suppose it would have the added benefit of raising a lot of money if you're playing the mini games.

12.[Edit:concern] How dangerous is it to take out the batteries? I've read people do it as a temporary pause, but isn't there a limit to how long the batteries are out until everything is erased? [Say, if you were burned out and wanted a month or a whole year break from the Tamagotchi, would this be necessary?]

There's no danger to worry about. The Meets/ON has a download function, so you can keep the batteries out as long as you like. I've got Tamas that I haven't run in years that still have the previous Tama saved. Vintage Tamagotchis are the only ones that don't have a download feature. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Normally once you start a new generation the child will have a random name (I'm not sure what they are because it's in Japanese). The Meet's counterpart, the ON, does not have any predetermined names, so you have to name them yourself.
The japanese name is usually an amalgamation of the parents' base types e.g. a mametchi x lovelitchi --> mamelove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back