Should Lovelitchi and Melodytchi be considered lesbians?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Lovelitchi and Melodytchi be considered lesbians?

• Total voters

Timogotchi19

Reaction score
I've seen some people on the internet say that Lovelitchi and Melodytchi should take their Tama-Friendship to the next level and become lesbians. What do you all think? Should Bandai listen and do the deed or should they leave them without explicit sexual orientations?

Lovelitchi and Melodytchi should take their Tama-Friendship to the next level 
Also That Quote I´ve Mentioned Is Based On Jetix. All Idents From Late 2000s Until 2009 (Which Disney XD Replaced it) Says Let´s Take to The Next Level and Then says. JETIX!

No. Tamagotchi Is a Kids Toy. So NO Lgbt Okay.
I'm also opposed to the idea of Lovelitchi & Melodytchi being lesbians, but the reason being because I'm a multi-shipper when it comes to Mametchi, and him with Lovelitchi is one of my ships (I'd also ship him with Melodytchi if she understood the meaning of love).

Although, being for kids isn't an excuse to leave out LGBT stuff, because some shows marketed for kids have shown it's fair share of LGBT couples (For example, Ruby and Sapphire from Steven Universe, Marceline and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time, Clyde's fathers from The Loud House, Mr. Ratburn from Arthur, even Doc McStuffins briefly featured a lesbian couple).

I'm also opposed to the idea of Lovelitchi & Melodytchi being lesbians, but the reason being because I'm a multi-shipper when it comes to Mametchi, and him with Lovelitchi is one of my ships (I'd also ship him with Melodytchi if she understood the meaning of love).

Although, being for kids isn't an excuse to leave out LGBT stuff, because some shows marketed for kids have shown it's fair share of LGBT couples (For example, Ruby and Sapphire from Steven Universe, Marceline and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time, Clyde's fathers from The Loud House, Mr. Ratburn from Arthur, even Doc McStuffins briefly featured a lesbian couple).
Also. Above I Say.

Also That Quote I´ve Mentioned Is Based On Jetix. All Idents From Late 2000s Until 2009 (Which Disney XD Replaced it) Says Let´s Take to The Next Level and Then says. JETIX!

6 minutes ago, leogames2012 said:

See? @Timogotchi19

Know?

And Okay.. My Characters And Ocs Are Staright. Even Though Joe is Homosexual He Is not Gay Okay.

Yeah, I know "the next level" was a common slogan for Jetix and Jetix was the bomb, but that's off-topic.
Yes. The Next Level Was Used for Jetix.  I Did Not Know What Did The Narrator Say The Next Level. I say This!

And Okay.. My Characters And Ocs Are Staright. Even Though Joe is Homosexual He Is not Gay Okay.
And in case anyone makes a rebuttal on our mutual opinion that Lovelitchi & Melodytchi shouldn't be lesbians, well I'll just fight fire with fire.

"She was really excited to meet Melodytchi!" ~ One of Lovelitchi's personality traits is her eagerness to meet new people in spite of her timidness.

"They were riding on a rainbow during Happy Happy Harmony!" ~ Rainbows are a common symbol of sheer joy and are not exclusive to LGBT.

"B...B...But the lyrics for Happy Heart!" ~ Lovelitchi's songs weren't addressing anyone in particular, Happy Heart being no different. Most songs like that aren't addressing anyone in particular unless the singer explicitly says otherwise.

"B...B...But they were shown holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes early into the anime!" ~ Don't girls normally do stuff like that when they consider each other besties?

And in case anyone makes a rebuttal on our mutual opinion that Lovelitchi & Melodytchi shouldn't be lesbians, well I'll just fight fire with fire.

"She was really excited to meet Melodytchi!" ~ One of Lovelitchi's personality traits is her eagerness to meet new people in spite of her timidness.

"They were riding on a rainbow during Happy Happy Harmony!" ~ Rainbows are a common symbol of sheer joy and are not exclusive to LGBT.

"B...B...But the lyrics for Happy Heart!" ~ Lovelitchi's songs weren't addressing anyone in particular, Happy Heart being no different. Most songs like that aren't addressing anyone in particular unless the singer explicitly says otherwise.

"B...B...But they were shown holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes early into the anime!" ~ Don't girls normally do stuff like that when they consider each other besties?
That Are Their Pensonality. Dont Make Her Angry Okay.. Or YOU WILL MAKE HER CRYING!

Also That Quote But the lyrics are for Happy heart. The Lyrics Are for Happy heart.

Also Rainbows Comes From The Sky And When The Rain Stops The Rainbow Will appears! That is The Symbol Of That I agree. Dude.

obviously they're not going to make it explicitly canon and we don't expect that from big companies, but i really don't see any reason to be "against" the idea of queer people interpreting them as lesbians? lovelitchi and melodytchi don't particularly interest me, so i don't have much of an opinion although i'm queer myself (though i have seen an interpretation of lovelitchi's whole secret identity arc being very easy to read as an allegory for being transgender even if it wasn't necessarily intended and i agree, though personally kuromametchi was the absolutely standout Egg to me during my watch), but i think something nice about fiction is that people can interpret it whatever way makes them happy, and if a lesbian thinks that their relationship resonates with her own experiences then i think that's nice

(also, something being for kids really isn't a good argument against including queer themes, queer kids exist, i was one myself, and i honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the people interpreting lovelitchi and melodytchi as lesbians are young lesbian girls/early teens in fandom)

What would them being lesbians actually entail in practice?

What would them being lesbians actually entail in practice?
Inclusivity and Diversity among central characters, which might allow Bandai to go so far as to giving competitors like Hasbro a run for their money.

In honesty, though, as I said before, I'm opposed to the idea, the reason being that I'm a multi-shipper when it comes to Mametchi, and him with Lovelitchi is one of my ships (I'd also ship him with Melodytchi if she understood the meaning of love).

That said, I wouldn't mind Bandai portraying LGBT through other methods.

Inclusivity and Diversity among central characters, which might allow Bandai to go so far as to giving competitors like Hasbro a run for their money.

In honesty, though, as I said before, I'm opposed to the idea, the reason being that I'm a multi-shipper when it comes to Mametchi, and him with Lovelitchi is one of my ships (I'd also ship him with Melodytchi if she understood the meaning of love).

That said, I wouldn't mind Bandai portraying LGBT through other methods.
I meant, how would you know they’re lesbians? The label of “lesbian” is so vaguely defined that, as you said, people already call them that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant, how would you know they’re lesbians? The label of “lesbian” is so vaguely defined that, as you said, people already call them that.
The common definition of lesbian is two females who have romantic feelings for each other.

I don't know too much about romance myself, homosexual or otherwise. I'm 19 and have yet to experience such a relationship.

I dunno...I just really want a dub of the anime so Lovelitchi & Melodytchi's relationship can finally be clarified to us English speakers.

Sorry to be bumping into this topic, but while I'm certainly not against anyone who ships these two, isn't melodytchi canonically clueless about love in the anime? It probably wouldn't have worked out even if lovelitchi actually WAS crushing on her.

Especially considering certain episodes that showcased that she has no idea what romantic love even is. Like that valentine episode when they were trying to figure out who wrote that valentine letter to her, thinking it was from someone crushing on her. (And she had no idea what was even going on.) Not to mention, I honestly don't get why people try to use that episode as proof that the two are in love with each other when lovelitchi herself was helping the girls figure out who wrote that letter to melodytchi, only to then find out that it was the one she made. 

There was also that one episode where this character (I believe his name is princetchi?) was falling in love with melodytchi and asking her to marry him, and she went along with it not even knowing what marriage meant, nor even knowing that he was crushing on her to begin with.

I'm indifferent to the ship itself so it doesn't matter to me whether people ship the two or not, obviously they can ship whoever they want and have fun with it, so if anyone ships these two, by all means continue on! Even though I'm indifferent to it, it is a pretty cute ship idea nonetheless.

Sorry to be bumping into this topic, but while I'm certainly not against anyone who ships these two, isn't melodytchi canonically clueless about love in the anime? It probably wouldn't have worked out even if lovelitchi actually WAS crushing on her.

Especially considering certain episodes that showcased that she has no idea what romantic love even is. Like that valentine episode when they were trying to figure out who wrote that valentine letter to her, thinking it was from someone crushing on her. (And she had no idea what was even going on.) Not to mention, I honestly don't get why people try to use that episode as proof that the two are in love with each other when lovelitchi herself was helping the girls figure out who wrote that letter to melodytchi, only to then find out that it was the one she made. 

There was also that one episode where this character (I believe his name is princetchi?) was falling in love with melodytchi and asking her to marry him, and she went along with it not even knowing what marriage meant, nor even knowing that he was crushing on her to begin with.

I'm indifferent to the ship itself so it doesn't matter to me whether people ship the two or not, obviously they can ship whoever they want and have fun with it, so if anyone ships these two, by all means continue on! Even though I'm indifferent to it, it is a pretty cute ship idea nonetheless.
Couldn't have said it better myself, Tama-Friend.

I'm personally opposed to the idea because I'm a multi-shipper when it comes to Mametchi, and Lovelitchi is one of my ships for the adorable genius (if Melodytchi understood love, she would be another).

Latest posts

Back