Would Bandai ever release outside N.America?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizalinatchi

Reaction score
I don’t mind the first color English release of Tamagotchi to be mainly headed in North America, but if they really want Tamagotchi to be a global phenomenon again, they should release it world wide.

What is with them holding back? Maybe the idea of a ‘colour Tamagotchi’ is still too fresh?

Maybe because once they do, the popular retro models wouldn’t be favoured as much? It doesn’t seem to be the case.

Also, is the English translation of the Fairy/Magic meets to ON accurate or close enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the English version of the ON is completely English! I own one, and I haven't seen any glitches or them say something in a different language!

I am pretty sure Bandi will not release the Tamgotchi everywhere in the world is because of the language. I think they just don't want to go though all of the trouble translating on making patches for the Tamas, so they just stick to a few places. Also, they might get more complaints, and they would not want that either.   :babytchi:  

I don't understand what you mean by: 

"Also, how to preserve Family history if the cap is 20?"

Maybe sum it up a bit. Thanks.

Hope his helps you!  :tarakotchi:

Actually, the English version of the ON is completely English! I own one, and I haven't seen any glitches or them say something in a different language!

I am pretty sure Bandi will not release the Tamgotchi everywhere in the world is because of the language. I think they just don't want to go though all of the trouble translating on making patches for the Tamas, so they just stick to a few places. Also, they might get more complaints, and they would not want that either.   :babytchi:  

I don't understand what you mean by: 

"Also, how to preserve Family history if the cap is 20?"

Maybe sum it up a bit. Thanks.

Hope his helps you!  :tarakotchi:
Thanks, and I was thinking of other English speaking places such as Australia and the UK, but I suppose they would have to translate it to AU English and UK English. 

I haven't reached the point yet where the family generation is 20, but for family history I read there was a limit of 20 (visible) members. I wondered why there was this limit, and maybe its because it takes data, so that means when you finally hit generation 21, your 1st generation is deleted to make space for the new generation. Now the question is if the data is stored and becomes view-able on the app, or it is gone forever.

I think bandai plans to release worldwide. The thing is that they can't for the moment. If you go to bandai america webside ans check the retailers, you will see that all of them have problems to keep all the références in stock. They just cant supply the usa, Canada, japan, and corea. And the rest of the world too. Because the tamafans in france for exemple, already got the on and the meets. ( and mix, ps etc...) as you can see, one ou two days ago, they release new contents on the app with the challenge section. That shows that bandai plans the on for many years. They have annonced a big news for fall 2020. So maybe the release of an american fantasy as shown at the New York toy fair.

Concerning the fact that they are afraid of the on vampirising the sell of reeditions: no bandai said that the strategy was to call back the fans of the original that are now in they're 30, so that they can make discover tamagotchi to they're child. The proof  is that the last reeditions of the 90's models wasn't release in europe. They release them in north america, where they sell the on too.

Concerning the language: no. The on box already contain some french. And they lost time to release tamagotchi some in korea, a tamagotchi only for south korea? Is it really a good idea? They could patch it in chinese and sell it to more people, or on spanish for spain and a lot of south american  country... in europe we always got  english tamagotchi, and if one day they release the on in europe, they surely just choose the english version as usual.

The proof  is that the last reeditions of the 90's models wasn't release in europe. They release them in north america, where they sell the on too.
They were released in the UK, though. That's why it's a bit puzzling that the On hasn't been released outside of North America.

a tamagotchi only for south korea? Is it really a good idea?
Yes, actually - my understanding is that it's a good market for such devices. ;)

They were released in the UK, though. That's why it's a bit puzzling that the On hasn't been released outside of North America.

Yes, actually - my understanding is that it's a good market for such devices. ;)
Yes probably. But apparently the tamagotchi some can't connect to the app. I dont really understand the logic... and well each country has his own bandai branch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back