Faded screen on classic Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamtamagotchi

Reaction score
I was planning on running an older classic Tamagotchi once I got home but I remembered that my morino had a super faded screen (got it used and it arrived like that afaik) I was wondering if there was a way to get the screen fixed or if I'd just have to replace the whole thing

First things first, try tightening up all screws in the unit - this can sometimes fix this sort of thing.

Secondly, if the above doesn't help, super-carefully bend the battery contacts up a little bit using a tiny flat-head screwdriver. I always do this with old virtual pets anyway, because age and use (or, for new-old-stock units, being stored for decades with batteries inside) tends to push the contacts downward, and it can prevent proper contact from being made with the batteries.

If neither of those work, it most likely means that the polariser (part of the display) has deteriorated due to being stored in poor conditions by the previous owner.

How far up would you recommend the contacts be? I wouldn't want to put them up too high or snap them off
I usually just eyeball it, honestly; I've probably only ever moved them up by about a millimetre or so so. If you've never done it before, it might be a good idea compare to the look of how far up the contacts are on a known-good device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly I can confirm neither fixed it. Luckily morinos aren't super super expensive to get new, (especially considering the current MSRP of the On's so I just went ahead and got a new one from a well rated seller on eBay and I'll just keep the old one for spare screws and buttons since everything else with it seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back