I haven't found much info on this virtual pet made by M&D, so I started a topic hoping to catalog some of the characters I get.

There a guide for this pet by Melissatchi on Instagram: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n43ymdhgaqssc1f/NANA MOON FAIRY-PET GUIDE.pdf?dl=0

Alongside raising your pet, you're tasked with gathering the '7 magical treasures'. Treasures 1-5 can be obtained by purchasing and using items from the in-game shop. Treaasure 6 is a telescope item which had been theorised to be unlocked by connecting to another maxi 10 times, and Treasure 7 may have something to do with inputting a passcode when you've obtained 6/7 treasures.

Here's what I got from my first run:

7o0NA8u.png

I'll update as I unlock characters, but I'm mainly creating this topic to gather info from others who've run this pet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love this thread, I have just started playing mine again today! I've not run it in a long time, and didn't get that far before (gen 2). I seem to remember it was hit or miss whether it saved your data; I believe if the batteries die it saves the data for 10/20seconds (enough time to put a fresh battery in, keep spare ones on standby!), but if working batteries are left in, it will always have the download/reset option & you can pause it like this if you don't want to use the school option.

I'm starting to keep track of what I am doing with mine this time, and aiming to unlock everything. Hopefully I can help in gathering info. Melissa's guide is super helpful too! 

Looking forward to following your runs of this! (Are you on instagram?)

• Like 2

I was wondering about whether the nana moon saved your progress, thanks for the tip. Currently I'm just waiting for the matchmaker so I can start a new gen. Also I don't have an instagram unfortunately -_-

• Like 1

I tried it out with my spare one; nanamoons save progress while a working battery is in the device. If the battery is removed (or goes dead) progress only saves for 20seconds. It is enough time to change a dying battery for a new one. & When the battery is dying, the pixels/screen become very feint so its easy to tell. 

Mine is a toddler at the moment (same male toddler in your photo). I'm looking forward to seeing which character you get next! :D

• Like 2

I finished my 2nd run of the nana moon maxi, and was surprised to get a new adult character despite my awful care. Thinking back on it, I should have ordered two maxis to do the item transfer trick.

nsLRDFz.png

NwQKBMJ.png

• Like 2

Got a girl this time.

9NFv6l8.png

KU4oMK5.png

• Like 2

After getting 2 repeat characters in a row, I pulled the plug on this device. It is a really difficult pet to run! I might revisit it sometime in the future, hopefully with a second device.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Eggiweg
      I got this odd pet in a lot, and it initially didn't work, but after disassembling it, I found that one of the capacitors on the board had come loose and the metal part that connects the two LR44 batteries together was missing.
      It comes in a dinkie dino shaped shell, and from the sprites, I think that this pet is a gyaoppi variant called the 'cute pet' listed on tamenargerie's odd pet page (links under the spoiler).
      There are 4 buttons, the first scrolls through icons, the 2nd and 3rd seem to have the same function, which is to select options and bring up the clock screen. The 4th button is the cancel button. The sound is quite loud, I've tried pressing combinations of these 4 buttons, but haven't found a way to turn off sound or reset the clock.
      The hatching animation showed a volcano erupting, and then a screen with a pulsating egg. Strangely enough, my pet hatched sick, with a skull icon above it's head.
      There are 10 icons, in order they are:
      Food (two options, a rice bowl? and seeds?) Lights Game Exercise (I've also seen this exercise animation on the cyberpet) Medical cross (brings up an animation of an ambulance, increases health bar but decreases happiness, can be used even when pet it not sick) Toilet Status Book (decreases happiness) Attention icon (non-selectable) Door The stats screen displays your pet's age, weight, hunger, EQ, happiness, health and IQ.

Selecting the Education and Door icons doesn't seem to do anything, maybe they only work when the pet calls for them. In the game, a heart flashes between two boxes and you have time your press to 'capture' the heart in a box. You can easily win by spamming the 1st button, as the heart will always spawn in the left box first. Winning increases both happiness and IQ.
      Edit: I tried the door icon today, and a box/door appeared onscreen, which the character went into. Maybe it acts as a sort of daycare function, as I now cannot do anything to the pet with the exception of checking the status. Clicking on the door icon again does nothing.
      Has anyone heard of this pet before? (Images under the spolier)
    • By OneSummerDream
      Hi, I have a question regarding the Nana Moon, more specifically the 6th item that needs to be collected. The 7th and final one is received via a code after collecting the other 6, but that begs the question: how is the telescope (6th item) obtained? It can’t be bought in the normal store (or at least, supposedly), and I haven’t seen a code for it either. So, how are we supposed to get it? Iirc it might require marrying (maybe w/ another device), but I might be tripping lol. If you know, please help. Thank you!

(P.S. As an unrelated, optional question: Is the Nana Moon Mini worth it? Is it any easier or better in any way?)
    • By Eggiweg
      https://www.facebook.com/GigaPetsAreBack/
      http://gigapetsar.com/
      http://gigapetsar.com/design-contest/
    • By Talking_Sword
      Hello. I want to buy Qpet. I searched on Taobao and most of them costs around 50 CNY. But other Taobao sellers selling for prices up to 130 CNY. Also, it costs $31.49 on DHgate. So, those which sold for around 50 CNY are fake, or the more expensive ones are just overpriced, and cheap ones are genuine? What is real Qpet price?

And also i have similar question about Meng Yue Jingling(梦月精灵 aka Nana Moon) virtual pets. I spotted them on Aliexpress and they're also cheap (around $6 incl. shipping). Are these fake or genuine?
    • By Eternal Mametchi Fan
      Hello friends. Who here knows about the Chinese virtual pet called Nana Moon? It's original name is 梦月精灵, which means 'Dream of the Wizards' or something like that.
      I don't know much about these pets but the characters look ULTRA CUTE. There are two videos on Youtube about them.
      Video of the Mini version
      Video of the Maxi version

I don't know much about them but I still want one so badly because of the characters. There's also a cartoon based on these pets; unfortunately it's Chinese, while only two episodes are dubbed in English. Here's one of them -

[Amy's in her fully evolved form in the OP, but she doesn't actually evolve in the anime until season 2]

It's about a girl called Cocoa who gets transported by her virtual pet to a magical world called Nana Moon. She befriends Princess Amy and must save Nana Moon and all its Moon Genies from upcoming disaster, but meanwhile, Liza and her minions are jealous of Amy and because they want to rule the kingdom instead.

It looks a lot like anime and the characters remind me of Tamagotchi. X3
      You can find the Nana Moon virtual pets on Tamagotchishop, Aliexpress, or Taobao.

I wish there was a full sub/dub of the cartoon. ;3;
    • By Eternal Mametchi Fan
      Hello! When I was about 10 years old, maybe younger, I saw a digital virtual pet/device in Target for pretty cheap... I think it was $10 or less. But anyway, I only saw it ONCE and the next time I went to Target, it wasn't there. I've never seen or heard about it since then, and I even looked through some of those oddpet websites but I don't think I found it... I'm not sure if it was even a pet, maybe just some other random animal-related device.

But anyway, I remember the toy or packaging being mostly red. It was rectangle-shaped, with only two buttons, and it was at a 45-degree angle in the packaging. I thought it was called "My Pet Shop" or something similar, but I googled that and couldn't find anything accurate. I think there was a building on the packaging, presumably a pet shop, and there were some pixelated animals including a bat.

Does this pet ring any bells? I doubt it, but it's worth a shot asking.