Do Tamagotchi grow while sleeping?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamtamagotchi

Reaction score
I seem to recall some trick from awhile back that involved changing the time on older classic models to a time when they would be asleep as opposed to just stopping the clock all together in order to let them grow without gathering care mistakes or dying. 

Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

I dont know if it's what you mean but, baby stage is one hour. And the next stage 24h (depend on the tama but it's an example) so if your baby change to toddler at 5 pm, it will evolve the next day at 5 pm. And so on. Sleeping is just a pause, it doesnt influence anything.

(disclaimer: I haven't run a vintage in maybe 2 years, so I'm answering purely from memory and personal experience)

Yep, the time your tamagotchi sleeps counts towards its next evolution! If it evolved into a toddler at 9 am, and then later that night slept from 8 pm to 7 am, it would still evolve again into a teen at 9 am. This rule applies to all models.

One thing to note is that on the 90s models (I think they fixed it for connections and onwards), everytime your tamagotchi's clock passes midnight, it's age will go up by 1 year.

So yes, the hack of changing the clock to when your tamagotchi should be sleeping will still let them evolve into their next form on time, but just beware that when you check their stats, the age displayed isn't accurate due to how it's programmed to count the years.

I use this hack all the time when I get busy but still want a good care character. I recommend it as long as you're fine with your tamagotchi appearing to be older than it actually is!  :lol:

Did changing the date works too?
You can change the date, but only the time matters for this hack. It's all about knowing the time when your tamagotchi is asleep, and then purposely changing the time to that in order to simulate a sort of "pause" while still allowing your tama to grow. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back