Connection screen issues + Resetting problems

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayori101

Reaction score
Hi! I purchased a new in package entama from Japanyouwant and it came in the mail today! unfortunately after a few hours the screen is looking really funny and the device randomly reset while i was viewing a menu. I’ve seen a screen like this on my v.5 tamagotchi, and the resetting eventually got so bad that I got frustrated and threw the whole device away. this time I figured i’d ask and see if this is something I can fix. Can anyone help me? here is a picture of the screen now vs when i first pulled the tama out of the box. https://imgur.com/gallery/GEYdmt5

Correct me if I’m wrong but was the picture on the left exactly how you saw it when you removed the tab on the side?

Not sure about the resetting, because I never heard of a connection/plus version that would reset but I will suggest that you change the battery and see what happens. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but was the picture on the left exactly how you saw it when you removed the tab on the side?

Not sure about the resetting, because I never heard of a connection/plus version that would reset but I will suggest that you change the battery and see what happens. 
the picture on the left is after having played it for a few hours. i’ll try replacing the battery but i think it’s a problem with the screen itself!

A few of my older connections have screens like that. I think it just might be the aging process for the screens. It seems like the screen works it's just darker than usual from the picture unless theres something else wrong with it not showing up

Try bending battery contacts to see if that fixes it since the screen looks like it's in very good condition. The software in the v4/v4.5 have been known to be quite glitchy, I'm not sure if that extends to the entama line as well.

A few of my older connections have screens like that. I think it just might be the aging process for the screens. It seems like the screen works it's just darker than usual from the picture unless theres something else wrong with it not showing up
you guys! i am so confused. i took the battery out yesterday and put the tama on my dresser so i could look for a solution. the screen looked the same, all rainbow-y and distorted. this morning it looks like this! https://imgur.com/gallery/Lf8lOll what is happening??

a user on reddit thought it could be moisture and suggested that i put it in rice, so i’m gonna let it sit for the rest of the day and try again tomorrow. hoping i can figure this out! 

you guys! i am so confused. i took the battery out yesterday and put the tama on my dresser so i could look for a solution. the screen looked the same, all rainbow-y and distorted. this morning it looks like this! https://imgur.com/gallery/Lf8lOll what is happening??

a user on reddit thought it could be moisture and suggested that i put it in rice, so i’m gonna let it sit for the rest of the day and try again tomorrow. hoping i can figure this out! 
The link you posted isn't working for me... moisture might be a possible problem or some sort of corrosion. I would try opening up the tamagotchi and looking at the circuit board maybe. You could also try rubbing alcohol on a q tip and swabbing everything down. I think if there was moisture, it'd be very internalized so you might solve it quicker if you open up the device. Idk, I've never dealt with this before but just some thoughts! Good luck!

I can't see any rainbow distortion in the picture you posted, but it might just be condensation due to the temperature. If you left it for a bit, it would most likely just go back to normal, or you could open up the tama and give the screen a wipe if you really wanted to.

cQaA6vd.jpg

I can't see any rainbow distortion in the picture you posted, but it might just be condensation due to the temperature. If you left it for a bit, it would most likely just go back to normal, or you could open up the tama and give the screen a wipe if you really wanted to.

that’s what’s confusing me. it looks normal again haha! i put it in rice for the time being. i’m just worried about permanent damage because my v5 broke over time, starting with a distorted rainbow looking screen. thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back