Raku Raku Dinokun/Dinkie Dino help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrotama

Reaction score
I currently have 2 Raku Raku Dinokun (the Japanese version). The first one I bought worked great until 24hr after starting it where the batteries would ooze/leak and stop the buttons from working. I went through 3 brand new pairs of LR44s trying to figure it out. I ended up getting a new one that was sold as “un-used”. It’s the green one that says Raku Raku Dinokun, however the start animation is the volcano explosion (from the English version) and the battery compartment part of the shell looks like a fake mold with a massive piece missing from the inside of the battery slot wall. 
Does anyone have any idea why the first made batteries leak or why the second one is a Japanese shell with English programming? Both were bought from a reputable seller and I’m crushed :(

Edit: Found a video of a japanese shell with the explosion animation.

About the battery leak, I'm not quite sure, but perhaps the batteries had been sitting in the store for a while or got exposed to sunlight/heat? Also, do you mind posting some pictures of the shell?

Here is some info for posterity on identifying dinkie shells:

And here are some instructions. https://www.tamenagerie.com/ddinoinst.html

Just for interest, there's a 4-in-1 variant (Dinkie Dino, Dinkie Penguin, Space Creature, & Dinkie Dog) and an 8-in-1 variant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back