Sign in to follow this  
yukin

Tamagotchi 4U defect

Hello,

I have a 4U here that did work when first bought it.

after a week it did shut down. i replaced the batteries but nothing is coming up on the screen and no sound also.

Did open it real quick and dont see any broken cables or leak capacitor.

I did test the voltage on the main board and do get the voltage from the batteries.

What else can i try? or should i just say it is dead and nothing can be done for it?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that :( from this, if you can't get it working I would send it back or try and get a refund. Before you do...

- Have you waited a minute to put the batteries in? I say this a lot, but even after a week my 4U's battery died. I replaced them and it didn't turn on right away, because of the refresh rate. If it doesn't work then you may have disturbed something while poking around inside.

- Maybe try and use a different brand of batteries. The 4U comes with batteries already, so if you used those ones they do run out quite quickly.

i did try with different brand new batteries and did let them in for a good amount of time.

still nothing so i guess i am stuck with that.

Thanks