Recommended Posts

I notice no one really talking about the Hello Kitty Nano that's rumored to be a NA release. Not much is known but it was leaked and information is coming in slowly but its timed to be released in the fall as well. It has 2 colors and is due this October for release. Hopefully we will see more info during the next bandai news letter or during a announcement on their social media!

Original source!

https://tamatown.com/tamagotchi-x-hello-kitty/

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If it's a full size i buy the two day one! If it's another nano, i will keep my money for other tama i dont have yet.

Edited by Naze77
Orthograph
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s another nano, but we can wait and see... :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was confirmed that it was a nano model, according to the source @*CrazyChick* posted. I'm more curious about the shell designs + characters and games that'll be featured on this variant! :D I'm not too much of a Hello Kitty fan, but if it makes Bandai money (and potentially brings in new fans) I don't see any reason for them to suddenly create an original, Hello Kitty 'full size' Tamagotchi, which is unfortunate :( Still exciting though!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tamacass said:

@*CrazyChick*I'm not too much of a Hello Kitty fan, but if it makes Bandai money (and potentially brings in new fans) I don't see any reason for them to suddenly create an original, Hello Kitty 'full size' Tamagotchi, which is unfortunate :(

The problem is this : we fans understand that those are really limited. But when they realesed the nano 20th anniversary in France, people really thought it was the toy of their childhood. So lots of random youtubers make videos saying that tamagotchis was interesting in their memories but finally not at all. Some others make research and discovered it was just a simplify version of an already simple device (keep in mind that even childs of today play with smartphones or tabs) and felt disapointed. When you see the qpet on wish or aliexpress at 14 $ with color screen, yes it's not famous as Tamagotchi. But people buy them!!! So why not a nano? Because yes the goal is to make money. But you must see further and always try, at least a little bit, to propose something good. Because if now bandai dont really have serious challengers, it will maybe not stay like that for ever. And because if you spend tour time realesing "just for fan" franchised unusefull merch, finally one day the hype is over and you return to your confidential closet. (Hello funkopop figurines! They sell them ugly toy by millions ! Sailor Moon, dragon bail, star Wars, Marvel etc... Now people seems to have open their eyes and try to sell them at expensive price... But no one want of this anymore except the true fans.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no such thing as Nano 20th Anniversary. Those were Minis, Minis and Nanos are separate versions with lots of differences.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Naze77 said:

The problem is this : we fans understand that those are really limited. But when they realesed the nano 20th anniversary in France, people really thought it was the toy of their childhood. So lots of random youtubers make videos saying that tamagotchis was interesting in their memories but finally not at all. Some others make research and discovered it was just a simplify version of an already simple device (keep in mind that even childs of today play with smartphones or tabs) and felt disapointed. When you see the qpet on wish or aliexpress at 14 $ with color screen, yes it's not famous as Tamagotchi. But people buy them!!! So why not a nano? Because yes the goal is to make money. But you must see further and always try, at least a little bit, to propose something good. Because if now bandai dont really have serious challengers, it will maybe not stay like that for ever. And because if you spend tour time realesing "just for fan" franchised unusefull merch, finally one day the hype is over and you return to your confidential closet. (Hello funkopop figurines! They sell them ugly toy by millions ! Sailor Moon, dragon bail, star Wars, Marvel etc... Now people seems to have open their eyes and try to sell them at expensive price... But no one want of this anymore except the true fans.)

Some people's lack of research doesn't remove the merits that simpler releases like the Nanos and Minis have, though. :P Sometimes, a less-demanding virtual pet is just what a person might want - regardless of whether they're a hardcore fan or not.

Though I have enjoyed the Meets (though only after taking some time to accept what it is and what it is not), I'm not a big fan of the colour releases myself. I would much rather see licensed Nanos or a new Mini-style variant alongside the more expensive releases, than nothing at all, as they are enjoyable low-maintenance releases. (If they keep releasing licensed Nanos every so often, I'd love to see one for the Kirby series' 30th anniversary in 2022, because it would be a good fit for commemorating a series that started on the Game Boy. :lol:)

I wouldn't imply that the colour Tamagotchis aren't good because they don't cater to my preferred definition of a virtual pet, so why should the Nano and Mini be classified as not being good, by the same metric? They're just different products that are aimed at different market-segments, after all. :)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I wouldn't imply that the colour Tamagotchis aren't good because they don't cater to my preferred definition of a virtual pet, so why should the Nano and Mini be classified as not being good, by the same metric? They're just different products that are aimed at different market-segments, after all. :)

I get that there is public for nano/mini. The problem is that it doesnt interest everybody. So the last realese that fit my taste is the Tamagotchi on. Nano gudetama, évolue, Pacman, a manga i dont know the name, hello Kitty... No problem, i mean, if i am not interested, i juste have to not buy them. But i Hope one day they will release devil gotchi again, because i want one and it's so expensive. Same for garden/océan. Everything is already made so... And old Tamagotchi could be as easy to raise. Just give them sweets when you dont have the Time to play and that's all. I just dont know why they stick to nano and rererereleased of only the p1-2, when they have other devices to propose. 

So finally speaking about the market segment, i wait my turn... On are expensive, and i bought both nearly one year ago. I bought thé p1 and p2 rereleased in many colors... What's next? But i understand your point of view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Some people's lack of research

It was Bandai’s lack of research. They packaged it as if it were a rerelease of the original, while it was actually a rerelease of the Mini. They had no idea what they were selling, and hurt the brand with it.
It’s not the buyer’s fault they got a different thing than the thing they were told they were purchasing.

Edited by Joc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Naze77 said:

I get that there is public for nano/mini. The problem is that it doesnt interest everybody.

Nothing does, though - that's why we have different parts of the market to begin with. ;)

 

2 hours ago, Naze77 said:

So finally speaking about the market segment, i wait my turn... On are expensive, and i bought both nearly one year ago. I bought thé p1 and p2 rereleased in many colors... What's next? But i understand your point of view.

Trust me, I'd love to know what's next, too! :) I'm still waiting and hoping that at some point we'll see a bit more variety in the way of some new monochrome releases that aren't just retro-themed Minis and license-themed Nanos propping up colour releases that not all countries are getting. (We never got the On in the UK, either, unfortunately.)

 

EDIT;

 

19 minutes ago, Joc said:

It was Bandai’s lack of research. They packaged it as if it were a rerelease of the original, while it was actually a rerelease of the Mini. They had no idea what they were selling, and hurt the brand with it.
It’s not the buyer’s fault they got a different thing than the thing they were told they were purchasing.

They knew exactly what they were selling - it is their own product, after all! :lol: It was cheap publicity to package it in the original-style packaging*, and I agree that it definitely did some damage, but I don't recall Bandai saying that it wasn't a Mini - I only remember the press doing that (and even so, they did mention the reduced size and I was able to find out within five minutes of hearing about it that it was a Mini, even though I'd never heard of a Mini before that point). Bandai were very clear when they actually re-issued the originals.

*Though they know what their own products are, there is potential for them to have failed to do their research here. They did the exact same thing with the retro packaging in Japan, but somehow people weren't confused by it there and knew that it was a Chibi - were they clearer in their messaging, or was this due to how context-heavy the Japanese language is? I wonder if they assumed a level of context-sensitivity that doesn't exist in Western markets when they pulled the same stunt outside of Japan?

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

They knew exactly what they were selling - it is their own product, after all! :lol: It was cheap publicity to package it in the original-style packaging*, and I agree that it definitely did some damage, but I don't recall Bandai saying that it wasn't a Mini - I only remember the press doing that. Bandai were very clear when they actually re-issued the originals.

*Though they know what their own products are, there is potential for them to have failed to do their research here. They did the exact same thing with the retro packaging in Japan, but somehow people weren't confused by it there and knew that it was a Chibi - were they clearer in their messaging, or was this due to how context-heavy the Japanese language is? I wonder if they assumed a level of context-sensitivity that doesn't exist in Western markets when they pulled the same stunt outside of Japan?

Their press statement when releasing it in the West amounted to “bla bla bla nostalgia”, even though the English Mini wasn’t that popular AFAIK, so I imagined the American and European employees seeing the Japanese release and going “oh haha good for nostalgia sales, ship us some”, having no idea what it was.

Maybe the Japanese market wasn’t confused by it because they’ve had the color and nano distinction for a while already. But more importantly, the Japanese release wasn’t labeled as “the original virtual reality pet”.

46 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Trust me, I'd love to know what's next, too! :) I'm still waiting and hoping that at some point we'll see a bit more variety in the way of some new monochrome releases that aren't just retro-themed Minis and license-themed Nanos propping up colour releases that not all countries are getting. (We never got the On in the UK, either, unfortunately.)

I hope Pac-Man ✖️ Tamagotchi sells well so Bandai Namco Europe is convinced to sell the On too.

Edited by Joc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Joc said:

Their press statement when releasing it in the West amounted to “bla bla bla nostalgia”, even though the English Mini wasn’t that popular AFAIK, so I imagined the American and European employees seeing the Japanese release and going “oh haha good for nostalgia sales, ship us some”, having no idea what it was.

Heheheh, that's perfectly fair to be honest! :lol: I mean, we both know that their standard for translations is a bit lackadaisical, too, so it certainly does sometimes feel like there's a bit of a "Meh, don't care much." attitude going around at times. :P

To be fair to Bandai, though, their press materials did state that it was a simplified smaller device which brought back much (but not all) of what the original was about - at least in the UK. (We never got the Mini here the first time around, so the 20th Anniversary Mini was our first exposure to that version.)

 

14 hours ago, Joc said:

Maybe the Japanese market wasn’t confused by it because they’ve had the color and nano distinction for a while already. But more importantly, the Japanese release wasn’t labeled as “the original virtual reality pet”.

"The Original Virtual Reality Pet" was the franchise's Western slogan for the original releases, though* - that's the only reason why that was there. Both regions' 20th Anniversary Minis had their original packaging and slogans replicated exactly, but in miniature form and with an anniversary marking on it somewhere.

*I like to imagine that it was bullishly coined in response to all of the imitators and competitors that sprung up, because that's just how it sounds to me. :lol:

 

14 hours ago, Joc said:

I hope Pac-Man ✖️ Tamagotchi sells well so Bandai Namco Europe is convinced to sell the On too.

Same here. I'd honestly like to buy an On to go with my Meets, but I was reluctant to import one upon their US release because I'd much rather support a local release, and the current pandemic makes that even less appealing now.

I can't say that I'd mind a bug-fixed Western release of the Eevee Nano, either, come to think of it. :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never knew this would cause a debate. I'll be checking in and keeping an eye on this.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Timogotchi19
      Initially, nothing existed, nothing but microscopic atoms the size rivaling that of ants and pieces of rice, but in a matter of moments, our Lord brought everything we know into existence. Delving into the universe, the various galaxies, our galaxy, the Milky Way, is a beautiful blue and green planet that we call home; Earth.
      Earth is a beautiful, luscious planet, unlike any of its eight fellow planets. It has thirst-quenching water, gorgeous scenery, and most importantly, the presence of life. Life began with a bunch of animals, a man named Adam, and a woman named Eve, and as the centuries and millenniums kept going, regardless of their differing events, all moments of history have one thing in common; life slowly but surely grew swifter, stronger, and most prominently, smarter, and and all associated capabilities of speed, strength, and knowledge lie within a special element of our bodies called the brain.
      The brain is a sacred treasure guarded by the thick layers of our skulls. It processes every sight our eyes visualize, every scent our noses get lured to, everything our hands feel, every sound our ears hear, and every bite of food our mouths and taste buds consume, and above all this can provide the answers to some of life's biggest questions. Where do babies come from? What's the highest SAT/ACT score? Will we get a spouse or be single until death? Will we succeed in getting our dream job?
      But later today, at any time, Bandai America is going to answer life's most frequently-asked question, a question that was passed from vocal cord to vocal cord generation after generation, a question that not even the lord himself knows the answer to, a question that humanity has been plaguing since the beginning of time as we know it.
       
      WHEN WILL THE TAMAGOTCHI ANIME EVER GET AN ENGLISH DUB?!
    • By thatoneplague
      Hello I'm new to this website and I've been using my old tamagotchi connection v3 for about a month now. The screen on my device is fairly beat up and I was curious if I could find some official or third party screen replacement for the Tamagotchi Connection v3.
    • By FrnceOvjs
      Hey everyone! My tama is looking for friends and tamas to marry with.
       
      Add me on the app, I’ll add back!
      code: 
      RNX878728
    • By TamagotchiiPrincess
      Hi 😇who can identify this tamagotchi called my cutepet? See link of the picture
      what kind of program has this one?
      and what kind of tamagotchi is this
      i've been looking for this where can I buy this...
      https://ibb.co/0JxGpf8  
    • By persephonedeterm
      Hey!
      Tamagotchis have been with me through my childhood. Now I am an 18-year-old who occasionally transforms into a total tama-stan. XD
      I've currently got booted up a connection v2! However, since I last used it, I think it may have bugged out slightly... I downloaded my old tama (petitchi, gen 12) to find that the age of my tama was 61??? Not sure how that happened. XD
      My first ever tamagotchi was the connection v4.5 <3, I got it for my eighth birthday and I loved it soo much!!! However, it just so happens to be the only tama I have that no longer works!! 😢 It's really hard to replace that model.
      Anyway! I thought now is a good time to return once again to my hobby, since I'm inside all the time, haha! 
       
      My collection of tamagotchis:
      Tamagotchi P2 (J)
      Connection v2 (E)
      Connection v5.5 (Celebrity Familitchi) (E)
      Connection v6 (Music Star) (E)
      Tamagotchi Friends (E)
      Gudetama Tamagotchi (E)
      ...oh! and a Violetchi lanyard.
      I'm also planning on purchasing some more japanese models! I've been hopping about on ebay, looking for good deals. 😛 As the v4.5 is so hard to come by from what I can tell, I am definitely considering investing in the Ura Jinsei Enjoi, which features my beloved Ura tamas!! 😮
      I'm always open for discussions!! If you have any questions for me, or stories to tell, please don't hesitate to comment!!
    • By Maskitama
      Not sure if this is the exact place for it but I’ve never seen anything about this posted online before. 
       
      I recently learned that the Entama has an animation when your adult tamagotchi leaves you with a new baby. 
       
       it happened shortly after midnight, I only noticed because I checked both Tamas I was running had lights out