5 hours ago, Tacoburritotchi said:

One thing: does Dream Town still exist? If so, would you mind posting the link? :blink:

I won't really be focusing on Dream Town in this thread because it's not really my thing. That said, Silica made a full recreation a while back because a lot of the relevant files were saved.

• Like 1

Ah, it's ok. i found the wayback machine version anyway. Apparently, Bandai shut down Dream Town.

2 minutes ago, Tacoburritotchi said:

Ah, it's ok. i found the wayback machine version anyway. Apparently, Bandai shut down Dream Town.

Well, yes, that's why a recreation was produced. The WayBack variant of Dream Town won't work due to the servers being taken down, but the revival will.

• Like 1

Yeah, but when I tried it, it just said:  Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong wmode or missing device support.

Just now, Tacoburritotchi said:

Yeah, but when I tried it, it just said:  Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong wmode or missing device support.

That's likely not an issue of the revival, though, considering others have had it work with no complaints. The most likely issue, I would speculate, is that your device just doesn't support it. Regardless, that's something that should be taken up with the creator of the recreation rather than here.

• Like 1

Hm. I'm using a desktop, connected with a Raspberry Pi.

And it said the same thing with the wayback version, so i guess there's no surprise there.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know what this means? go to tamago-land.com

Edited by Tacoburritotchi

In case anyone was wondering where I am with this, some life things came up which have taken a lot of my focus away from Tamagotchi research for the time being (it's nothing serious or negative, just some exciting research in a different field!)

That said, I did buy a whole bunch of equipment for checking out my old cache files for lost Tamatown files, so when I get around to using those I'll document my process.

And yes, the post about the V6/7 Tamatown will come at some point, I've not forgotten :)

Speak soon, Tama fans.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

On 6/17/2020 at 7:46 PM, Tacoburritotchi said:

Anyone know what this means? go to tamago-land.com

Basically, for some reason DreamTown uses Context3D (i think its a thing with the sterling engine thing. idk) ,

despite the name, "Context3D" has little to do with 3D graphics, its a wrapper around OpenGL ES. in ActionScript >-<

it was a feature added in Flash Player 11, make sure your using flash player 11 or higher lol

anyway, im not sure whats up with the Flash Player on Raspberry Pi but Some users have reported similar issues on Firefox for Ubuntu.

In completely different games, so probably not an issue with DreamTown ...

you could try the Adobe Flash Projector which is a standalone app provided by Adobe for running SWF files, just go "File > Open > "http://famita.ml/friends/prelauncher.swf?1.0.1.1776

the plus to using that is that it'll probably work after December 2020 ;)

Edited by SilicaAndPina
  • Like 1

One obvious way to approach the matter is just to find people that actually saved some of the Tamatown files. Problem is, not only are these people already few and far between,

Mm what about Binary? he did a bunch of reversing tamatown stuff back in the day on TamaTalk (mainly how to request codes?)~

it seems likely he could have some files from TamaTown .. potentially?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilicaAndPina said:

Mm what about Binary? he did a bunch of reversing tamatown stuff back in the day on TamaTalk (mainly how to request codes?)~

it seems likely he could have some files from TamaTown .. potentially?

I think I'd already sent Binary a message by the time I wrote that paragraph. He's not particularly easy to contact.

As I recall, he was around in a few old threads where people discussed how to download the character SWFs and I think some of the music too. To me, this would certainly suggest that there are some people out there who have some of the missing files saved to their old PCs, but I've not had any luck in actually locating or contacting any of these people.

• Like 1