Angelgotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherb

Reaction score
I purchased a previously loved Angelgotchi. It was tested before i purchased it and everything worked just fine. I purchased new batteries for it and I’ve played with it since I received it a few days ago. Today, I was playing the game, when all of a sudden the whole thing reset on me. Now I have to start from the beginning. Is it because it’s an old tamagotchi? Is something wrong with the device? How can I prevent this from happening again? Should I buy a brand new one? Has this happened to anyone?

This has happened to me with vintage tamagotchis as well as the connection models. I've never figured out why though. It's most likely a misconnection with the batteries, they probably shifted and lost contact with the backing of the shell for a few seconds causing it to reset. Maybe the device just got bumped the wrong way?

I wouldn't buy a brand new one, but I also have no clue how to prevent this. I wouldn't advise making the screws too tight, but you could use some tape if the back doesn't seem secure enough. I don't think it's the specific device since it's happened to me with many of my devices and I have yet to figure out the true root of the problem. If anyone else has input, please share, since this is an ongoing problem for me as well and a solution or explanation would be much appreciated!  :D

This sort of thing can very often be traced back to the battery-contacts having been flattened down by batteries having been left in the device for a long time - a result of the metal being thin and flexible. The solution is to take a very small flat-head screwdriver and very slowly and very very carefully bend the contacts upwards.

I've had to do this multiple times before, and it always fixes the problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back