Tamagotchi On Glitch ?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purimatchi!

Reaction score
So I have yet to have problems with my Tamagotchi On, until last night. I married one of my Tamagotchi's off to someone on the app and everything was fine connected back and hatched the baby without any issue. I connect the Baby to the app to gain some likes for it before it becomes an adult! I connect it back to my device and noticed that it has been over 1 hour of me connecting to the app and my baby is still a baby. I stopped feeding it last night and this morning it was only calling my name to feed it. I don't believe it is possible to kill a baby, but I kind of tried looking into things and people were saying wait 36 hours and then it will evolve, but I do not think that was specifically for the baby stage and more so for the toddler and teen stages. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to potentially revert, I am up for trouble shooting.

Hello,

First of all, I really am terribly sorry for your bad experience :( Encountering a glitch like that is one of the things that terrifies me the most about the Tama On :( I never tried this myself, but I had read in the comments section of a Youtube video who had the Peter Pan glitch: 

'Some Tama collectors have tried messing with the clock to fix the glitch-- they turn the clock to 6:59am, put in completely new batteries, then start the Tama. They leave the time at 6:59, and wait a few hours... sometimes, the Tama grows up! I have never tried this, but I think it's totally worth a shot.'

Here is the video in case you want to reference it and it's comments section (it was a reply to someone called Jamie Gruver): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhBNghtapqU

Wishing you the best of luck!

Hello,

First of all, I really am terribly sorry for your bad experience :( Encountering a glitch like that is one of the things that terrifies me the most about the Tama On :(  I never tried this myself, but I had read in the comments section of a Youtube video who had the Peter Pan glitch: 

'Some Tama collectors have tried messing with the clock to fix the glitch-- they turn the clock to 6:59am, put in completely new batteries, then start the Tama. They leave the time at 6:59, and wait a few hours... sometimes, the Tama grows up! I have never tried this, but I think it's totally worth a shot.'

Here is the video in case you want to reference it and it's comments section (it was a reply to someone called Jamie Gruver): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhBNghtapqU

Wishing you the best of luck!
I am trying right now! I think there is a difference because the baby does not go to sleep, only takes 1 nap before growing to a toddler. So I am not sure that it will work, but I am trying it anyway. I know that the time has already passed that once naturally. Maybe it will work this time! 

It not going to sleep does sound like a downside unfortunately :(  You've got nothing to lose by trying though, and maybe putting in the new batteries will make a difference to the growth timer after you hit Continue. Really hope you could get this sorted, must be disheartening losing your current generation 😢 

Last edited by a moderator:
It not going to sleep does sound like a downside unfortunately :(  You've got nothing to lose by trying though, and maybe putting in the new batteries will make a difference to the growth timer after you hit Continue. Really hope you could get this sorted, must be disheartening losing your current generation 😢 
I have 2 running at the same time and the one I really like is the unaffected one, so I am not as upset about it. I have taken batteries out and then downloaded my data and nothing has changed. I am going to continue  giving it time and see if it randomly grows up! thank you for helping! 

Thankfully your favourite is unaffected at least  :)  Still sad though 😢 Yes I would give it a couple more hours if it happened to me, even the 36 hour trick you mentioned in your initial post. Sadly I have never tested this myself as I have yet to come across it, but I remember reading about it in those comments and took a note of it just in case I run into it in the future (hopefully not!!). Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but I just tried throwing out the little information I know maybe it could do something for you. Wishing you the best of luck in such an awful circumstance :(  

Thankfully your favourite is unaffected at least  :)  Still sad though 😢 Yes I would give it a couple more hours if it happened to me, even the 36 hour trick you mentioned in your initial post. Sadly I have never tested this myself as I have yet to come across it, but I remember reading about it in those comments and took a note of it just in case I run into it in the future (hopefully not!!). Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but I just tried throwing out the little information I know maybe it could do something for you. Wishing you the best of luck in such an awful circumstance :(  
I am kind of interested in cracking the glitch! I am not too worried, I would only be concerned if I reset it and I can't get past the baby stage, THAT is when I will get concerned.  :D

I seriously appreciate your help! I don't think this is a glitch that everyone has, so don't be overly cautious or worried. ;)

I want to say that when my adult came back from the app with the egg it came back to the room it had before it left. Usually it goes to the House that the parents will reside in and not your room (I hope this kind of makes sense) It may have been who I married connected to the fan made app and then that may have messed up my character once marrying theirs.  :eek:

I am kind of interested in cracking the glitch! I am not too worried, I would only be concerned if I reset it and I can't get past the baby stage, THAT is when I will get concerned.  :D
From what I have read before, letting your Tama die and bringing a new egg by pressing A + C should resolve the glitch, so I wouldn't be too worried :)  Only downside to this is that you will lose the genes you have been working on from your previous mixes :(  

I seriously appreciate your help! I don't think this is a glitch that everyone has, so don't be overly cautious or worried. ;)
No trouble at all, I just hope that my information could maybe help you out. Yes, I've read a lot about the Peter Pan glitch, and worse yet, the full Reset glitch, I hope these glitches aren't common! I'm on my 4th gen currently so I haven't had my Tama On for too long to know. Although I have seen people on the app at a whopping generation 71, so that's quite a long streak without hitting any glitches!! :D  

I want to say that when my adult came back from the app with the egg it came back to the room it had before it left. Usually it goes to the House that the parents will reside in and not your room (I hope this kind of makes sense) It may have been who I married connected to the fan made app and then that may have messed up my character once marrying theirs.  :eek:
Ah, that happened to me too, I married the 'Majoritchi NPC twins' twice in a row on the app on my 2nd and 3rd gens, and both times I did that they came back to the room I was in before. When I married on my 1st gen in my actual device to Kappappatchi, the egg went to the Parents' House. So I think marrying in the device takes the egg to the Parents' House, and marrying through the app takes you back to your previous room (from my experience, or maybe it was just dumb luck?). Well, Bandai should be implementing a soft ban for characters it realizes are from the fan made app, so hopefully that wasn't the issue you were encountering 😕 

From what I have read before, letting your Tama die and bringing a new egg by pressing A + C should resolve the glitch, so I wouldn't be too worried :)  Only downside to this is that you will lose the genes you have been working on from your previous mixes :(  

No trouble at all, I just hope that my information could maybe help you out. Yes, I've read a lot about the Peter Pan glitch, and worse yet, the full Reset glitch, I hope these glitches aren't common! I'm on my 4th gen currently so I haven't had my Tama On for too long to know. Although I have seen people on the app at a whopping generation 71, so that's quite a long streak without hitting any glitches!! :D  

Ah, that happened to me too, I married the 'Majoritchi NPC twins' twice in a row on the app on my 2nd and 3rd gens, and both times I did that they came back to the room I was in before. When I married on my 1st gen in my actual device to Kappappatchi, the egg went to the Parents' House. So I think marrying in the device takes the egg to the Parent's House, and marrying through the app takes you back to your previous room (from my experience, or maybe it was just dumb luck?). Well, Bandai should be implementing a soft ban for characters it realizes are from the fan made app, so hopefully that wasn't the issue you were encountering 😕 
Oh maybe I just assumed that they don't come back to their room. I just checked other people's pictures on Twitter and they seemed to have gone back to the same room the adult is in. So that takes one of my theories out  :p

Oh maybe I just assumed that they don't come back to their room. I just checked other people's pictures on Twitter and they seemed to have gone back to the same room the adult is in. So that takes one of my theories out  :p
Only time and more generations will tell, I can't be sure yet about this theory since I only married 3 times, could have been just random, we'll see as more marriages happen :p  It's been around 24 hours since you created this post, so I hope your baby evolved by now :)  (fingers crossed!!)

Only time and more generations will tell, I can't be sure yet about this theory since I only married 3 times, could have been just random, we'll see as more marriages happen :p  It's been around 24 hours since you created this post, so I hope your baby evolved by now :)  (fingers crossed!!)
In about an hour or so we are about to hit day 2 (as in it has been 48 Hours). The baby is still a baby. The weird thing thing is that the years are still counting upwards, even though it is not evolving. I am wondering if I should try to connect it to the English App again. I am also kind of curious if anything may change if I go to the Japanese app.

In about an hour or so we are about to hit day 2 (as in it has been 48 Hours). The baby is still a baby. The weird thing thing is that the years are still counting upwards, even though it is not evolving. I am wondering if I should try to connect it to the English App again. I am also kind of curious if anything may change if I go to the Japanese app.
Honestly that sounds bad, 48 hours and still stuck :( If changing the batteries and pressing Continue didn't work (maybe it would have unstuck it due to the soft reset) then I really don't know how you're going to get through this without actually letting the poor creature die :'( Ah, it's normal for the years to keep counting upwards, I had read of people's experiences still having teens at year 6 or so, so it's quite a common occurrence for the years to keep adding up. I don't think the English or Japanese Apps will help, but you really have nothing else to lose at this point and it only takes a minute or so to transfer and bring the Tama back to the device.

Really sorry and I feel for you having to go through something like this, these past 2 days must have drained the fun out of it for you trying to get around a glitch :'( Best of luck if you try transferring to the app.

Honestly that sounds bad, 48 hours and still stuck :( If changing the batteries and pressing Continue didn't work (maybe it would have unstuck it due to the soft reset) then I really don't know how you're going to get through this without actually letting the poor creature die :'( Ah, it's normal for the years to keep counting upwards, I had read of people's experiences still having teens at year 6 or so, so it's quite a common occurrence for the years to keep adding up. I don't think the English or Japanese Apps will help, but you really have nothing else to lose at this point and it only takes a minute or so to transfer and bring the Tama back to the device.

Really sorry and I feel for you having to go through something like this, these past 2 days must have drained the fun out of it for you trying to get around a glitch 😢 Best of luck if you try transferring to the app.
I have 3 M!X's and another On running, so it is not killing the TMGC magic for me too much.

For the age I think it is only going up because the time, I think midnight, has passed that many times, usually it would have already been an adult.

I wish I could just let it die, but being that it is a baby it doesn't XD I think I am going to try connecting it to the app and seeing what that results in. 

Thank you for helping me talk out solutions, I seriously appreciate it! ME just brainstorming by typing and seeing what you have to say is super helpful, thank you!

I have 3 M!X's and another On running, so it is not killing the TMGC magic for me too much.

For the age I think it is only going up because the time, I think midnight, has passed that many times, usually it would have already been an adult.

I wish I could just let it die, but being that it is a baby it doesn't XD I think I am going to try connecting it to the app and seeing what that results in. 

Thank you for helping me talk out solutions, I seriously appreciate it! ME just brainstorming by typing and seeing what you have to say is super helpful, thank you!
Wow that's quite a daycare you got running there, 5 at the same time! Thankfully the loss of this Tama wouldn't be as heartbreaking then since you have another 4 to fall back on. Still sad though seeing one of our little loved ones go, each one is special and unique in it's own way 😢 Still no luck I imagine? Did you decide to try letting it die so you get a new egg?

Yes definitely due to the time skipping midnight, I check on my Tama every day after midnight (I like seeing it asleep all cozy in it's cute bed before I go to sleep also, especially when it's raining outside in the Tama world) and do notice that that's when it ages up another year. You're right about the adult part, from my experience I get adults on day 2 usually since I do my marrying and raising a new baby in the morning, so with all this time that's passed since your first initial post it should definitely be in adult stage by now :(  

Babies don't die? I never knew that! I thought they were extra needy especially cause they're more prone to death! Very interesting!

No worries at all, the Peter Pan glitch and especially the Reset glitch are 2 things I discovered (but haven't experienced yet thankfully) which really terrified me when I learnt about them, so I did some scrounging on the net to see if there are ways to avoid them, or fix them. As much as I'm scared of it happening to me, I hate seeing it happen to other people too, which is why I tried chipping in with 'solutions' from what I read. Real shame that none of it was fruitful though 😢 Would have been cool if you managed to crack the glitch!

Wow that's quite a daycare you got running there, 5 at the same time! Thankfully the loss of this Tama wouldn't be as heartbreaking then since you have another 4 to fall back on. Still sad though seeing one of our little loved ones go, each one is special and unique in it's own way 😢 Still no luck I imagine? Did you decide to try letting it die so you get a new egg?

Yes definitely due to the time skipping midnight, I check on my Tama every day after midnight (I like seeing it asleep all cozy in it's cute bed before I go to sleep also, especially when it's raining outside in the Tama world) and do notice that that's when it ages up another year. You're right about the adult part, from my experience I get adults on day 2 usually since I do my marrying and raising a new baby in the morning, so with all this time that's passed since your first initial post it should definitely be in adult stage by now :(  

Babies don't die? I never knew that! I thought they were extra needy especially cause they're more prone to death! Very interesting!

No worries at all, the Peter Pan glitch and especially the Reset glitch are 2 things I discovered (but haven't experienced yet thankfully) which really terrified me when I learnt about them, so I did some scrounging on the net to see if there are ways to avoid them, or fix them. As much as I'm scared of it happening to me, I hate seeing it happen to other people too, which is why I tried chipping in with 'solutions' from what I read. Real shame that none of it was fruitful though 😢 Would have been cool if you managed to crack the glitch!
I have not feed him at all today and he is still here, I don't think the On allows the babies to pass away, which is kind of nice that people won't have traumatic experiences  :D

I am not sure what else there is to do, because if the glitch takes a week or something even longer then I feel it is almost best to just do a hard reset :3 

I was thinking of maybe contacting BanDai support and seeing if they can help me through the issue, but I don't know that anyone else has reported an issue like this. I really want to find a way to fix the glitch by trouble shooting, but i don't know that there is really anything else to do.

I have not feed him at all today and he is still here, I don't think the On allows the babies to pass away, which is kind of nice that people won't have traumatic experiences  :D

I am not sure what else there is to do, because if the glitch takes a week or something even longer then I feel it is almost best to just do a hard reset :3 

I was thinking of maybe contacting BanDai support and seeing if they can help me through the issue, but I don't know that anyone else has reported an issue like this. I really want to find a way to fix the glitch by trouble shooting, but i don't know that there is really anything else to do.
Wow, he sure is resilient! Guess babies really can't die then! (Unless maybe you leave it for a couple more days without attention?)

Unfortunately neither do I mate 😢 I had hopes with the 6:59 and changing the battery trick, but if that didn't work I think we're stuck with this glitch. Sucks if you have to do a hard reset if you can't manage to get the baby to die. Losing all gotchi points, locations, especially app exclusive stuff unlocked :(  

Ah, that's a real last ditch effort, but still worth a shot if you're just waiting for it to die anyway. True, I've never read about a baby being stuck in the Peter Pan glitch, from what I read it's mostly teens, and very rarely children. That would be really cool if you manage to fix that, could help out several other Tama Meets/On users if they come across this topic! Must be horrible being on like generation 20 and getting the glitch and having to start back from gen 1 again! 😢 

Wow, he sure is resilient! Guess babies really can't die then! (Unless maybe you leave it for a couple more days without attention?)

Unfortunately neither do I mate 😢 I had hopes with the 6:59 and changing the battery trick, but if that didn't work I think we're stuck with this glitch. Sucks if you have to do a hard reset if you can't manage to get the baby to die. Losing all gotchi points, locations, especially app exclusive stuff unlocked :(  

Ah, that's a real last ditch effort, but still worth a shot if you're just waiting for it to die anyway. True, I've never read about a baby being stuck in the Peter Pan glitch, from what I read it's mostly teens, and very rarely children. That would be really cool if you manage to fix that, could help out several other Tama Meets/On users if they come across this topic! Must be horrible being on like generation 20 and getting the glitch and having to start back from gen 1 again! 😢 
I would try to send all of my items and food items over to my Magic version, that way I can salvage everything that I can! The locations I can just connect my other On to the Fairy On that is having trouble and boom the destination should appear as if I have had it all along. the only thing I think may be an issue is the wallpapers, but I have so many doubles on the app that it won't be a problem to get most of them back if I reset. So really i don't think there is much to lose other than my Gotchi points, which could be invested in buying more items or outfits and sending them over to my Magic version.

I would try to send all of my items and food items over to my Magic version, that way I can salvage everything that I can! The locations I can just connect my other On to the Fairy On that is having trouble and boom the destination should appear as if I have had it all along. the only thing I think may be an issue is the wallpapers, but I have so many doubles on the app that it won't be a problem to get most of them back if I reset. So really i don't think there is much to lose other than my Gotchi points, which could be invested in buying more items or outfits and sending them over to my Magic version.
Glad to hear that at least, sounds like you've got a plan already set! :)  Awesome about the locations, that will be way quicker to feel like your Tama is back to how things were before the glitch at least  :)  As for the wallpapers, I suppose you could use MyMeets (the fan made app), as far as I know, it only causes glitches if you marry through it, items/wallpapers/accessories should be ok. If I ever get the Reset glitch, that's the way I'm planning on getting most of the app exclusive stuff back, especially seasonal stuff (like for example the Mother's Day wallpaper) which I can't unlock again through the app so easily since it won't be available if it's out of season/different month. 

He finally died yesterday! His room turned brown, form being dirty, the only time he was fed was the 2nd time I went to the app and came back, he had had the meal slots filled and the happiness increased too. The baby ended up being 4 years old, so I guess I was wrong in that babies can't die, they can it just takes several DAYS of ignoring them altogether. Whelp at least we have that tid bit of information ... :p  

Anyway, kind of glad to have a device to run again, but kind of wish I could have found something to fix the glitch!

Thank you 321Boom for all your help and suggestions, I sincerely appreciate it!

Wow 4 years old sure is resilient! At least this avoids you having to hard reset and lose everything though! :)   Yes that could help others who encounters this glitch at baby stage, to really wait it out before hard resetting.

Yes it is a shame we couldn't fix the glitch, would have been much more satisfying if you could have continued on your family tree, but at least you have a working device now and didn't lose gotchi points or anything else  :D  

No worries at all :)  Just wish our efforts were more fruitful is all. Enjoy your new generation :)  

Latest posts

Back