Today could be a HUGE day for us.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timogotchi19

Reaction score

Initially, nothing existed, nothing but microscopic atoms the size rivaling that of ants and pieces of rice, but in a matter of moments, our Lord brought everything we know into existence. Delving into the universe, the various galaxies, our galaxy, the Milky Way, is a beautiful blue and green planet that we call home; Earth.

Earth is a beautiful, luscious planet, unlike any of its eight fellow planets. It has thirst-quenching water, gorgeous scenery, and most importantly, the presence of life. Life began with a bunch of animals, a man named Adam, and a woman named Eve, and as the centuries and millenniums kept going, regardless of their differing events, all moments of history have one thing in common; life slowly but surely grew swifter, stronger, and most prominently, smarter, and and all associated capabilities of speed, strength, and knowledge lie within a special element of our bodies called the brain.

The brain is a sacred treasure guarded by the thick layers of our skulls. It processes every sight our eyes visualize, every scent our noses get lured to, everything our hands feel, every sound our ears hear, and every bite of food our mouths and taste buds consume, and above all this can provide the answers to some of life's biggest questions. Where do babies come from? What's the highest SAT/ACT score? Will we get a spouse or be single until death? Will we succeed in getting our dream job?

But later today, at any time, Bandai America is going to answer life's most frequently-asked question, a question that was passed from vocal cord to vocal cord generation after generation, a question that not even the lord himself knows the answer to, a question that humanity has been plaguing since the beginning of time as we know it.

WHEN WILL THE TAMAGOTCHI ANIME EVER GET AN ENGLISH DUB?!

itially, nothing existed, nothing but microscopic atoms the size rivaling that of ants and pieces of rice, but in a matter of moments, our Lord brought everything we know into existence. Delving into the universe, the various galaxies, our galaxy, the Milky Way, is a beautiful blue and green planet that we call home; Earth.

Earth is a beautiful, luscious planet, unlike any of its eight fellow planets. It has thirst-quenching water, gorgeous scenery, and most importantly, the presence of life. Life began with a bunch of animals, a man named Adam, and a woman named Eve, and as the centuries and millenniums kept going, regardless of their differing events, all moments of history have one thing in common; life slowly but surely grew swifter, stronger, and most prominently, smarter, and and all associated capabilities of speed, strength, and knowledge lie within a special element of our bodies called the brain.

The brain is a sacred treasure guarded by the thick layers of our skulls. It processes every sight our eyes visualize, every scent our noses get lured to, everything our hands feel, every sound our ears hear, and every bite of food our mouths and taste buds consume, and above all this can provide the answers to some of life's biggest questions. Where do babies come from? What's the highest SAT/ACT score? Will we get a spouse or be single until death? Will we succeed in getting our dream job?
HAHAHA YOU MENTIONED SOME QUOTE FROM THE BIBLE ON THIS SUBFOURM IF THIS IS FOR TAMAGOTCHI!

THOUGH YOU NEED TO GO TO NON-TAMATALK SUBFOURM.

HAHAHA YOU MENTIONED SOME QUOTE FROM THE BIBLE ON THIS SUBFOURM IF THIS IS FOR TAMAGOTCHI!

THOUGH YOU NEED TO GO TO NON-TAMATALK SUBFORUM.
Sorry. I just felt like humoring everyone with a history of the world before bait-and-switching to my longtime desire for an English dub of the Tamagotchi anime.

But in all seriousness, if there was ever a time to dub the anime, it would be now. It'd be a great way to promote the On, and Mattel and Hasbro make shows for their toylines all the time, so why can't Bandai?

The fact that the anime and the On came out years apart isn't a good excuse because Bandai Japan temporarily uploaded some anime episodes on their YouTube channel around November-December 2019.

Looks like it was just for the Wonder Garden version of the Tamagotchi On, in the end. :p Better luck next time!

Seriously, TV shows based on toy-lines are a time-honoured marketing tradition that works - you're right, Bandai ought to consider something like that for markets outside of Japan, be it a dub or adaptation of the existing content or something entirely new.

Seriously, TV shows based on toy-lines are a time-honoured marketing tradition that works - you're right, Bandai ought to consider something like that for markets outside of Japan, be it a dub or adaptation of the existing content or something entirely new.
The question though is which process is more costly. Dubbing an anime from Japanese to English or making a cartoon from scratch.

The question though is which process is more costly. Dubbing an anime from Japanese to English or making a cartoon from scratch.
In either case, I'd imagine that it would depend on how they execute it. A new purpose-built show animated in Adobe Flash or similar (as these things very often are) would probably be cheaper than a competent translation, localisation, and dub of the pre-existing anime content, I would guess, based on my understanding of the factors involved.

Y'know, unless they went the Samurai Pizza Cats route with a dub - a possibly-divisive trade-off. :lol:

There is a english dub. I found a vid named "Tamagotchi! The Entire English Dub Series".

( Brace yourself, 'cause it's 8 hrs * cringes* )
I know, but it only covers 25 (technically 26, but 25 are in that compilation) and has a questionable-at-best voice direction, especially compared to the TMGC Friends Webisodes that came after that (even though those only dubbed 7 episodes and cut them into 14 3-4 minute webisodes).

What I want is a dub that covers all 271 episodes with competent voice acting.

I know, but it only covers 25 (technically 26, but 25 are in that compilation) and has a questionable-at-best voice direction, especially compared to the TMGC Friends Webisodes that came after that (even though those only dubbed 7 episodes and cut them into 14 3-4 minute webisodes).

What I want is a dub that covers all 271 episodes with competent voice acting.
But Isnt Tamagotchi Friends Webisodes a Dubbed Version Of the Yume Kira Dream?

Latest posts

Back