Sign in to follow this  
Tamacass

♪ Help! A V3 Log ♫

Recommended Posts

    (or: 'We All Live in a Pink Version 3', to kick things off.)

Welcome! Now, this may be the millionth log I've started over the course of (almost) seven years on this website, but I'm determined to keep this one running for as long as I can. A post every day would be nice, so I'll try and promise you that. :D Let's get started with a little backstory first:

You see, I've been holding out for a V3 ever since I started collecting back in 2013. I grew up with a V4 and V5 years beforehand - I no longer had them before I started collecting as my precious V6 served as my reintroduction in '13 -, but there was always something about the V3 that attracted me to it. It felt nostalgic, even though I never grew up with it? Anyway, they're a bit scarce compared to your usual V1s and V2s, so it took me a few years until I was able to find a good deal (or cared enough to get one, I dropped Tamagotchis for a good year or so). I'd found a listing for $60 a few weeks prior from now, but someone else got to it first :( However, that seemingly worked out in my favor, because just last week, a listing for a V3 for $35 showed up out of absolutely nowhere! And there were quite a few watchers that were in the position I was just a few weeks prior.

And so, riding an adrenaline-powered high, I made a cathartic decision -- and ruined many, many people's dreams that night.

 

HCMOKtbFEqf241pAcaVE2p49FvLT-BO6RGsmk7J3G5cMJeFY66t4a6UhT163NMwUT8x4Q8_N-lExMWQF

Pictured: A package labelled 'HANDLE WITH CARE', and a certain pink Tamagotchi wrapped in bubble-wrap.

With a candy-themed V3 in tow, and a working battery(!) provided by the lovely store who sold me said tama, I quickly got to unwrapping it and getting it started...

 

QFfgBoeF7lyQIsJXKE-iHolaD8uirdWEZewBeS3t

Pictured: A surprise guest...?!

...And imagine my surprise when the DOWNLOAD option was available, with a Tamagotchi that was still alive! An adorable little Masktchi named Lachy - belonging to his previous user, Blaze - was there to welcome me to the lovely little V3 he lived in. He was only on the first gen, and seemed to be neglected judging by who he evolved into, but he seemed quite chipper (his stats were full from where the 'gotchi was last left off) despite his circumstances. I even messed with the clock to see if I could get him married, but I guess he was too young. :( So, grabbing a pen, I bid our lovely guest the best of luck, and started a new egg...

 

6PfUJcQKZtyN-P-kY8-QflXxt80wLPr_ejLDVDsiH2CvClh2B-s8kaxW5vnTPYPthqHE5Dr198JwcKLnr6kLZYXKZXM8Jze44xiG-1d3Aa6VGRzvz0lG3sLH

Pictured: The hatching of a new friend to raise!

...And it's a boy! Because I've recently been enlightened to a famous band I've ignored all of these years (and may or may not have named this blog after a song of theirs :3), I named him John. I wonder if he can play guitar?

 

yBFLdEaMoZqx8fsiisAP43sCkhsYUwcNOpkexy5rrnTJNg-7IGmbgp-JVHASJ9zLz9w9vxefecNijrSn

Pictured: Playing Get♪ for the first time!

I didn't get many other pictures, but I did snap a picture of history in the making. Get♪ is harder than I thought, but it's also much more enjoyable than most of the built-in games on the V4 (my childhood is down for the count). Bump still sucks though. Seriously I-- I just want to play a game and not get my tama's stats involved, please Bandai stop making your games interesting for once. :P Joking of course, I'm just terrible at bump. -_-

In an hour or so, John evolved into Tamatchi, which is to be expected for the first gen according to the growth chart I'm referencing here. I'd love to get either Violetchi or Pyonkotchi, but knowing my luck, I'll get Mametchi despite just raising one beforehand (depicted on my previous log). I adore the idea of having multiple characters in the same growth level, it keeps it interesting! I'd love to raise my V2 someday, every time I put a battery in I end up taking it out. :angry: It's the coolest-looking shell in my collection as well (transparent blue)! Why am I like this. XD

I forgot to take a picture of John after he evolved, and right now he's currently asleep, so hopefully we will be able to witness best bowl-cut boi in action next post before he evolves into a teen. I wonder which one I'll get... So exciting! :D I'm so glad I got a V3 after all this time, the wait was definitely worth it.

I'll sign off here for now. To finish, here's a song recommendation from The Beatles considering this post is full of them. I'll Be Back is criminally underrated.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are all of the images broken?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NotBart said:

Why are all of the images broken?

@NotBart Oh no! On my end the photos appear to be working, I'm not sure if your situation is universal or not. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! -_- I'd have no idea how to help, I'm afraid. I just hope no-one else is experiencing the same problem. :(

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back! It's a new day today, and with a new day comes new photos to show off!

 

IMG-4629.png
Pictured: John livin' the Tamagotchi life.

Here's a photo of John as a Tamatchi, as promised. ^_^ I've tried to keep him in healthy spirits (though I accidentally gave him a time-out before thinking he wasn't starving, oops :P). Sorry John. I went on a virtual shopping spree earlier, so he had a ton of items to play with.

 

IMG-4630.pngIMG-4631.png
Pictured: John discovering his family's legacy in the form of digging up a sack of Gotchi Points.

First off was the shovel! Digging it into his... bedroom floor (because Bandai hates scene dressing??), he discovered a bag of money! How exciting.

 

IMG-4633.pngIMG-4634.png
Pictured: John's happiness quickly disappearing. How cheap was his family?!

It was only 100 Gotchi Points, though. At least it wasn't 10? John didn't seem too enthusiastic either way.

 

IMG-4640.png
Pictured: John questioning the sanity of yours truly.

So to cheer him up, I got out a treasure chest I found in my non-existent basement! Don't ask questions you aren't prepared to handle the answers to.

 

IMG-4636.pngIMG-4637.pngIMG-4638.png
Pictured: John experiencing the horrors of being old. Not pictured is my face when I saw this animation on my V6 for the first time. Spoilers: I was terrified.

For some reason, the chest didn't really like John, and turned him into an oldie. A crass joke, but he didn't look at all like the real life guy I based him off of. He turned back into normal once I slapped the strange piece of... wood? Pixel? Anyway, I slapped the chest silly and John was back to his old (ha) self in no time.

There's not too much else to say. I've been enjoying my time with the V3 though! The shell comes out really nice on camera - It's more of a dull shade of pink in person. The promo picture is a lavender shade for some reason, so you guys get the best view from here. I'll update later when John evolves! :D

 

Edited by Tamacass
photo links
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tamacass said:

@NotBart Oh no! On my end the photos appear to be working, I'm not sure if your situation is universal or not. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! -_- I'd have no idea how to help, I'm afraid. I just hope no-one else is experiencing the same problem. :(

 

I've experienced the same with your other log and with your signature, but because some of the other log's images did work I wasn't sure if it was my browser's security extensions causing an issue, so I never said anything. :P

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Penguin-keeper Darn! I'm trying a new image source, I can't edit the first post but I'm testing the second post + my signature as we speak. Please tell me asap if they're broken or not! ;w; understandable though haha! You all probably thought I was insane with the long, ranging sentences that were meant to be present under my photos. XD

EDIT: I tested viewing this log on other internet browsers - Internet Explorer refuses to show anything, I'm not too sure about Chrome as I stopped using that ages ago, and Firefox also refuses to show them. I use Opera for reference, so that seems to be the problem.

Edited by Tamacass
woooords
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tamacass said:

@Penguin-keeper Darn! I'm trying a new image source, I can't edit the first post but I'm testing the second post + my signature as we speak. Please tell me asap if they're broken or not! ;w; understandable though haha! You all probably thought I was insane with the long, ranging sentences that were meant to be present under my photos. XD

 

I can now see everything in your second post and your signature. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! :DDD I'm glad I found something more reliable. A warning: do not use Google Photos if you want your dreams to be crushed.

Next post hopefully coming in a few hours! >w<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John evolved! Well, he evolved last night, but still.

He evolved into Batabatatchi:

 

IMG-4647.pngIMG-4648.png
Pictured: John flying around, having the time of his life.

Now he can play air guitar. What an inspiration.

 

IMG-4650.pngIMG-4649.png
Pictured: John playing a round of Flag. He lost straight after I took the photo.

I was surprised when I saw this game as an option on the V3 - for years I thought it debuted on the V4! It also plays just a bit different (timing is slower iirc). Still a fun time.

 

IMG-4651.png
Pictured: Stats.

Not too much to post about today. I still wish Tamatown was open (at least, a complete version of it), I would've loved to see the V3 experience! I wonder if it was any different from the V4's portal. That, and there's just something missing on this device, y'know? Besides the games and characters, it's almost identical to the V2 -- it's selling point was Tamatown (in the west, anyway). I just hope whoever owned this version before me managed to play it in time.

I'm thinking of introducing a new tama to the blog, but at the same time it's called a V3 log for a reason. Also, running one at a time is easier on my part at the time of writing this, haha! See you all soon.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The signature image and the log images work. But the ones from the first entry are still broken. Wonder what happened :huh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NotBart said:

The signature image and the log images work. But the ones from the first entry are still broken. Wonder what happened :huh:

@NotBart Not to worry, I ran out of time to edit the first post. I think it was the hosting website I was using! ;A;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 8:02 PM, Tamacass said:

    (or: 'We All Live in a Pink Version 3', to kick things off.)

Welcome! Now, this may be the millionth log I've started over the course of (almost) seven years on this website, but I'm determined to keep this one running for as long as I can. A post every day would be nice, so I'll try and promise you that. :D Let's get started with a little backstory first:

You see, I've been holding out for a V3 ever since I started collecting back in 2013. I grew up with a V4 and V5 years beforehand - I no longer had them before I started collecting as my precious V6 served as my reintroduction in '13 -, but there was always something about the V3 that attracted me to it. It felt nostalgic, even though I never grew up with it? Anyway, they're a bit scarce compared to your usual V1s and V2s, so it took me a few years until I was able to find a good deal (or cared enough to get one, I dropped Tamagotchis for a good year or so). I'd found a listing for $60 a few weeks prior from now, but someone else got to it first :( However, that seemingly worked out in my favor, because just last week, a listing for a V3 for $35 showed up out of absolutely nowhere! And there were quite a few watchers that were in the position I was just a few weeks prior.

And so, riding an adrenaline-powered high, I made a cathartic decision -- and ruined many, many people's dreams that night.

 

HCMOKtbFEqf241pAcaVE2p49FvLT-BO6RGsmk7J3G5cMJeFY66t4a6UhT163NMwUT8x4Q8_N-lExMWQF

Pictured: A package labelled 'HANDLE WITH CARE', and a certain pink Tamagotchi wrapped in bubble-wrap.

With a candy-themed V3 in tow, and a working battery(!) provided by the lovely store who sold me said tama, I quickly got to unwrapping it and getting it started...

 

QFfgBoeF7lyQIsJXKE-iHolaD8uirdWEZewBeS3t

Pictured: A surprise guest...?!

...And imagine my surprise when the DOWNLOAD option was available, with a Tamagotchi that was still alive! An adorable little Masktchi named Lachy - belonging to his previous user, Blaze - was there to welcome me to the lovely little V3 he lived in. He was only on the first gen, and seemed to be neglected judging by who he evolved into, but he seemed quite chipper (his stats were full from where the 'gotchi was last left off) despite his circumstances. I even messed with the clock to see if I could get him married, but I guess he was too young. :( So, grabbing a pen, I bid our lovely guest the best of luck, and started a new egg...

 

6PfUJcQKZtyN-P-kY8-QflXxt80wLPr_ejLDVDsiH2CvClh2B-s8kaxW5vnTPYPthqHE5Dr198JwcKLnr6kLZYXKZXM8Jze44xiG-1d3Aa6VGRzvz0lG3sLH

Pictured: The hatching of a new friend to raise!

...And it's a boy! Because I've recently been enlightened to a famous band I've ignored all of these years (and may or may not have named this blog after a song of theirs :3), I named him John. I wonder if he can play guitar?

 

yBFLdEaMoZqx8fsiisAP43sCkhsYUwcNOpkexy5rrnTJNg-7IGmbgp-JVHASJ9zLz9w9vxefecNijrSn

Pictured: Playing Get♪ for the first time!

I didn't get many other pictures, but I did snap a picture of history in the making. Get♪ is harder than I thought, but it's also much more enjoyable than most of the built-in games on the V4 (my childhood is down for the count). Bump still sucks though. Seriously I-- I just want to play a game and not get my tama's stats involved, please Bandai stop making your games interesting for once. :P Joking of course, I'm just terrible at bump. -_-

In an hour or so, John evolved into Tamatchi, which is to be expected for the first gen according to the growth chart I'm referencing here. I'd love to get either Violetchi or Pyonkotchi, but knowing my luck, I'll get Mametchi despite just raising one beforehand (depicted on my previous log). I adore the idea of having multiple characters in the same growth level, it keeps it interesting! I'd love to raise my V2 someday, every time I put a battery in I end up taking it out. :angry: It's the coolest-looking shell in my collection as well (transparent blue)! Why am I like this. XD

I forgot to take a picture of John after he evolved, and right now he's currently asleep, so hopefully we will be able to witness best bowl-cut boi in action next post before he evolves into a teen. I wonder which one I'll get... So exciting! :D I'm so glad I got a V3 after all this time, the wait was definitely worth it.

I'll sign off here for now. To finish, here's a song recommendation from The Beatles considering this post is full of them. I'll Be Back is criminally underrated.

John Lennon :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great log! The version 3 has been my favorite since childhood, so refreshing to see more people enjoy them! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By LoversChariot
      OH THIS SEEMS VERY CUTE???? I never did these tamagotchi logs on here as a kid omg I’ll just share all my ramblings here then so I don’t clog up the status update feed 🤣
      AIGHT SO FOR CONTEXT I have this famitama which was like my absolute pride and joy as a kid and I was going to sell it but I popped in a battery just to “test” it and then I was like oh hey this is in japanese & it probably uses rly basic japanese too bc kids toy soooo tldr now I’m raising a family DHDJFKGL
      ANYWAYS here’s them as babies from yesterday

      ARENT THEY CUTE THEYRE SO BABY so I named the family かみしろ (typing the hiragana to get used to it) bc I didn’t know what to pick but I saw a pic of rui kamishiro from pjsekai so that’s what I chose hdjffkgl
      Uhh two are girls and one is a boy im p sure?? They’re all very cute lmao so they grew into toddlers last night and here’s them now

       
      CUTE BABIES ok I think that’s it for now the word of the day is おやつ which means snack according to google translate which makes sense bc when I clicked on that it showed a lollypop LOL OK BYEEEE HOPEFULLY ILL UPDATE THIS
    • By U N I V E R X S E
      Hi I’m going to restart doing a log after not being here for a year. Anyhoo, I still have the same Tamagotchi white color on :). I’ll update later
    • By iTamannadi
      Hello everyone and welcome to my log! 
      I would like to start this log by saying happy new year to all of you and wish you all the best in 2021. I'm sure last year was rough and we all struggled during the unexpected pandemic so please stay strong and safe because clearly the fight is not over, and I hope that this year is going to be the end of it and a beginning for all good things.  
      As you can see from the title that I'm going to log here about my Magical Witch and the Devilgotchi which I am so excited about and for some reason worried at the same time! I will be logging while I'm exploring these two fascinating toys and yes it took me SO long playing with them for what is going on in world, but the time has finally come and I hope you guys will enjoy this post. 
      So today is the day that I finally decided to put some batteries into my new evil babies and the excitement I felt when I turned them on! 
      Starting with the Devilgotchi:
      when I removed the tab I immediately saw to what appears to be  like a smoke that lasted for a few seconds until the bat showed up as you can see below:

      the bat just kept flying and flashing for about 2-3 minutes and then it evolved to Deviltchi:

      a new Devil is born, without really realizing the consequences of raising a devil has just begun! 😈
      I took sometime figuring out the menu and of course fed him and tried to fill his both Hunger and Happy meter. Right after that I played the 'Catch' game, all you have to do is throw a star for your devil to catch it. You need to collect 4 stars in each round to win. As far as I know the game doesn't end unless you press C or lose but I'm not sure about that. 
       
      I actually spent good amount of time playing the game until... he.. slept during one of the rounds and made a very evil sound, not gonna lie I was caught off guard when I saw him sleeping and then suddenly he started smiling while the screen was inverting. Took me a while when I realized that this is him being mischievous and he wouldn't let me continue playing! By that time he stopped doing it so when I went and checked his Devil Power or DP is increased to 50, that means 10 more points were added because I didn't take any action quicker! 
      After that happened I thought I need to keep an eye on this little devil because I'm not allowing this to happen again, so I did that and made sure that every time he misbehaved and tried to be mischievous I will discipline him which is exactly what happened  
      This is him being naughty and not allowing me checking his health status after he beeped: 

      that was the only time I was able to take a pic of how often and quickly he will pull pranks on me which makes me laugh every time I see him sabotaging the games, not allowing me to check his status or even rejecting the food when he calls for it!  
      That helped me reduce his Devil Power a lot a long with 'Shaking Hands' with him. Randomly he will beep while looking at me and giving me a lovely little evil smirk which basically means that he is being friendly and wants peace:

      Ultimately, all I want to trigger is a 'Good End' and a good looking character when he reaches his final stage, all that can be done if I manage to discipline him and make sure the friendship level between us is good. Only time could tell we should just wait and see...
      The Magical Witch:
      After inserting the batteries oh my I couldn't believe I'm actually starting my very first Magical Witch that happens to be the air witch, also called Baluluna. After setting the time I waited for about 5 minutes to finally have my witch arrive! Also I would like to say that the animation is beautiful when there is a moon on the side of the screen that keeps rotating until your witch arrive, thought that was a perfect intro that suits the theme of the toy  

      She was hungry and wasn't feeling well (as she should be I mean who take 5 minutes to show up) I fed her some seeds and snacks to fill her meters up.
      After settling her down, I went and searched about mixing the ingredients to create potions because that's what Magical Witches are about, using magic to either curse or cure another witch. I tried the first time mixing the very first potion that you can make and things did not turn out well...

      the first attempt as you can see above didn't end well, while using the mixing bowl my witch looked funny when suddenly the potion exploded at her haha! She looked a bit sick and it took me a lot of time to actually figure out how to cure her from the explosion and turned out one of the seeds she has in store can actually cure her but needed to be used multiple times. I decided to give her a break for few minutes and go for another try one more time. This time she did well by mixing the ingredients well and we got what we wanted for our very first mix which is mushrooms:

      Each time you successfully mix the ingredients you will get three pieces from the same mix. I gave my witch another break and made sure she is fed and healthy before going for the second potion she has to make. 
      The second mix went very well and it took only one attempt:

      As can be seen, the second item she obtained is a broom, which will help us obtain the third item/food that we will try to mix tomorrow.  
      Paying attecntion to her MP or Magical Power could give us a really good results with the witch behavior and how well she could produce different mixtures, if there's another witch involved that will help it increase even faster but we should be alright with just one.
      The End:
      That was all it for today, I personally am enjoying them both equally and I believe the more is yet to come. Although my Devil keeps beeping while it's asleep as I'm writing this it beeped more than 5 times (now it's 3am where I live) I've always loved the fact that you need to take care of a Devil and that didn't disappoint especially that I have terrible history with vintage tamagotchis but this one is different I can tell.  The Magical witches don't necessarily function as a Tamagotchi but they do look alike. For example the icons are similar, the buttons and how they respond is the same and I think the overall it's simpler gameplay wise. Definitely excited to see what we can do tomorrow so stay tuned.  
      this is the end of today's log, hope you guys enjoyed it please feel free to comment about anything.   
    • By Tacoburritotchi
      Hey guys!
      The long-anticipated moment has arrived..
      I got my very first Tamagotchi!
      It is the Magic White version of the Tamagotchi ON.
      So in this log, I won't be posting pics, sadly.
      LET THE LOG COMMENCE!
      Friday, 27/11/2020.
      I started up my new Tama, filled in everything, and got ready for my egg to hatch!
      It hatched into.. a girl, which my dad named Daisy. 
      I took care of it, then it took a nap for, like 3 minutes. I woke up the screen to see that it had pooped on the spot.
      Not long after, it had evolved into Chiroritchi, a good care character!
      So I immediately got to getting out and earning gotchi points.
      That's it for now, see ya next time! >w<
    • By Sheeppun
      Hello, hello, I'm a long time fan of tamagotchi but a new member to tamatalk! 
      I decided to start a log for the lavender Wonder Garden tamagotchi I just got, which was one part a nostalgia purchase and another part mental health purchase. As silly as it sounds, tamagotchis helped me through depression  and anxiety as a kid. They're very much security blankets to me. 
      However this log won't really record my mental health, just the tamagotchi so don't worry about that.

      Forgive my phone's crummy camera, but I got a baby girl! I've always been more partial to female tamas personally!
      Also yes, that is my personal art! I find tamagotchi's simple designs lend well to being good warm up sketches so expect seeing some doodles my tamas now and then.
    • By LucidLyes
      So this morning my Hashizoutchi died at 18 years old.

      It was the longest that I've managed to keep a Tamagotchi ever as far as I can remember. It was on the Tamagotchi Game Boy game, on which I'm playing what I decided to label the "PoorBoy's Tamagotchi". The rules are that you can only take care of your Tamagotchi if the in-game clock matches your real-life clock. I've made a post about it here:
      https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/199133-how-to-make-tamagotchi-for-game-boy-more-like-a-real-tamagotchi/

      Upon its death I was labeled a genius by some stranger aliens who took Venus to their home planet.

      Apparently they have the ability to revive dead Tamagotchi so Venus was revived and made an Honorary Member of... something lol. They dressed him up weidly and that's last time I saw him.

      So as promised, here is my log (@Penguin-keeper) . I'll be covering mostly the 3 Tamagotchi games on Game Boy. I'll be trying to get every character in every game, which I'm sure will keep me occupied for a long time. I'll also mix in some Android virtual pet apps so that the log will hopefully remain fresh and interesting.
      I'm starting with Tamagotchi 1 on GB, since for the time being it's my favourite of the 3 Game Boy games.

      As you can see I've already picked 4 of the eggs, with Venus being the 4th. It's time to hatch that green one which I'll be naming Gaia (I'm uninspiringly naming them after planets, before Venus was Mercury). I wonder what happens when you hatch all the eggs and the last one dies, there has to be a cinematic or something, we'll see.

      So here is Gaia. Since I've been raising Tamagotchis since a very long time and know all the rules, I'm adding myself a new rule to spice things up: for this run, I'm not allowed to check Gaia's stats apart from its age and weight. In real life, your pet or kid doesn't have a hungry and happy meter, you have to guess how it's feeling.
      I've also decided thar Gaia will be a nerd, I'm only going to give it Math training. The only exercise it will be doing will be to maintain its weight. We'll see how it'll grow up and how long it'll live with this education.
      I think that's all for today, I'll try to post everyday if my schedule allows.