Hi there, recently I got myself a second-hand tamagotchi P1 (gen 1) re-released version. The case design indicates that it's a Japanese version. It's pinkish-red, with blue clock numbers and blue buttons, and black arrows. At the back, there is the usual "Bandai, Wiz 2017" and below some Japanese wordings. However, the language in the game itself is in English. I don't think it's a fake since the gameplay is similar to the original P1. I'm curious as to why this is so. Anyone has any insights? Thanks :)

• Like 1

I did some research, I think you are referring to the mini version or the 20th anniversary celebration re-release not the P1/P2.

Check this site you will find information regarding this version. :) 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, iTamannadi said:

I did some research, I think you are referring to the mini version or the 20th anniversary celebration re-release not the P1/P2.

Check this site you will find information regarding this version. :) 

Hi there! Nope it isn't the mini version, since there are icons I can select and stats I can see. If I'm not wrong the mini version is simplified without those functions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TamaTom95 said:

Hi there! Nope it isn't the mini version, since there are icons I can select and stats I can see. If I'm not wrong the mini version is simplified without those functions.

I thought it might be the mini version since it included “wiz 2017”, sorry about that!

Hope someone who knows will able to help you ^_^

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure that they didn't region-lock the casings with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 reissues - the only ones that they left in Japan were the ones with hiragana on them.

6 hours ago, iTamannadi said:

I thought it might be the mini version since it included “wiz 2017”, sorry about that!

The full-sized reissues were released in 2017 in Japan. ;)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I'm pretty sure that they didn't region-lock the casings with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 reissues - the only ones that they left in Japan were the ones with hiragana on them.

Thank you! I am not so sure because from what I've read and seen (though is still possible I haven't read up enough and am wrong), there are some case designs that are restricted to Japan, and the global releases have different case designs not released in Japan (also the global version was released in 2018, whereas the Japanese version was released in 2017). The global releases also have battery disposal symbols at the back, whereas mine has hiragana wordings at the back. This is where my confusion comes in. If it's possible that mine is a Japanese unit, but the language has been switched to English because it was being sold outside of Japan, would the death scene be the same as the Japanese version (ghost floating above gravestone) or would it be changed to that of a global version (angel or UFO)?

Edited by TamaTom95
  • Like 2

Some of the HK versions had japanese shells with english software.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eggiweg said:

Some of the HK versions had japanese shells with english software.

I've heard about the old 1996/1997 release having a HK version, but I'm not aware of the new 2017/2018 having a HK version.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TamaFifi27
      Since quarentine has happened, I've seen many people make money from making items out of resin. Though I don't want to make money out of this idea, i thought about making tamagotchi shells out of resin.
      After some research, people have been doing so with the newer versions, but only the front part. I've bought some suplies (a silicon mould kit, a 2 part resin kit, a pigment powder set and some glow in the dark pigment set) from the internet and they'll be arriving tomorrow and the actual testing will begin!
      I will be testing the version 5 first since its the one i use least and wont be as sad if i accidentally break something whilst taking apart the tamagotchi.
      Stay tuned for an update tomorrow!

• By tamapalace
      If you’ve been drooling over the images GameStop has released of the P1 & P2 replicas this week, then boy do we have some good news for you! You may recall that these devices will not be available for sale until October, but if you’re in the San Diego area you might just be in luck.
      If you’re attending the San Diego Comic-Con this year you will be able to purchase 2 exclusive Tamagotchi’s straight from Bandai’s booth (#3535). Bandai will be selling exclusive metallic Tamagotchi P1 & P2 replicas. These devices feature the same programing as the original P1’s and P2’s back in the 90’s. The packaging is merely identical to the packaging GameStop released, but note that the top features the “Convention Exclusive” verbiage.
      The P1 features a purple metallic shell, where as the P2 features a blue metallic shell. Both devices feature yellow buttons. These models are completely exclusive to the San Diego Comic-Con. Bandai will be selling them for $40 USD, and there will only be a limited number of them available each day of the convention. The San Diego Comic-Con starts on Thursday July 19th, and wraps up on Sunday July 22nd.
      So if you can’t wait until October to get your hands on the replicas, then we hope you’ve got tickets for the San Diego Comic-Con and a few extra dollars to get your hands on one of these! We want to hear what you think in the comments below, which shell is your favorite?
    • By QueenRita
      Alright so, I'm not very good at telling things apart at first glance, especially not Mini's and Original P1/P2s. There's this listing on eBay, and I can't tell if it's a mini or a P1. It has the same shell as a few minis ive seen but I know that minis are based on the original tamagotchi's, so I'm not sure. Also, since they're photos on eBay, i can't physically discern the size of the listed tamagotchi vs a tamagotchi mini. This listing itself is probably a P1/P2, as it has 1997 on the back, but sometimes listings don't include photos of the back, so.

How can I tell the difference between a Tamagotchi P1/P2 and a Tamagotchi Mini?

I mainly ask because I want to know for future reference even though I can tell in this particular scenario so I don't have to worry too hard about it on a later date and can solve the mystery on my own. Does anyone know an effective way to tell P1/P2s apart from Mini's without using size?
    • By Penguin-keeper
      On November 23rd 2017, Bandai released a final 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi line-up in Japan - the Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi (roughly, "Congratulations! 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi" or "Celebrate! 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi"). It was the final send-off for the 20th anniversary of the Tamagotchi, and also marked the beginning of the line's 21st year.

These units are supposedly exact replicas of the P1 and P2, but powered by a CR2032 instead of two LR44s. They're even packaged in replicas of the original Japanese packaging, differentiated only by the copyright date being 2017 instead of 1996.

However, I don't know how "exact" of a replica this line really is. I've searched TamaTalk, but I couldn't seem to find any mention of them.

Does anyone here have any of them, and, if so, what's the verdict on them? Are there any gameplay/raising differences, at all? Or do they play out exactly the same as on the original P1 and P2?

Thanks in advance for any information that anyone has to share!
    • By Ninomitchi
      Hello! I'm starting to collect Tamagotchi after so many years without caring about it. My last Tamagotchi was a V4 one, so it's been a while since then!
      I'm planning on starting with a M!X one, as I love the character mix concept! However, I don't know which version to pick...
      The most important thing & the one that will make me go with x version is that it includes Mimitchi on it. Mimitchi is my favorite Tamacharacter, so I'd love to start with her.
      I've checked a chart with the available M!X versions and which characters do they include, and Mimitchi only seems to appear in the 20th Anniversary one. However, I don't know if this means that she's raisable ONLY in the 20th Anniversary, if she's only available for mixing my Tamagotchi with her (aka she's non-raisable) OR that she doesn't appear at all on the rest of versions. This is the chart I've checked: http://www.vpets.org/images/guides/Sanrio-Mix/MixVersionList.png
      I've also read that there was a new Tamagotchi M!X coming on November but I don't know anything about it.
      So yeah, tl;dr, my question is: Does Mimitchi only appear in the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi M!X as a raisable Tamagotchi?​ Or does she appear in any other newer M!X Tamagotchi? (Like the one coming out soon)?
      I also want to know where can I find Tamagotchis available for my future purchases. Thanks!
    • By shima-chan
      Hi everyone!

I've been a tamagotchi fan since the connection, but I haven't really played with tamagotchis since music stars, and even then I hardly played with it. But anyway, I recently found my v4.5 and it got me thinking about tamagotchis again. I did some research and whoa!! tamagotchi's have gotten craaaazy since the TMGC+C. I recently found out about the tamagotchi m!x and decided to pick up the 20th anniversary edition because it has shimashimatchi, and mimitchi!

I'll try and update with pictures and other things as I update but for now I'll just do a quick written entry just to get the ball rolling.

My v4.5 is the blue marble design and currently it's on generation 1 and I've got a two year old ura young mametchi. I'm trying to get an ura kutchipatchi from this but, we'll see how that goes... I've always managed to get mametchi in each of my first gens on my v4.5s so I'm trying to get some of the characters I never got in years past.

I've also just received my tamagotchi m!x today in the mail. I was so excited! This is my first ever color tamagotchi and omg it's so fun!! I bought the 20th anniversary edition in the white design. It's so sleek and shiny and pastel-y and I looove it! Right now I have a male ahirukutchi and he's still 0 years old. He's also stained red because I thought I could unlock the train to makkakka town, but turns out you need to be on your third generation.

Instead I was able to unlock Flower Hills and Rainbow Hills so far, which are both super fun locations. I'm happy that Rainbow Hills unlocked a new minigame, beacuse the paparazzi/photo one was getting a bit tried... In addition I just spent today exploring the various parks at each location trying to make friends. I'm hoping to marry off this tamagotchi with Mimitchi because she's one of my favorite characters. I also played a TON of mini games and changed my wallpaper and bought my lil guy some toys.

Okay! That's really all for now, I'm not sure how life cycles work in the color editions but tomorrow my v4.5 should evolve and ~maybe~ so will my m!x...? We'll just have to stay tuned. I'll be taking photos when I can from here on out so I hope to share those with you all soon!