Weird Tamagotchi P1 re-release

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaTom95

Reaction score
Hi there, recently I got myself a second-hand tamagotchi P1 (gen 1) re-released version. The case design indicates that it's a Japanese version. It's pinkish-red, with blue clock numbers and blue buttons, and black arrows. At the back, there is the usual "Bandai, Wiz 2017" and below some Japanese wordings. However, the language in the game itself is in English. I don't think it's a fake since the gameplay is similar to the original P1. I'm curious as to why this is so. Anyone has any insights? Thanks :)

I did some research, I think you are referring to the mini version or the 20th anniversary celebration re-release not the P1/P2.

Check this site you will find information regarding this version. :)  

I did some research, I think you are referring to the mini version or the 20th anniversary celebration re-release not the P1/P2.

Check this site you will find information regarding this version. :)  
Hi there! Nope it isn't the mini version, since there are icons I can select and stats I can see. If I'm not wrong the mini version is simplified without those functions.

Hi there! Nope it isn't the mini version, since there are icons I can select and stats I can see. If I'm not wrong the mini version is simplified without those functions.
I thought it might be the mini version since it included “wiz 2017”, sorry about that!

Hope someone who knows will able to help you  ^_^

I'm pretty sure that they didn't region-lock the casings with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 reissues - the only ones that they left in Japan were the ones with hiragana on them.

I thought it might be the mini version since it included “wiz 2017”, sorry about that!
The full-sized reissues were released in 2017 in Japan. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that they didn't region-lock the casings with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 reissues - the only ones that they left in Japan were the ones with hiragana on them.
Thank you! I am not so sure because from what I've read and seen (though is still possible I haven't read up enough and am wrong), there are some case designs that are restricted to Japan, and the global releases have different case designs not released in Japan (also the global version was released in 2018, whereas the Japanese version was released in 2017). The global releases also have battery disposal symbols at the back, whereas mine has hiragana wordings at the back. This is where my confusion comes in. If it's possible that mine is a Japanese unit, but the language has been switched to English because it was being sold outside of Japan, would the death scene be the same as the Japanese version (ghost floating above gravestone) or would it be changed to that of a global version (angel or UFO)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back