Screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummytamaaustralia

Reaction score
Hi. My daughter received her tama for Christmas and is now crying because the screen looks like this on the attached photo. Does anyone know if that can be fixed? The buttons still work 😢. Thank you 😁

Hi there! I've moved your thread to the Help For Tamagotchi Owners section, where it will hopefully get the necessary attention. :)

I'm sorry to hear that something has gone wrong and that your daughter is upset. Unfortunately, I can't see any image attached to your post - can you try uploading it again at a smaller size, or to an external image-host such as Imgur, please?

Hi. My daughter received her tama for Christmas and is now crying because the screen looks like this on the attached photo. Does anyone know if that can be fixed? The buttons still work 😢. Thank you 😁
I also cannot see any photo, but I'm assuming that the tamagotchi On screen is scratched. This is a common problem: for some reason, the Western Tamagotchi On packaging leaves scratches on the screen.

There is really no way to fix it, you can put a screen protector on it (putting a screen protector on it will make the scratches almost practically invisible): find one here at JapanYouWant.com

https://japanyouwant.com/product/new-tamagotchi-meets-mx-crystal-shield-screen-protect-film-x1-pdakobo-japan

The Japanese Meets and Western Tamagotchi On are the same, so the screen protector for the Meets will fit on the Tamagotchi On.

Or, what I would recommend, buy a case for the tamagotchi that covers the whole thing and has a clear plastic cover for the screen (this will cover the screen to protect it from more scratches and also make it so that you can't see the small scratches on the screen anymore). 

A good example of this is: 

y0vaR2t.jpg

Unfortunately, this one is sold out and the seller on Etsy.com has been on a break since the COVID-19 pandemic began. But, if you google tamagotchi On case, you should be able to find something good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. It’s not a scratch and I’ve attached the photo again. To me it looks like there’s something wrong on the inside. Probably nothing that can be done but just a shame after only six months. Thanks for reading 😁

F5BC2C98-885B-4B79-A0A6-4500794CF9DA.jpeg

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. It’s not a scratch and I’ve attached the photo again. To me it looks like there’s something wrong on the inside. Probably nothing that can be done but just a shame after only six months. Thanks for reading 😁

View attachment 581
The late reply is no problem at all! :)

Just to be sure, has the device seen any drops or other similar impacts?

If not, it seems that the best bet would be to contact the manufacturer, Bandai, as they would be in the best position to advise.

Latest posts

Back